Thursday, December 22, 2022

Build a wooden Gingerbread house!

 

Building a Gingerbread house can be a lot of fun, but they typically won't last that long so if you are looking for something to build with your kids that you can hold onto as a decoration for years to come why not build a wooden gingerbread house? Made by Me! has a build & paint your own gingerbread house kit which sells for $19.99 on amazon. 

When purchasing this kit I would also pick up an extra bottle of glue & a extra bottle of brown paint as there isn't enough of either in this kit otherwise we are quite happy with everything included. It comes with instructions on how to build the house, a little bit of glue, some paint, a paint brush, lots of pompoms & glittery stickers that look snow covered to put into your house plus the wood pieces to build it of course. 

The great thing about this kit is that it can be done alone or the whole family can participate by decorating different parts of the house. Your work station will get a little messy but it is no where near how much of a mess we usually make with the candy version of the gingerbread house, plus the walls held together much better & we didn't have to worry about gum drops falling off. 

I think this turned out pretty cute & there are still a few things my son would like to add to this to give it some extra holiday magic. I love that we can keep this for years to come & maybe even include in a Christmas village type set up. I am happy with the amount of time the craft takes up & the materials provided, for $20 this is a fun and worth while kit to pick up as a last minute Christmas craft or to hold onto to do next year.

Disclaimer-  Horizon Group USA provided me with the products mentioned above for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase. 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute and for only $20 I'd love to do this! Unlike a real gingerbread house this one you can use again and again! Especially a good project on a cold /rainy day! ❤️❤️❤️ - Sienna

brianmayroam said...

The end result looks good. Glad you have the PATIENCE!

Anonymous said...

My family and I actually built gingerbread houses after we had thanksgiving lunch at my moms house. It was a lot of fun once I got the house to stay together, it’s harder then it looks! Thank you for telling us about these though!

-Whitney Stewart

Healing Oils said...

This is such a cute craft project. I love how the end result looks--very beautiful.

Olga said...

Aw, it is such cute ginger bread house. I think I`ll buy it for the new year eve activity for my 5 years son.

mail4rosey said...

See, now this is the kind of gingerbread house I could do. The food ones always fall apart on me or look just awful when I'm done, lolol

abzstylz said...

I always wanted to build a ginger bread house! I look forward to doing it when I have my kids :)

Marysa said...

What a cute kit! My kids would have loved this when they were younger.

Clarice said...

Wow! This is really nice and worth every penny. How we wish to see this sooner. My girls would love this.

Fransic Verso said...

That's a big win to keep it for years. It look pretty and yet can add more touches to it.

Shirley O said...

A nice gift idea, my grandchildren would really enjoy this.

Heather Swanson said...

This would be so much fun to create!

Melissa Greene said...

This looks great for small kids and I like the non-food option.