Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Engage your child's mind and imagination with a subscription to Womple Box!

 


Whether you are an adult or a child getting a subscription box is always a lot of fun. I enjoy finding new subscription boxes that my children will enjoy. My favorite type of box to find are boxes that are not only fun, but are educational as well, so I was pretty happy when I found Womple Studios. Their boxes are driven using a story & STEAM based theme aiming to engage your child's imagination/brain while having fun. At the moment they have their regular Womple subscription box for ages 6-11 which runs for $29.99 a month, however like most subscriptions if you subscribe for a longer period of time you'll get a better rate for your boxes. Coming soon they will be offering a "Dino Box" for ages 3-5, which is pretty exciting for anyone with small children! They also offer camp in a box which is three boxes in one, they currently have three different options to choose from, plus other fun goodies that can be purchased along side or separate from a subscription. 

What is included in their boxes? Every box will come with a illustrated early-reader chapter book featuring their cute mascot Womple, two different hands-on STEAM projects, a fold-out map and country guide, a pen-pal bundle and a souvenir. 

The pen-pal goodies made my son happy because during covid a classmate of his became pen-pals with him and they like sending letters to each other, this will be a fun way to add another level of topics to talk about.

Our box was themed "Mexico" and was a lot of fun for my son to complete. The projects included was painting and putting together a working clock and growing our own crystals. My son started making the clock as soon as he pulled everything out of the box, he enjoyed painting them and looking at how they have the time marked. It was easy to put together, put complex enough that it wasn't a project that was picked up and put down just a moment later. He had fun painting each of the times and decorating the legs.

The crystals say an adults help is suggested, however my son was able to (and wanted to) do it on his own and was excited to see the end results. I was surprised the crystals climbed all the way up the side of the bottom and to the top on their own (we had it sitting on top of a shelf in our kitchen until it was ready). The crystals turned out really well, we all love how there are larger crystals in the bottom of the jar and smaller crystals higher up near the lid of the jar, the blue color is also quite nice. 

This kit also came with a keychain that looked like a Jaguar, I currently do not have a photo of it. My son clipped it to his backpack, took it to school and now we can't find it. However you can see what it looks like over on my unboxing reel on Instagram. 

We thought this box was entertaining, educational and put together with care. The kids enjoyed the book, stickers and looking at the map. I like that it is a mixture of activities you can complete and physical items like that book that you can keep to look back on or add to an adventure collection. This is a fantastic way to learn about new spots around the world while getting hands-on with your child (or letting them get hands-on with the box themselves). If you are looking for a great birthday or holiday gift, heck really an any time surprise gift for your child. 

Disclaimer-  WompleStudios provided the products mentioned above for the review  free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchasing the product.

16 comments:

m boule said...

Would love to see there Dino kits when they come out.

tat2gurlzrock said...

This looks like a fun subscription box for kids.

Jessica Radford said...

I love this, I enjoy learning about new places with my kids we have a whole list of places we want to visit, this would be a good way to do that in a box.

Nicole Baker said...

I like how the crystal kit turned out, my daughter loves collecting rocks, quartz and anything related to it. She would be excited to get a kit like that in a subscription box. I can't wait to hear about their Dino boxes too for my youngest.

Rebecca Rosen said...

Sounds like a great box, my kids would love this. We have purchased a subscription box for the kids before but this is the first time I have heard of Womple.

Dana Vitolo said...

I really like kids' subscription boxes. They're so helpful because you get great ideas you never would have thought of on your own!

Monica Simpson said...

This would be perfect for my son! He's reading chapter books now and I love that there's a steam activity to go with it.

Gervin Khan said...

Such a nice gift box to give to my daughter's birthday and I am pretty sure she will love this.

Bri said...

What a great subscription box! Ideas for the wintertime!

Nisha said...

A great gift box idea for kids and this will really help their imagination to blossom.

Carmen said...

The clock looks like a lot of fun. I think subscription boxes gives kids a great surprise every month.

Danielle said...

Can't wait to see the other boxes they send!

Ashley T said...

This looks and sounds like a fun subscription box that my daughter would love.

Marysa said...

What a neat box! I love that there are subscription boxes for kids. Nothing more exciting than receiving a package in the mail of goodies!

Rupali Paul said...

Seems like an interesting box to gift kids. Thanks for the sharing

Ladystitch said...

I love fun and education. I'm always pushing my kids to play with the educational toys or games. Especially when it comes to things like this! This willake a great Christmas gift