Friday, September 29, 2017

Faire Lady Review!

**This was not a paid post. My honest opinions were used, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by Faire Lady for the review free of charge.**


I've been to several Renaissance festivals and I've always wanted to attend in costume and now I can thanks to a small handmade company called Faire Lady who designs and sells a number of renaissance inspired clothing. You can purchase her products on Ebay or Amazon all at great prices! For my review I received a Pirate witch wench sca peasant dress in black with a skirt bodice Irish overdress in red.



The Pirate witch wench dress is quite comfortable it is made from a Cotton Polyester Blend which is important to me that it doesn't retain too much heat because the Renaissance festival here in Arizona can get pretty hot. You can wear the dress with the top undone or you can tie it into a bow, and the strings will make you jingle when you walk due to having three jingle bells on the end of each string which is a feature that I love. This dress can be worn alone, with an over dress or with a number of other over the dress choices like a corset. The bottom half of the dress is pretty puffy as is the bottom half of the overdress so it is flowy while your walking. The shoulder section can be worn like a regular dress or you can wear it as an off the shoulder depending on if you want the over dress or if you want to wear a bra or not.



The skirt bodice Irish overdress has metal boning at the laces, it ties at the shoulders for easy adjustments, and the entire bodice is lined with a black material and the whole overdress is also made from a Cotton Polyester Blend. The lining next to the laces is very pretty it has a lot of detailed designs on it featuring gold, white, green and red. The skirt portion is large and puffy so it will completely cover the under dress and will move with it as you walk. Looking over both pieces all the stitching looks great it is all secure and I only found one small thread that was trimmed to be a little too long otherwise they did a fantastic job piecing this together. I am pretty happy with this set and look forward to showing it off, my fiance wasn't a one hundred perfect fan of it as he said it hides the figure of the person wearing it and isn't too flattering but he did think it looked nice. Shipping wise it arrived way sooner than I expected it too and the way everything was packaged made it to where a bunch of packing materials were not wasted.

6 comments:

Terra Heck said...

That dress looks great on you and it'd be perfect to wear to Renaissance festivals.

Didi said...

Thats a lovely dress...

Workout leggings

Unknown said...

I love dresses like this!

slehan said...

Very cute and I'm glad it's comfortable too.
slehan at juno dot com

Dustykatt said...

This looks great. How wonderful that it is adjustable.

Unknown said...

The dress looks great