Saturday, September 16, 2017

Brentwood Home Mattress Review!

**This was not a paid post. My honest opinions were used, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by Brentwood Home for the review free of charge.**


The bed my fiance and I had was aging and quite beaten up, we bought the mattress about six or seven years ago and it has seen it's fair share of moves and more. The corners were completely torn up due to our beloved cat using it as a scratching post (He passed last December), it's had juice spilled on it from when our oldest was young and tried climbing into bed with us, it's been vomited on by both kids, and was starting to sink in the middle so as you can imagine it was an absolute mess. Due to the middle sinking and it just getting old it really killed my back and neck at night while I slept, I already have issues with my back and the bed just made it worse. When I had originally messaged Bentwood Home about doing a review for them I was expecting to review some of their great pillows I've seen and was absolutely shocked when they offered me one of their new Cedar mattress which is all-natural and made of completely organic materials. Having read how the state of the mattress I had at the time was, would you refuse the offer? Of course I said yes!

                       

This mattress is made to order and is made in California, so once you place an order you will receive an email letting you know they are working on your mattress and it will ship in 5-10 days. You can imagine how exciting it was waiting for that "It shipped" email,  and what it was like once it shipped. I squealed like a little girl the day it arrived and I came home to find a giant box sitting on my front porch, I knew the box was going to be heavy but I didn't want to wait for my fiance to get home to help me bring it in and set up so I dragged it in and out of the box myself having the kids hold the box while I took out the mattress. I am so thankful the mattress has handles on each side because it made it a lot easier to get out of the box and to get in place once it was unrolled.

                       

As you can see from the image above the mattress arrives rolled up like a giant sushi roll. It is a queen sized mattress squished into a huggable package, I couldn't believe they were able to fit the mattress into the box that they did. To unwrap it I stood it straight up and just went around it getting the wrap off layer by later, once I reached the bottom I had the kids step out of the room because I had a feeling it would puff up quickly. Once the last layer came off the mattress sprung flat and puffed up quickly, some mattress companies tell you that you'll have to wait "X" amount of time before using the mattress to let if puff up but this mattress was ready to go as soon as it was unwrapped. How was it smell wise? I've read reviews on other mattresses that are shipped like this that they have a horrible chemical smell that tends to go away after a day or two, I am happy to report this mattress did not have that. In fact it actually smelled a bit woodsy/like cedar and it was a pleasant smell.

                        
I've gone over how it was packaged, how unpacking went and shared how it smelled but that isn't the real question you are asking is it? We all know the best part of a mattress is how comfortable it is and how well you are able to sleep on it. This is a two layer mattress, the top layer is a soft and fluffy plus it helps keep you cool because they selected materials that allow for a cooler sleep. How are they able to do that? Here is a little info from their website "Ventilated Dunlop latex allows for increased air circulation, while Summerweight New Zealand wool wicks away moisture and regulates temperature through all seasons" and the bottom section of the mattress has the more supportive materials "computer designed and cut layer of natural latex has a sculpted edge for more pressure relief and less motion transfer than traditional latex or memory foam. With grooves placed in 3 targeted zones, you’ll find optimal comfort for your shoulders, back, and legs through the night."

                       

As soon as you lay down on this mattress your body will start to feel the mattress wrapping it's comfortable arms around you helping you drift off to sleep. The first time I laid down on this bed, I laid down completely straight on my back and I could feel my spin adjusting and getting into a comfortable position, before on my old mattress it constantly felt like there was a tennis ball between my spin and the bed there was always an un-popable pop it felt like but this bed helped everything relax and shift into place. It was so comfortable I wanted to fall asleep right there and then but I knew I couldn't because I hadn't even put the sheets on yet! We have been sleeping on this for almost two weeks now and it has improved sleep for my fiance and I greatly. I don't wake up with pain in my back in the mornings and my fiance doesn't wake up during the night nearly as much as he used to. It is comfortable for all kinds of sleeping positions, I often sleep on my stomach or my side and I am comfortable no matter how I am laying. I do want to note though stay away from laying on the edge of the bed, as you can see in the image above the top section is indeed a pillow top section if you lay on the edge it will flatten a little causing you to fall out but I think that was mostly my fault for laying the way I did on the edge hahaha. This is a mattress that you will look forward to crawling into at night when it is time for bed, whether you lay, crawl, fall or plop into bed it is sure to give you a great nights rest, you will wake up feeling recharged and relaxed in the morning.

This mattress is amazing and if you are mattress shopping or have been debating whether to get a new mattress or not I highly suggest checking this mattress out. They offer it from a twin up to a California king so you are sure to find the mattress size perfect for you, the price ranges from $1295-$2195 depending on the size you select and it comes with a 25 year warranty.


13 comments:

Unknown said...

That is amazing. I would love one of those. What a great opportunity you were given to try it. I really need a new mattress. Mine is seriously old and I have a lot of back problems.

Unknown said...

This sounds like a bed I could use.

Gwendolyn Jordan said...

Liked the post

Karley Moore said...

I would like to try this.

Unknown said...

It is awesome that it is all natural

laurie nykaza said...

This sounds so nice to sleep on and with out the bad smell so many of new mattresses have . 25 year warranty is great to its a lot to spend but with a long warranty it seems worth it.

Stephanie LaPlante said...

I'd love this. Sounds wonderful for back pain.

Giovanna said...

Awesome! It seems really comfortable :)

susan said...

Looks like a great mattress, darn, I just bought one in July.

Edye Nicole said...

This looks so comfy!

Melissa Storms said...

Oh wow this looks like a wonderful home. I have a Brentwood yoga pillow and a Brentwood Pacifica pillow. Both are awesome but I loooove the Pacifica pillow.

Cindi said...

That looks like a really nice mattress. We finally got a new one a few months back and never slept better!

sharery dair said...

You can without much of a stretch utilize and store the inflatable pneumatic beds and the place won't look unclean. 5 Best Recommendable Mattresses For Heavy People In 2018