Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Escape Mail Episode 2 Review!

Back in December we received & reviewed the first episode of Escape Mail. If you didn't have the chance to catch that review, Escape Mail is an escape room in an envelope. There are twelve different episodes to complete, you are able to sign up to get one a month or they have an option where you can get several or even all of them in one go instead of waiting for the next episode to arrive. This month we received the second episode & I will be sharing a short review on it. The subscription is $14.75 per episode or you can bundle and buy them at once for $12.50 each. 


In the first episode it had a map included & had mentioned that there was a missing piece. I wasn't sure if that meant to hold onto the game pieces or not, but I did hold onto them. However, we didn't need them for the second episode. Aside from a pair of scissors, a phone with
Wi-Fi & a pen/paper everything you need can be found in the envelope. The amount of time this takes will depend on how well your detective skills are. If you end up getting stuck, they do have some small hints that can get you back on track & if you want music playing while you are figuring everything out, they have a QR code for a customized play list that fits with the episode. We do not really pay attention to anything other than figuring out the clues, so we do not have anything playing during our sessions. 



Each episode is engaging & really pushes you to think about each piece included in the envelope and how they might connect. The piece you need to start will have a small riddle included on it that will give you the clue to where to start next. During this episode there was only one puzzle we got a little stuck on, so we peeked at the clue & realized
 we had done the puzzle correctly we were just looking at the answer in the wrong way. Otherwise, we just needed to take a moment to think about how the clues intertwine with each other & how they could be used to solve a puzzle. 


As this is something that is meant to be completed by yourself or with a group of friends/family, I won't go into detail about any specific puzzle, so I won't accidently giveaway the answer or how to complete it. I will say that some of these puzzles make you think outside of the box & they are a lot of fun to complete. My family and I have really enjoyed both episodes so far & think this would make a fun monthly game night if you do the twelve-month subscription. Age wise it is recommended for ages 10+ and I think that is pretty accurate, due to the complexity level of some of the clues. Younger children might find it too difficult or too boring as they can't really participate in helping solve the puzzles. My son is right at the age limit of ten, he enjoys helping out with the puzzles and thinking of ways they need to be solved. We are looking forward to seeing what the other episodes have in store! I think they did a fantastic job at putting these envelopes together & hope they come out with some other story lines in the future as well. 

Does this sound like a Mystery Escape you'd enjoy subscribing to? What stands out to you the most about this subscription?

Disclaimer- Escape Mail provided Episode one for this review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

18 comments:

Beth said...

This really is such a cool idea! An escape room subscription box is the coolest!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! I am sure my partner would love it. Definitely need to look into it closer. Lyosha

Ben said...

This is such a cool idea. I love escape rooms and a subscription box that turns my house into one is pretty darn awesome.

Yeah Lifestyle said...

I have realised how much fun we have as a family when we all sit down and play a game together. These Escape games do sound like something we would all enjoy of an evening. Especially my daughter.

Samantha Donnelly said...

What a great idea, I love that you can have fun with escape rooms in the comfort of your own home. I will have to look into this

Lavanda Michelle said...

It sounds like a perfect addition to our monthly game night, and I'm excited to give it a go.

Marie Cris Angeles said...

This is a great idea. Thank you for sharing, I will try this too.

Kimberly C said...

I love escape rooms, so this would be right up my alley. Love that you have to investigate and can do it right from home.

mail4rosey said...

This is something my granddaughter would enjoy. I'm sharing it with her dad.

Sue-Tanya said...

I remember your review of the first episode of Escape Mail, and it left me intrigued! Getting an escape room experience in an envelope sounds like such a unique and enjoyable concept. It's great to hear that there are multiple episodes available, and the option to bundle them for a discount is a fantastic deal. Looking forward to your short review on the second episode. This seems like an exciting and interactive subscription. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Lisa said...

This is such a great family activity. It looks like a good subscription to take out as everyone can get involved!

Tammy said...

This actually sounds like such a fun game! What a great way to get the family together for something interactive. I'm so intrigued..I'd love to give this a go!

Jupiter Hadley said...

I love these sort of mystery-at-home-escape-room types! I find that I cannot solve them on my own, and always invite friends over to do them.

rhian westbury said...

Such a cool idea to have this as a subscription and have a new little game come every month. I've done a few at home escape rooms and they've always been pretty fun x

Melanie Edjourian said...

I think I must have missed the previous post about this. What a great idea. Escape rooms can be really good fun. This sounds great and ideal to do when I have my friends over next as they'd love it! It sounds like it includes everything we could need for a fun evening.

melissa cushing said...

This looks and sounds pretty fun and at a great price too. I am loving the idea of it and I love that it's thought provoking and get the family working together. Awesome and checking it out for me and my family next!

Jenny said...

This is such a fun idea. I don't think I could wait a month to receive each envelope though!

Melissa Greene said...

Thanks for sharing, this sounds like something my teenagers would enjoy doing.