Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Dice Manor - A game for dice lovers!

If you love dice rolling games than Dice Manor from Arcane Wonders is a board game, you need in your collection. This game is for two to four players, which can be played over the course of thirty to forty-five minutes and is recommended for ages 14+. After you've read through the rules, the game is very simple to play. It is family friendly & is great for adults as well, it can be purchased for $44.99.

During game play you will compete to bid on rooms which will then be used to build the best manor possible. The game mostly relies on the luck of the roll, each time you roll the dice you will select one of the numbers you rolled & use it as a bid. For example if you roll five die and three of them show "four", one shows "one" and another shows "six", and there is no current bid on the room attached to the four slot you will want to take your three dice that show "four" and place them in the bid slot. 

Everyone will take turns rolling & placing dice until there are no dice left to be rolled. At that point the current round is over & you can see who won each room. The person who bids the most dice wins that room, if there is a tie the person who reached that number of dice first wins. Everyone will then add their newly won rooms to their manors and the next round will begin. 

There are four turns in total before the final round that has no bidding. During the first four rounds, the aim is to not only collect rooms, but you will try to earn extra dice and end game points as well. The final round will only consist of what they call a "manor tour", instead of placing your dice out as bids, you will place them in your manor. The game can get pretty competitive, but it is a blast to play! I can't really pick just one aspect of the game that we enjoy the most, because all of the components are fantastic. Rolling the dice is a thrill as you never know what you'll end up with, trying to race to the good rooms first is exhilarating and deciding how to place your rooms together is lovely as well. This is a great option for when you want a short board game session. 

Does this seem like a game you would enjoy playing? Based off of the looks, what is your favorite part of the game?

🎲 If you love board games or are wanting to get into board games but aren't sure where to start, check out some of my other board game reviews! You might find a few you want for your collection.

Disclaimer- The product mentioned above was provided by Arcane Wonders for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

22 comments:

AJ said...

Sounds like fun! Thanks for sharing!

Levi Ackerman said...

That looks like a fun game :D

Beth said...

This looks like a ton of fun! I have to get this for the family. I love the way the board gets put together.

Anonymous said...

I’m always up for a fun new game. Thank you for highlighting this great option.

Debbie

Stephanie said...

This sounds like a fun game! I think I would enjoy it but my youngest son gets frustrated with dice roll games because he doesn't like leaving it up to luck. But my older son loves games like this!

richard Lowe said...

This looks like a great game for friends and family. I think I'll pick it up and give it a try.

Nikki Wanye said...

Wow! What a really great and fun game to try! My family are going to enjoy this for sure!

Melanie Edjourian said...

Oh wow, that certainly is a great game for dice lovers. It sounds like it would be really good fun to play on a family games night with my daughters. I'm sure they would enjoy playing it with friends when they come over too. I love that it is so colourful.

Knycx Journeying said...

Wow the dices sound insane but I love how insane it is! Enjoy playing board games with friends and family and I think I will enjoy this one, thank s a for sharing this. - Knycx Journeying

Nyxie said...

This looks like fun and a good game for my wee group! We're all about our boardgames!

heather klein said...

Ooh! we love games in our family. Will def try this one out. It looks easy to learn and fun to play.

Marie Cris Angeles said...

Wow! Me and my cousins love to play dice games. I will share this with them and play it together!

Tammy said...

Tabletops are so cool and remind me of my childhood before consoles and pcs took over haha...it's great to sit around and play a board game. Looks like a fun one!

Olga said...

My oldest son is obsessed with dice games. This play looks very cool, and we will buy it. Thank you for idea.

Sue-Tanya said...

With quick gameplay and family-friendly fun, it's a great addition to any collection. Thanks for the recommendation and details about the game!

Ntensibe Edgar said...

Hhhhmmm...I think I would love playing this game. It reminds me of ludo and a bit of snakes and ladders, which I love a lot.

Kimberley said...

What a fun and creative game idea! "Dice Manor" sounds like the perfect blend of strategy and chance for all dice enthusiasts. Thanks for sharing this exciting game concept that's sure to bring joy to game nights. Roll on the good times!

Angela Campos said...

This is such a fun game! I have been looking for gift ideas for my kids, and this ill be just perfect!!

Jupiter Hadley said...

I do love dice rolling games but have not heard of Dice Manor! I love the design of it- thank you for sharing.

Monidipa said...

I love dice games and this looks so cool. I will love it I am sure.

Fransic Verso said...

This is very cool, I have tried this game online but never tried it like this. Thank you for sharing!

melissa cushing said...

These games look so cool and I am heading over to chekc them out as I may have to add to my family Game night colleciton..... Thanks for sharing!