Monday, April 11, 2022

April/May '22 CreepyCrate Review!

 

The April/May CreepyCrate has arrived! This month has several fun items, and I am glad to see there is a collectable enamel pin in the crate again, they are one of my favorite things to receive. What is CreepyCrate? Let me tell you, CreepyCrate is a Horror/True Crime themed bi-monthly subscription box. If you've been a follower of my blog for a while, you will have seen some past reviews featuring the great items they include in each crate. 

Each month includes a physical copy of a book along with a digital copy of a secondary book. This crates book is "Unmasked" by Paul Holes, alternatively some of the boxes may have received "The New Neighbor" by Carter Wilson as different box variation. The digital book is a copy of "The Shadow of Death", they used to send you an email link with a link to claim your digital book. However they no longer do it that way, instead there will be a QR code on the item sheet that arrives with your crate. I always love seeing which book they select for these boxes, there are quite a few that really peaked my interest when I read the blurb on what the book was about. 

The biggest item to come in this crate is the "Where are you D.B. Cooper?" backpack. It is a fun drawstring backpack with two extra pockets compared to what normally comes on a basic drawstring bag. I think this would be a great bag to take with on a road trip or to keep your belongings in during a hike. Two of the items in this month's box are also quite useful, those two items are the "X-Files" nail file which I think is a great play on the shows name, my mom always loved watching this show when I was younger, she would watch it every week so I think I will pass this onto her. The Devil's Footprint sticky note set is also very useful and is just the right size to toss into your purse or bag for when you need some note paper, it is also small enough you can put it in your pocket if you prefer.

Also included was a Texarkana Killer Pin plus a Lincolnshire Poacher numbers station lanyard. All of the non-book items are CreepyCrate exclusives which means you can't get them anywhere else aside from maybe Ebay if someone decides to sell off the items they didn't want to keep. The crates are $39.99 per crate, you can choose to get billed bi-monthly or pre-pay for your crates selecting the three or six crate option, shipping is included in the price. I am pretty happy with this box, all of the products have a use and the book sounds like it will be an interesting read. One of my favorite items to receive in these boxes are the enamel pins, I have a cork board I like keeping them on along with my normal collection.

Which is your favorite item from this crate? What creature, horror movie or unsolved case would you hope to receive an item for?

Disclaimer- Creepy Crate provided a box for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

7 comments:

Samantha Donnelly said...

I do love that there are so many subscription boxes around now, there really is something for everyone. I have not seen one like this before and can see it being very popular

Yeah Lifestyle said...

Loving the enamel pin as well as the book as I am a huge X File fan. Thanks for sharing about CreepyCrate as not heard of them before this. Makes a fabulous gift as well

Chad said...

This is the coolest sub box ever! The creepycrate, wow!!! I am getting one...

Tammy said...

This looks like a really fun subscription box! I LOVE true crime and mystery shows so this would definitely be something I could get lost in!

rhian westbury said...

I used to have a subscription box like this, but I found that it had things from franchiese I didn't really know. This is cool for people who love true crime x

mail4rosey said...

I know the person who is perfect for this crate. My daughter's bff is huge on the real life horror stories.

Melissa Greene said...

Great crate I love that drawstring bag!