Saturday, November 28, 2015

Lucas Oil Boat Racing!

***This is not a paid post, I will be receiving complimented tickets in exchange for this post. All opinions about this show are my own and may vary from others.****

You may have seen a post I made about a month ago about the Lucas Oil boat races headed to AZ, I wanted to share some of my photos from the event with you. The boat races were held at the Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park which was easy to find, near plenty of places to stop for a drink or food and offered lots of parking. There was also another car race going on in the lot across from the boat racing so we had the chance to see some powerful racing cars.





Everything was pretty open at the event, all passes included access to the "pit" area which is where all the racers had their trailers set up, you could see them working on their boats, ask them questions or just walk around to see what was going on. Ford was also there doing test drives of their back -up camera system and there was a few nice model cars as well. All of the boats were fast, some of them reaching 150+ MPH and boy were they loud!



There was a lot of down time in between each batch of races which can take some time so during that time you can sit and chat or you can walk around, all of the kids seemed to be in a good mood despite a long wait time or two one of which included a rescue of a boat that sank. There were also Jet ski races along with the actual boat races which were fun to watch as well. If you are in the area around the Wild Horse Pass area or if the Lucas Oil Drag Boat Races heads towards you I suggest going and checking it out with your family it is a unique experience.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks like a lot of fun, my son would have loved to see this! Thanks for sharing I will check this out next time it comes through Arizona.

Unknown said...

I've seen this live on TV these boats look like they are pretty fast and they look like they crash easily.

Unknown said...

I feel bad for the person who sunk that must have cost a lot to repair

Gabrielle said...

My son would have LOVED to see this, we have a monster truck show that comes around once a year but he hasnt been old enough just yet. But now, this was something he woulda loved. Looked like a ton of fun!

Maryann D. said...

My niece and her husband would certainly go to this event. They enjoy anything to do with boats. I would rather see an outdoor concert.
twinkle at optonline dot net