Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Date night at Frashers Tavern in Scottsdale.

 

Valentine's day is coming up on Monday! If you are still thinking of somewhere to treat yourself and a loved one to a nice meal for the holiday and you are near Scottsdale, Arizona you should think about stopping at Frashers Tavern. The tavern is a steakhouse that has only been at this location for a short time after they moved to this new building, before this the owner had another location that has been around for almost twenty years. This location is located at 4180 N. Drinkwater Blvd. Scottsdale,Arizona 85251.

It is a nice sit-down restaurant that is a little on the higher end of the price scale but offers a romantic feel to the room with low lighting, candles on all the tables, a nice-looking wine room/ wine selection. Speaking of the low lighting my camera was not very happy with it so sadly I wasn't able to snap a proper photo of all the main courses we had, sorry! 

We arrived at the Tavern on a Thursday evening, it was still early in the night so there were only two other occupied tables and a few people up at the bar. Our server was very friendly, and he helped us to our seats before helping with our order. To start off the night we placed an order for the toasted ravioli, the BBQ shrimp and a small bowl of the peppercorn steak soup to split as appetizers. Not only did the description for the raviolis sound delicious, but I saw a photo of them on their website and they looked fantastic as well, so I knew I had to try them. 

The kids and I really enjoyed the raviolis, they were cooked just right giving them the perfect crunch when you bit into them. The BBQ shrimp are in a mixture of bbq and butter which makes for an interesting yet tasty combo, plus the shrimp were a pretty decent size. Last up on the appetizer we tried was the peppercorn soup, it was by far my favorite of the three. I honestly could have had just the soup as my main course and been happy with my meal, it had a lot of rich flavors and was packed with tiny, shredded pieces of steak so there was some in every bite. 


For our main course, my husband had a ribeye steak, my children split a steak sandwich and I had the babyback ribs plus we split a dish of green chili mac & cheese. When it comes to steak, I never really picture how big it will be in ounces so I was a little surprised at just how big the steak was that my husband received, it could feed two people. The steak sandwich was also a good size, my kids split it and they were both full at the end of the meal & both seemed to enjoy the sandwich (and the fries, but almost all kids love fries). What is a steak sandwich? It is just as it sounds, they take a griller tenderloin along with cheese, sauteed peppers and onions and add them to a hoagie roll served with a side of fries.

My babyback ribs were pretty good! They aren't overly saturated with bbq sauce so unless you are going crazy when eating, you shouldn't make a huge mess. However, just in case you do they will bring you out a warmed wet towelette to keep your hands (and face) clean while eating. My dinner came with a side of mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. I do wish the asparagus had some seasonings or garlic cooked with it to add a little more flavor. The mashed potatoes were just the right consistency and there was plenty of food, so we ended up taking leftovers home with us plus a slice of cake to try out once we were ready for dessert. 

It was a nice experience at a new restaurant we've never been to before, the location is a little tucked away, but it is easy to reach & there is plenty of parking in the parking garage next to the restaurant. Be sure to bring your parking pass with you as the restaurant will validate it so you don't have to pay for parking. Even if you are full at the end of the nice, I recommend taking a piece of the chocolate decadence cake home with you to try, it almost tasted as if someone added a small layer of cake to a pan then added a layer of fudge on top. It was quite rich and creamy, and yes quite sweet so I am glad the four of us split a piece. 

Disclaimer- Frashers Tavern provided dinner for us for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

24 comments:

Joyce K. said...

I will definitely be trying this place out. The food looks amazing and thank you for the information about parking!!

Unknown said...

This is a great review Luna. I would have loved to see the other food you ate but the ones that you did capture look amazingly delicious.

Typically Twitterpated said...

I am obsessed with shrimp currently. The dish sounds fantastic. BBQ and butter sounds like it would be super rich!

The Super Mom Life said...

It sounds like a place my husband and I would love to dine at. If we are in the area, we'll definitely try it out.

Chad said...

I am literally drooling, the shrimps omg, looks so good! I would love to visit the restaurant.

Yeah Lifestyle said...

What a beautiful date night with gorgeous food, the starter and steak looks so appetizing. Frashers Tavern sounds like a must visit place

Unknown said...

We love Scottsdale, Arizona and the area in the photo looks familiar!
~ Paula Richie

Laura said...

oohh ribs are so yummy! Looks like a delicious evening out.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a wonderful place to eat in Scottsdale! Everything looks so delicious and yummy!

rhian westbury said...

Sounds like a lovely place for a meal. The steak sandwich sounds really yummy and probably what I'd pick myself x

Chrissy said...

Nice place + awesome food = love! Thanks for sharing

Jupiter Hadley said...

I have never seen ravollis like those! They seem really cool.

Adventure Awaits us at Home said...

We were recently in AZ visiting family. The plan was to go to Scottsdale but that changed for this past visit. Now when we go back we have great place to check out. Everything looks delicious.

Unknown said...

Wow, green chili mac and cheese. I love mac and cheese and that just sounds delicious.

Lavanda Michelle said...

Frashers Tavern in Scottsdale looks so romantic. The food looks so delicious.

Marysa said...

I haven't heard of Frashers before. This sounds like a great place to have a special meal.

Seadbeady said...

Too bad I live so far away, because I think I would love to eat there

aisasami said...

That buyback rick really looks really tender. Everything in the meal is so delicious! Glad you enjoyed it!

LuciWest said...

What a lovely time - and the food looks delicious. Since I can't get to the restaurant, I might be inspired to toast some ravioli tonight.

Laura Christina Linklater said...

This place looks amazing - thank you for sharing. I am so much more likely to visit a place I have seen recommended, especially with the kids.

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

the place looks lovely, perfect to spend the night. I really enjoyed seeing food there, it looks tempting

An Indian Traveler said...

The food looks mouth-watering! Frashers Tavern looks like a great place to spend such a special day. Would definitely like to check it out if given a chance. 

Erica Webster-Russell said...

I had been looking for a nice place near Phoenix for dinner when I fly in, and this is perfect! I'm adding this to my itinerary for my upcoming trip. Thanks for the recommendation!

Melissa Greene said...

That sounds and looks romantic, I love a nice candle lit dinner.