Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Chi Candle Review!

 


Candles are a great way to help fill your room and house with scents that keep you calm, make you smile and can even remind you of different people or places. Chi Candle sells a wide range of book, floral and state inspired candles. Did you grow up in Washington, but had to move to Texas and miss home you can order a candle inspired by your home state. 

I was recently sent three of their candles to sniff and use for a product review.  You can buy a 8oz, 8.5oz or 11oz candle from their site starting at $15 each. The three candles I received were a surprise, all of them were preselected. Let's get into what I found in my box:

Golden Coastline - This candle is inspired by California. It has notes of Redwood, grapefruit, fresh oranges, jasmine, musk and sea salt air. I really like this candle, the orange notes and jasmine combined really well together, it has a bit of a sweet scent and it does remind me of a shop in Northern AZ that sells an assortment of spiritual things like stones, incense, etc. I think this candle would be great to lit shortly before guests arrive to your home, it will help give it a fresh and welcoming aroma that is sure to have them asking where you purchased the candle from.

Midnight Sun - This is their Alaska inspired candle. I've never been to Alaska, but I have always wanted to go so I was excited to see what this smells like. It is inspired by Mountain spruce, winter frost, snowdrops and fresh air. To me it smells like camping in the winter months, it reminds me of how pine trees smell after it has rained. It is calming and has a fresh aroma to it, I think this would be a nice one to light while relaxing in the bathtub with some music on. 

New Book Pages - As you can guess this candle is inspired by the way a new book smells when you open it up and take that first breath of it's unread pages. This has notes of ambered glue, fresh ink and paper (cedar wood,/driftwood). The scent on this one is a bit interesting, if you smell the candle directly in the jar it reminds me of a mixture of a new book and pool water. It isn't a bad smell but at first can be a little strong, however after you lit the wick and let the wax slowly melt it disperses it nicely so you get the intended smell. I want to check out their Old book candle, I like how new books smell but nothing beats an old book from a used bookstore. 


All of their candles are made from 100% American grown soybeans and the candles are handmade in California. The scents added are natural and phthalate fee, and the soy is dye free. Each 8oz candle has a burn time of 60-65 hours and it is recommended that you trim the wick before each use. I also really like the jars they came in, each one has a lid and you can re-use them for a number of things. The wicks lit quickly so if you are using a short lighter or matches you don't have to worry about holding it for so long that you burn your finger.

If you were to purchase a candle inspired by any State, which state would you want to purchase?


Disclaimer-  Chi Candle provided the products mentioned above for the review  free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase. 

13 comments:

Jessica Radford said...

The Alaska candle sounds like it would fit perfectly with the scents I like. I would also want to try the Arizona and Colorado candles.

Samantha Laycock said...

The Golden Coastline sounds like it would be my favourite.

Bri said...

I want to smell the new book pages candle! that is the BEST scent!

Melissa Greene said...

I like how books smell too, it is a tie between new or old books for me.

Monica Simpson said...

I would definitely choose a candle from Colorado. All the outdoor scents would be amazing.

Jess said...

Yes! I loveee candles! I really want to try the new book pages.

Gervin Khan said...

My mom and I love scented candles a lot. It helps me calm and relax during my tiring days. Such a perfect gift to give to my mom. Thanks!

Katie said...

I would love a Florida scented candle. I think it would smell amazing.

Anasha Khan said...

I haven't try these candles before, but reading your review inspired me to. They all look and I bet smell amazing!

Nicole Duell said...

I would want a woodys scented candle like the Alaska one.

Danielle said...

I need to check out and order one of these candles soon.

Marysa said...

These all sound like neat candles and unique scents. It is nice to have some nice scents like this around the home.

Patsy said...

What unique scents!Super review:)