Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Spooky Goods from Creepy Crate!

Do you love Halloween and all things spooky? Enjoy watching horror movies and reading about cold cases and unsolved mysteries? The Creepy Crate Subscription box is perfect for you. I love all of these things too and the Creepy Crate offers all of this rolled up an exciting subscription box that ships out quarterly. Each box comes with one book along with several other goodies that can range from pins to house hold collectables. 

This crate is a great way to find new and interesting books, along with receiving some fun items from your favorite films along with learning about new horror films you may not know about. You can purchase a three box subscription for $120 or a Six box Subscription for $240. If you prefer to receive one box at a time they can be purchased for $40. The average retail value for each box they put together is $90, every box comes with a guarantee of getting one book plus 4-5 other goodies with it. (One of the items from this box is missing from the photo above).


The book included in the crate this time around is a hard copy of "The Case of the Murderous Dr Cream" or you could have received the other book of the month "The Murders That Made Us". Here is a short summary about the book; "The chilling true crime story of the Victorian era’s deadliest doctor “When a doctor does go wrong, he is the first of criminals,” Sherlock Holmes observed during one of his most puzzling murder investigations". Subscribers also received an email with a code to redeem a E-copy of the book "The Wanting".


One of my favorite goodies included in these boxes are the collectable pins! I have a small collection of pins I've been meaning to put on a cork board I have and I love getting new pins that suit my interests and likes. The pin included in this crate is inspired by the movie "Saw" which is a movie series I do enjoy and we usually watch them all during October. 



Next up is a set of slasher playing cards. I like the font and kind of messy ink design they went with for the cards and I look forward to using these for our next game of cards. It is always nice to have an extra set on hand for camping trips and car trips for when we get bored. 


This Good Guy Chucky Beach Ball will be fun to play with in the pool and toss around the yard with the kids. He almost looks sweet in this photo, but we all know he is anything but. The beach ball is a nice size and I like the sharp design they went with for his photo along with the colors of the beach ball. It was easy to fill with air and so far it seems like it will least at least a few summers. 


I am not going to lie this is one that I didn't recognize right away. It is a Camp Arawak draw string bag, I had to look it up and found it was from the 1983 film Sleepaway Camp. This movie came out several years before I was born, and I have never seen it or heard of it so this gives me an opportunity to find a new movie that I may add to my collection. 


Last but not least is this "Pieces" jigsaw puzzle that was included in the box. Due to the shape of the tube it had rolled off of my bed when I was taking photos and I didn't notice. The puzzle pieces are pretty small, but it seems like it would be a fun puzzle to put together. 

Depending on your personal preferences of what you like getting in mystery boxes the Creepy Crate may be a hit or miss for you if you aren't into knick knacks and collectables. I personally think the crates are a lot of fun to receive, they add a little bit of Halloween to my life through out the year. Being my favorite holiday I am always happy to get something spooky in the off seasons. If I do receive something I won't keep I have plenty of spooky lovers that I know and can pass the items onto so it is a win win for me. 

Disclaimer- Creepy Crate provided a box for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

19 comments:

Nancy P said...

Great crate. Sounds like a fascinating book. Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie said...

Creepy and scary are not my type of thing, but I think it's cool that this comes with a new book to read! I do enjoy reading books from all genres.

Jessica Radford said...

This is right up my alley, I love Horror movies! I will have to look into this for myself.

Nicole Baker said...

The book looks interesting based off of the cover, and I really like that pin and bag too. I will have to talk my husband into getting me a box for the holidays.

Laura said...

This looks like a lot of fun. I kinda like that there are a few varied things in it. Very cool.

proseccobefore7 said...

I am not a fan of horror movies but my husband is and I do enjoy reading about cold cases! We both love Halloween so this box looks exactly like the kind of thing we would both enjoy. I have never heard of it but here! take my money!

Melissa said...

I love horror movies and Chucky is so cute. Although I never liked that movie so much I really enjoy the doll. I would love to have some of these items.

HeavenlyMessenger said...

I'm not really into creepy stuff, but I find these spooky. - Dan "Jay" Reyes

Rebecca Rosen said...

Looks like spooky fun, I love everything Halloween. This looks like a good mix of products and I love that every box comes with a book.

Catherine said...

For horror movie fans this would be a hit! I can see how it would be a lot of fun.

Chad said...

I love to read scary books! This one is so exciting, i can't wait to grab it.

Jupiter Hadley said...

What a cool subscription box! I love all the little trinkets in the box.

monicazyoung said...

sounds like a box that I would love to unbox and read that book for Halloween, spooky and fun

Nkem said...

Pretty fun! I would have liked these things when I was more into Haloween. Thanks for sharing!

Joyce Osiango said...

I'm not a creepy book's kind of a person but I love the good guy beach ball looks nice

Jasmine Martin said...

This is so freaking cool! I've never heard of this box before, but I'm definitely going to have to check it out. I'm a fan of spooky things!

Ladystitch said...

I have seen this before but I've been so skeptical because sometimes these crates aren't always what you hope for. Definitely a good selection though!

Erica Webster-Russell said...

Now this is an interesting subscription service! I had never heard of it before, but I have a couple of friends who are really into spooky and Halloween themed things, so this would be a perfect gift for them! I'm glad you posted about this, as I will purchase it as a gift.

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

now that is a box service we actually need! I love everything spooky, it might have been a great fit to me