Thursday, February 24, 2022

Mrs. Chickens - Nashville Hot Chicken in Phoenix,AZ!

Nashville hot chicken
 

You may have recently seen my reviews on the restaurants Frasher's Smokehouse & Frasher's Tavern, but what you might not know is that the owner also owns a restaurant called Mrs. Chicken that serves Nashville style hot chicken. Don't worry though, if you aren't a fan of hot foods they also have an original flavor that doesn't have any spice to it. However if you are looking for something spicy they have a mild level of heat and also offer on that is so spicy you are required to sign a waiver before eating your food, they call it the "Melt your face off" chicken. Mrs. Chickens is located in Phoenix, their address is 4011 N 32nd St, Phoenix, AZ 85018.

We were able to stop by and visit Mrs. Chickens to see what they had to offer and boy was it delicious! I can be pretty picky about how I like my chicken, so I was very happy with the quality of chicken we received. Each of us picked out something slightly different to try out and we were all happy with our selection, here is what we each picked out:

My husband went with the "Hot" version of the chicken wings, the hot is made with Habanero peppers. It was a little spicier than he had thought it was going to be, but he really enjoyed the flavor and the crunch of the fried wings. I tried a little piece of it and can say, yes it was hot! I can't imagine what the XXX hot (melt your face off) version tastes like. We are told that they have a few regulars who like to come in a few times a month and eat the XXX hot, which I can believe there are a lot of spicy lovers out there. 

My children each went with the chicken tenders, my daughter wanted the original because she doesn't like any kind of spice and my son went with the mild. The original might not have any spicy seasoning to it, but there are still quite delicious. All of the chicken in each of our meals was cooked perfectly, they were crunchy and crispy on the outside yet still juicy and tender on the inside. Mild is made using a bit of Cayenne pepper so it has a little bit of a kick to it, enough that it won't make your mouth feel like it is on fire but that you can taste it. Each of the kids also selected the BBQ seasoned fries with their meal, yum! The kids and I agreed we could go back there for just the fries and be happy. 

I selected the Yardbryd sandwich on recommendation of the owner. I did remove about half of the coleslaw though, I do like coleslaw but only a little at a time. I went with Medium which is made from the same pepper as the mild, it just has more of it. It was so good, I loved that even though it was spicy the bread and slaw helped level out the flavors. I was also able to try a tender in Medium and mmmmm the tenders are fantastic. 

Side wise we were able to try out the baked potato salad which was good, plus if you feel like your mouth is a little too hot the cold potato salad can help alleviate your mouth a little. The red beans & rice was alright, but it wasn't our favorite just because it felt a little out of place with our meal so we probably wouldn't get it again. Lastly we were also able to try the collard greens, to me they tasted kind of like diced up Brussels sprouts, it was different no something I would think of ordering but it was good.


The restaurant feels like a cross between a sit down joint and a fast food place and the prices are about right in the middle as well, the portion sizes are great though. I think their décor fits well with the theme, they even have chicken coop wire up in the windows which gives it a cute farm feel. My kids can usually get two meals out of one tenders order due to the tenders being large enough you fill up quickly. We actually have been back since visiting to do a review and it is a restaurant I would stop at again when I am feeling in the mood for spicy chicken tenders. The first time we were there we ate outside in their outdoor patio area, the weather was nice and it was enjoyable sitting out under the string lights they had up and the second time we got our food to go to enjoy at home.

Disclaimer-  Mrs. Chickens provided the products mentioned above for the review  free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchasing the product.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummm! Now I am craving chicken and a trip to Arizona or Nashville.

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

Looks good! so tempting! there definitely is something special about fried chicken in my heart. the place looks nice as well.

Riyah Speaks said...

OOOH This looks so yummy!

Erica Webster-Russell said...

I must admit that Phoenix is the last place I would expect to find great Nashville Hot Chicken! But Mrs. Chickens sounds like a great place to stop and enjoy some delicious chicken. I like that it is a combination of sit-down and fast food. I'll add this to my list of go-to places during my upcoming visit to Phoenix.

Joyce K. said...

This just looks so amazing!!! I am tempted to just fly to Nashville right now and buy that delicious chicken

Chad said...

I've never been to Phoenix but omg this looks SO GOOD! I love fried chicken, can't wait to try Mrs. Chickens.

Talya Stone said...

That looks like some seriously scrummy chicken! I am sure my family would love it too.

Natalie Loves Beauty said...

This is my first time hearing about this place! I need to go back to Arizona and visit Phoenix!

Risa Lopez said...

All the food looks yummy and affordable, too. Next time I will visit that place and try their chicken!

Catherine said...

Looks absolutely delicious! What a wonderful spot to stop at for a quick, fun, and delicious meal!

bn100 said...

looks tasty

Jasmine M said...

The food looks absolutely delicious. I would love to try the chicken with the Habanero peppers. Also the Yardbryd sandwich is making my mouth water. I definitely need to try this place.

Jupiter Hadley said...

Oh wow that chicken looks so crispy and delicious! I wish one of these had opened up near me.

Helga said...

I love eating at places like this, so yummy!