Sunday, February 13, 2022

Monster Jam Live Event Review!

Even if you aren't the biggest fan of monster trucks, it is still an event you should attend at least once as you'd be surprised just how exciting it can be. Monster Jam came through Arizona over the weekend at an event they hosted in Glendale, AZ at the State Farm Stadium. The event itself is a lot of fun, however I recommend arriving early by at least an hour, traffic into the parking lot can get a little crazy especially since there was another event going on at the same time, so it took us about 45 minutes waiting in line before we were able to park and that was prior to going through the security check and getting to our seats. Before you even step foot into the stadium you start to get excited because you can hear the rumble of the trucks massive engines and the cheers from the crowd going nuts over the tricks and jumps the trucks are able to pull off. 

Once we got inside our seats were easy to find. The crowd was full of energy and excitement everyone was ready to see some fun tricks, vote on their favorite trucks and potentially see some trucks wreck. I haven't personally been to a show since I was a kid, so I was looking forward to seeing if anything had changed. My kids and husband have never been, so it was an all-new experience for them. Monster Jam has a live app you can use during the show to vote on your favorite trucks and their performances to help them rank up on the score board to see who the ultimate winner would be. 

With so many crowd favorites it was a close competition with some of the trucks such as Grave Digger, Son-uva Digger, Solider of Fortune, Zombie and more. Each driver has a unique set of skills and a preferred method of tricks. 

It is absolutely crazy some of the tricks they are able to pull with the massive trucks they drive. Seeing the drivers being able to get the trucks onto two wheels balancing the trucks ever so perfectly so they won't topple and end up upside down. We were also able to see a two wheeled donut, some successful and unsuccessful tries at flipping their trucks and yes, I got videos of it! I will be sharing highlights of the event over on my Instagram page. I can only imagine how much fun it is to drive one of these massive trucks and do the amount of insane tricks that they do, it takes a lot of dedication, practice and a level of calmness to be able to get the massive amount of weight these trucks weigh to cooperate with what you are wanting them to do. 

There is a delicate balance with these trucks and the many turn overs you'll see goes to prove how you can go from doing an absolutely crazy stunt one second to being on your back the next because the ramp happened to tip your truck a little too much to one side and gravity took over.  

The first half of the event features the drivers seeing who could keep the trucks on two wheels for the longest amount of time, the longest running champion was Son-uva digger who managed to get almost 10 seconds. It is insane to see the time afterwards because it feels like it lasts several minutes then they announce it was only seconds they were up on two wheels. Each truck had two chances to test out their skills using which ever ramp around the venue they wanted to assist their trucks getting vertical. It is probably the truck most people know the name of and is my favorite truck as well, which truck is that? Grave digger of course but seeing son-uva digger was great as well because the driver Ryan had some of the best tricks of the night. I also really enjoyed watching Solider Fortune out on her runs, even when she ended up flipping her truck on it's backside she was still high spirited and did some cart wheels out on the track once she got out of her truck. All of the drivers had a lot of energy and were pumping up the crowd with their fun mini interviews during the event.

Following this there was a short intermission where they fixed anything on the trucks that needed to be fixed, fans could go get snacks, use the bathrooms, etc. then they came back for a free for all. Each of the drivers has a pretty amazing team behind them, they only have a set amount of time in between each half of the show to repair any damages that may have been done to the trucks. This includes rebuilding any part of the truck that may have fallen off during their stunts, replacing parts that burst or broke from how hard these trucks are driven during their short time out, and more. 

During the free for all each truck was given two minutes to drive the course and perform any number of tricks they wanted which were then judged using an app fans had access too. During the event as a whole, we saw some very high jumps, a few awesome flips and several accidents as well where trucks either ended up upside down or on their sides, and one even started to catch fire however the crew was really fast and put it out almost as soon as it had started. The show was pretty exciting because you never know what might happen during an event. My kids both enjoyed the show.

Good things to keep in mind before attending an event: If you don't want to spend a lot on food at the venue I suggest eating a head of time, arrive at least an hour before so that you have time to get into the parking lot, get through security, get to your seats and get settled in before everything starts. If you have small children, it can also get very loud during the event so it might be a good idea to bring a pair of protective head phones for them. 

Disclaimer- Monster Jam provided tickets for us for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

20 comments:

Sarah Stockley said...

Oh my goodness, this looks epic! We don't often get events like this is the UK but next time we do I would love to take my family as it looks like great fun

Chad said...

omg this must have been an amazing and exciting experience! I would love to watch it live one day, wow!!!!

The Super Mom Life said...

I have to take my youngest. She would absolutely love to see this live.

Melanie Edjourian said...

That looks like something my son would love to go see. He loves monster trucks!!!

Risa Lopez said...

It's always be my dream to watch monster trucks live. I always watch it on YT and cable channels.

Forever My Little Moon said...

It looks like it would be a fun time!

Lavanda Michelle said...

I would love to go here. i seems like an amazing event.

Yeah Lifestyle said...

Sounds like an event not to be missed! I know they were touring in the UK earlier this year but missed them. I do hope to watch them in person when they come down next

Laura said...

What fun. My kids would enjoy this so much!

Kat said...

oof... this looks intense! something that I want to see in person. chaotic but entertaining at the same time.

Laura Linklater said...

I have never been anywhere like this... It's basically one of our dreams as a family for ONE day when we visit the states! I will be a very happy Boy-Mom I am sure that day!!

Jupiter Hadley said...

When I was a kid, my brother was obsessed with Monster Trucks! I am going to tell him about this event and I am sure he will take his family.

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

oh wow! it looks fun! I have never been to anything like it before, I wonder if I would have actually liked that. Anyways, I think it's awesome you are sharing this experience with us through and through

Lady In Read said...

on our to-do list for years now.. i should look to see when this is happening in our local stadium next..

Momandtheboys said...

Hope Monster Jam visits Nashville again. My son will be thrilled to watch it and so am I. Grave Digger is a family favorite.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a cool experience. I have some friends who love this kinda stuff.

Marysa said...

We have been to some Monster Jam events and it is a lot of fun! The arena near us is quite small and I'd love to check them out in a larger venue.

Erica Webster-Russell said...

I can’t say I’ve ever been to a monster truck event, but after reading your review, I’ll keep an eye out for future events on the west coast. It sounds like it would be far better in person to attend than it is to watch it on tv.

Melissa Greene said...

I have only been to an event once and it was fun but I do not remember them flipping so that sounds so neat to see.

Kirsten Lyon said...

Monster truck events are fun & high energy!