Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Snack healthier with Wicked Crisps



Many people are snackers who enjoy nibbling and snacking on snacks through-out the day, my family is no different, we enjoy a good snack and like to keep munchies in the house. Snacking isn't always the healthiest thing to do so we like keeping lots of healthier options around like apples, bananas, apple sauce, carrots, etc. but sometimes you get a craving for something crunchier like chips. Wicked Crisps is a healthier option to traditional potato chips, as described on their website "Wicked Crisps are the surprisingly healthy, baked chip with an irresistible, delectable taste. Chocked full of nutrition from veggies, herbs, and spices, in a variety of unique flavors, Wicked Crisps is a guilt-free treat for your taste buds"

I was recently sent four different flavors to try out with my family, we received Red Curry Hummus, Cheesy Cheese Pizza, Spring Vegetable Medley, and Sweet Potato Souffle. They also offer Roasted Garlic with Asiago Cheese, Spinach Parmesan, and Sea Salt with Hummus. Prior to last month, I had never heard of Wicked Crisps but I was immediately drawn to their packaging and flavors because they fit in with what I normally look for flavor wise. My kids are six and ten, both can be a bit picky with food so how well did these stand up to my two little critics? Let's find out! 

Before getting into what we thought of each flavor I want to note that the serving size on each is a pretty decent size, the crisps themselves are about 2 1/2-3" long and puffy so they are quite filling. These crisps are made in a facility that processes products with soy so beware if you have a soy allergy, I also wanted to point out some of these products have milk/honey solids so check the ingredients list if you are vegan. You can find Wicked Crisps online via Amazon or in-store at various Food Lion locations, in the near future they will be available at TJ Maxx and Marshalls as well.


We think the Sweet Potato Souffle (shown above) is more of a dessert crisp for when your sweet tooth is calling but you don't want candy or sweets. You can see in the photo above that each one is dusted with sugar and brown sugar. These give you the perfect balance of sweet and crunch with each bite! With the combination of the sugar and vanilla baked into this we all thought they tasted a little like those marshmallows they put in cereal, we just couldn't quite place our finger on the exact cereal brand it reminded us of. You don't need a ton of these to feel satisfied, five or six does the trick so this bag will last a while. Each bag contains four servings (about 21 crisps), which contains 120 calories and 23g of carbs. 

Cheesy Cheese Pizza was the clear favorite of the four, in fact it was enjoyed so much I don't have a photo of the pizza crisps on their own since there were no crisps left to take a photo of. The crisp had a wonderful aroma and are packed full of flavor, they start out with a tomato crisp and load it up with cheesy goodness. They tasted great on by themselves or if you are a dipper they go well with various dips as well. Each bag contains four servings (about 21 crisps), which contains 120 calories and 22g of carbs. 

Spring Vegetable Medley (shown in the image, above left) is a mixture that contains five different unique vegetable flavors which are tomato, spinach, broccoli, sweet potato, and field pea. I didn't think these were too bad however, my kids said they found them a bit bland and wished they had a little more seasoning to them. If you are feeling the same, they go well with a veggie dip to add a bit more flavor. Each bag contains four servings (about 21 crisps), which contains 120 calories and 22g of carbs.

Curry isn't typically a flavor I would purchase myself, simply because I've never tried it and I think of "spicy" when I hear it so going into this I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the Red Curry Hummus flavor. I am actually a pretty big fan of this flavor, it has so many bold and delectable flavors trying just one made me want to make a small bowl of them all for myself. The red curry wasn't spicy like I thought it was going to be, I can't quite describe or compare it to anything as it was an all new flavor to me. For anyone who loves curry or wants to try out something with curry that isn't also loaded with hot spicy flavors, I highly suggest giving these a try. My son didn't think they were too bad, but my daughter and husband didn't like them so I pretty much get the bag to myself. Each bag contains four servings (about 21 crisps), which contains 110 calories and 19g of carbs.

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Wicked Crisps for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

26 comments:

Scott DeNicola said...

Cheesy Cheese Pizza and Spring Vegetable Medley sound great. The calorie content doesn't seem too bad but I'd be interested to see the sugar content.

Lauren | My Favorite Job Title Is Mom said...

Those look really good! I love chips and can't keep them in the house because I will eat the entire bag. These would be a perfect alternative.

Travelwisesr said...

Chips is a snack that if I have it in front of me I can't stop munching on.These days though I opt for the healthier non fried ones to keep a check on the calories.These chips look so yummy 😊

Mayuri Patel said...

I'm really amazed at the variety of healthy snacks I've seen on the shelves of supermarkets in Canada and UK. I wish we had more of those on our shelves in Kenya. I would love to try the cheese one.

Despite Pain said...

I like the sound of the cheesy pizza flavour. The sweet potato souffle might confuse my tastebuds. My brain would expect crisps to be savoury, so I'm not sure if I'd like the sweetness of these. I would like to try them though. I'll need to look out for them.

Luna Moon said...

I will add that info to the article once I get home from work. The sugar is actually pretty low the one with the most is the Sweet Potato Souffle which is "Total sugars 3g".

Tracy @ Cleland Clan said...

These sound delicious--I'm a sucker for crunchy snacks. The sweet potato ones would be my pick. Do you know if they are gluten-free?

debora sousa said...

i´m always looking for healthier snacks, this is new to me, thank you, i´ll try it one day soon !

Trish said...

Think I'll have to look out for these in the supermarket. They look like the perfect snack.

clio said...

Oh I'd never seen the brand before! I'm not sure they have it here in France. Anyways, I'd be curious to try the sweet potato - sounds interesting to have a dessert that looks like an appetizer! and if it's healthier than the regular snacks, that's even better!

Kari said...

I'm going to have to give these a try. I think I would enjoy the curry ones!

Ash said...

The packaging alone totally drew me in and they look like they would taste pretty good.The Cheesy Cheese Pizza and Sweet Potato Souffle are some that I would try from Wicked Crisps.

Nina Nichols said...

My husband would love the spring vegetable medley. They all look yummy!

Live Learn Better said...

The spring veggie medley look so interesting and inviting. I'll order one just for a try.

honeybunnytwee said...

Ooh I saw this post on Instagram and I’m so glad to have read this full review! I will definitely consider getting these for my snacks, I adore the packaging and name

Swagata said...

I love snacks and chips and am going to try these out. I like my chips a bit spicy. I am assuming the sweet potato chips might not really be my favourite!

Erica Webster-Russell said...

I always snack on almonds. 16 almonds is 100 calories. I have TMJ issues, so chomping on the almonds wears my jaw out and curbs my need to snack. Can’t eat if chewing causes jaw pain. Lol. These do look great though. My husband eats a lot of chips, so I’ll be suggesting these for him when we go to the store today.

Debra Roberts said...

I wouldn't mind trying these...are any or all of the flavors gluten-free?

Unknown said...

Those look really good and the sweet potato looks mouth watering.

Luna Moon said...

Hi! Yes all of their products are Gluten-free.

Luna Moon said...

Hi! All of their flavors are gluten-free.

Tjm0930 said...

These sound absolutely delicious!

Judy said...

Going to have to keep my eyes open for these at Marshalls

Stephanie LaPlante said...

These sound very delicious. I would love to try the sweet potato flavor.

Edye Nicole said...

These look so yummy! Thanks for sharing.

mia2009(at)comcast(dot)net

Jack Olsen said...

They all sound pretty good, I don't think I would pick just one to try.