Thursday, January 12, 2023

The Young Scientist Club - Top Secret Spy Science Review

 

Craft kits & hands on activities have always been a big hit in our house which is why we love the Horizon Group USA brand & all of the lines they offer. They have a wide variety of kits for boys & girls of all ages to enjoy, some adults may even enjoy the kits as well to learn a new craft. We recently received a top secret spy science kit from their Young Scientist Club line to check out for a review & It was packed full of fun spy themed activities to complete. 


This kit includes ten different secret missions to complete in order to figure out the answer to the mystery you are presented with at the start of the kit. Missions include code breaking, analyzing fingerprints, making a print of a key onto clay, using vinegar to test chemical levels & more. All of which are easy for kids to complete on their own depending on their age. This kit is so much cooler than some of the spy kits I remember wanting as a kid. This kit can be purchased on amazon for $24.99, you can also find their products at stores such as Walmart, Target & Michaels. 


My son had a lot of fun completing this kit, there were only one or two times when he asked questions just to verify his findings such as when he did the PH test with the vinegar as one or two of the results looked very similar to two of the numbers not just one. They included plenty of extra strips for testing just in case you needed them & even if you don't need them for this craft it would be fun to test out other fluids in the kitchen such as orange juice to see what their levels are as well. 

At the end of your spy adventure you get to break open a treasure chest to find some gem stones you are able to keep & collect. This along with all of their other kits make fabulous gifts or anytime kits to spend some one on one time with your kids. If you want to find reviews on some of their other kits feel free to type in "Horizon Group USA" into the search bar of my blog and it will bring up all of the reviews.

Disclaimer- Horizon Group USA provided the product above for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

16 comments:

Chad said...

I love educational toys, they're the best and pretty much the only type of toys I get my kids! I will check this one, it seems awesome...

Anonymous said...

This looks like a lot of fun! Plus it’s even better when it’s educational! Thanks for sharing!

-Whitney Stewart

Barbie's Beauty Bits said...

Educational toys have many benefits. They come up with so many great things anymore!

alita said...

This is such a great way to promote crafts and hands-on activities to the kids.

Beth said...

This is what we need in the house. Educational toys are always welcome in our family.

Tweenselmom said...

This is such an educational gift, perfect for kids to help them explore the beauty of science

Kat said...

This science toy is awesome! My nephew would love to have this for sure.

Ckrusch said...

Such great toys! Love when you play while learning!

Tammy said...

That is such a cool gift set! I love the idea of unlocking the puzzles to get to the treasure. I would have loved this as a kid.

Gervin Khan said...

This is such an awesome and cool play set! My kind of things for my kid to have for them to learn while having fun. I 100% recommend this stuff! Loved it!

mail4rosey said...

Oh boy, one of my bestie bests is a Science teacher. I know she'd LOVE this kit for her tween.

Kristy Bullard said...

My son would absolutely love this. He is always wanting to perform science experiments that he has seen in a book or on YouTube.

Sonia Seivwright said...

My brother loved mystery games when he was a kid. This product would be an excellent gift.

Fransic Verso said...

This looks fun for kids and I think my little brother would love having this. As he loves to do science stuff.

Kushigalu said...

A perfect educational gift for kids. Thanks for sharing

Sasha Hirte said...

This looks like it would be perfect for my godson.