Wednesday, August 25, 2021

August Ipsy Review!

Earlier in the month I went to my Ipsy account to fix something and ended up seeing a little sneak peek at my August Ipsy bag. Normally I don't like looking at the spoilers before it arrives so that it is a complete surprise aside from the one item they allow you to select. I was pretty excited seeing the spoiler for this month though because everything in the bag is something that looked/sounded like something I wanted to try out.

The bag this month is a faux leather with a snap closure, I like this style of bag instead of the normal zippered bag they send, it was a nice change to receive. I will still say though that I wish those who get Ipsy bags often could have an option to opt for an additional sample sized product or something else instead of a bag every month. Simply because you end up with a hoard of them that you usually don't end up using, I like Ipsy for the chance to try out new products or find new products I might not know about. 


My choice for this month was the TONYMOLY moisture boost cooling marine concentrate serum. I mainly wanted it because the tube is really cute with the little whale, but it also sounds like it might be a helpful serum. 


I have a lot of brushes, more than I probably should have, but I always enjoy getting more and this F.A.R.A.H concealer brush is soft and seems like it will be a good brush to add to my collection. I may need to get a second glass jar for my brushes though, my other one is getting a little stuffed. 


Similar to my brushes, I also have a few mascaras that I currently rotate through depending on how much thickness I want to add to my lashes. A percentage of the mascaras I received in these bags go towards my monthly giveaways instead of being used, but this one seems interesting and I've liked one or two PUR products in the past so I am going to give this one a try. 


Marc Anthony super fast strength leave-in conditioner. This is meant to help with split ends and frizz which is nice to apply to your hair prior to brushing it (or after to get the frizz to go away) to help you get a more polished look. My daughter and I use products like this often so between the two of us this will be completely used up. 


111SKIN nocturnal recovery cream. I have noticed recently that I've slowly started getting those "crow feet"/"smile line" spots next to my eyes when I smile really big so I've started making sure to focus on skincare in the area and over all have been trying to get better with my skincare routine. I like the description of this they provided on the included pamphlet so I look forward to using it. 

This is the first time in a while where I am keeping everything in the bag, minus the bag itself so I am pretty happy this month! As I always say though, even if I don't like something in the bag because it is something I won't use it gets put into my gift/giveaway stash so someone still gets to use it and it doesn't go to waste. They recently sent a message saying the subscription is going up to $13 a month, which all in all isn't too bad, it will make it to where the samples and bag come out to about $2.16 each. That price is a steal compared to how much places like Sephora and Ulta charge for similar sized travel products in store. 

Do you subscribe to any beauty or skincare subscription boxes? Which one is your favorite?

3 comments:

Jessica Radford said...

This is a bag I would be excited about too, I get them once or twice a year if my budget allows.

Nicole Baker said...

I have never purchased a Ipsy bag but these reviews and unboxing videos make me want to try it, I think I will sign up to get one for next month. Thanks for the review.

Rebecca Rosen said...

I am the same way with makeup brushes, I think I have too many.