Monday, January 9, 2023

Flamecraft - Use adorable dragons to build your way to victory!

 

If you are a fan of board games & adorable dragons then you need to pick up a copy of Flamecraft sold by Lucky Duck Games it is fun for the whole family & can be purchased for $39.99. This is one of the newest games added to their game catalogue with a few other game titles coming out this year. This is a fun game for adults & children alike, you can play with 1-5 players ages 10+ and games last about an hour on average. We found this game very easy to understand when learning the rules & we all picked it up quickly. 

Every player will earn items & points by collecting dragons, placing dragons in shops to work that match their skills, and casting enchantments. To be honest when I was reading the rules it reminded me a bit of the Lilo & Stitch series they had on the Disney channel as they caught experiments then looked for a home that suited them. Players will have six different character colors to choose from when selecting a player dragon token, I personally always select the light blue/aqua dragon. The base set has small wooden dragon figures that all look the same, but if you want to give your game pieces an upgrade Lucky Duck also sells a set of small plastic dragon mini-figures for $19.99 that you can use in place of the wooden dragons. 

It is hard to decide on which part of this game is my favorite thing about it because there is a lot to love packed into this box. For example instead of a traditional folding cardboard playing board it has a thick, durable & soft fabric playing board that is roll up for easy storage. It feels very similar to how a mousepad is & is heavy enough you won't need to worry about it moving around on you. The size of the playing board and how it is set up also allows for players to have plenty of room in front of them for organizing their cards/items. Once either all of the basic dragon cards or enchantment cards have been claimed the game ends & each player will be given one final turn to gain as many points as possible before the final tally to see who wins. Depending on the number of unique moon dragons in your hand you can really pull out all the stops and fly past the rest of the group with end game point scores. You will have a lot of fun looking at all the adorable dragons, adding dragons to shops, swapping them around & more when playing this game. 

This is a very family friendly game that is sure to make a great addition to your board game collection. Lucky Duck Games as a whole sells some pretty amazing games that will become instant favorites once played, they have quickly raced up the ladder to be one of our two favorite board game companies, I highly suggest checking out their catalogue of games. You can also find several other reviews on other board games in their collection by hitting the "board game reviews" link on the right hand side of my blog. Keep an eye out as I will be sharing another game from them soon! 

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Lucky Duck Games for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

34 comments:

Maureen said...

Sounds like a great game to have on hand especially now that the weather has been so rainy and dreary! I love that the game board on this one is more of cloth rather than traditional cardboard because it makes it unique!

Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

mimibouna said...

This looks like so much fun !!

Stephanie said...

We are definitely a board game family (we have over 100 games) and like other Lucky Duck Games. This is new to my family, though, so we will have to try it! My youngest's birthday is coming up so this is perfect.

Tweenselmom said...

Such a cute family friendly game! This would be a perfect gift for my godchildren :)

Abhi said...

This blog in very informative for us

Gervin Khan said...

Wow! This board game looks so entertaining and fun-filled! It a great for family bonding in the comfort of our house! Loved it!

alita said...

A fan of board games here. I will definitely give this a try for the whole family. It looks fun and the price is reasonable.

Anonymous said...

Board games have been great educational tools for kids. This one is quite cool.
-
Shilpa Bindlish

Melanie williams said...

Ooo we love a good board game and are always looking to add to our collection. We may well have to give this a try as it looks perfect for family games night x

Sonia Seivwright said...

I believe I have played a similar game before from back in the day. I don't remember what it was called, but I know families would have fun playing this.

Marysa said...

This sounds like a fun game. I enjoy games like this, and I like the dragon theme and the neat mat that it comes with.

Kelly Bolen said...

What a cute game! I love the dragons, they are adorable! Too bad I don't have any little ones in my house anymore!

Beth said...

The dragons look adorable in this card game. The rules are also easy to understand so I think I will buy this board game

Samantha Donnelly said...

This looks like a fun game to play, and the dragons look very cute. Definitely onne to look at getting

Sarah Stockley said...

My husbands grandmother used to collect dragons, we now have her ornaments in my sons room and he also loves them. We will certainly have to check this game out!

Fransic Verso said...

We have a collection of board games for our family and this would be a great addition to the list. Thank you for sharing!

rhian westbury said...

We love a good board game in our house, and dragons sounds so cool. I'll need to see if my other half has heard of this one x

Ckrusch said...

It sounds like an awesome game! Love the design!

Melissa Greene said...

This looks like a game my kids would enjoy too. I love the dragons and the idea that they have full figures you can buy for it.

Tammy said...

What a fun looking game! I love tabletops and it a great way to spend time with family.

Olga said...

This game is so colorful and adorable. My oldest son is only 5, and we have to wait at least 5 more years. But Im going to tell about this game to my friend who has 12 yo twins.

Angela Ricardo Bethea said...

That sounds like a wonderful and fun game to play with the family. My boys will definitely love this one for sure.

Karen Cruz said...

Me encanta los juegos de mesa son muy divertidos 😻😻😻

Yeah Lifestyle said...

We love board games as a family and these dragons are super cute. Can't wait to get this ordered for my kids

Anonymous said...

You got me sold on cute dragons really already because dragons hold special place in my heart. I miss such pads, I totally get you: this is really much more comfortable and easy to use. It’s great they left a lot of place for players to store their stuff. I often notice the design of pad for each player is lacking, you definitely need more space to play more comfortably. Thanks for the review, I definitely will consider the purchase and will definitely try to have it added to our local board game lovers club. Lyosha

Riyah Speaks said...

This is such a cute game for the family to enjoy together. Thanks for highlighting it.

sevenwhiskers said...

the tiny dragons in this are SO cute - the entire game is, really!

Gina Ferrell said...

This looks like a fun game for the whole family to play on game nights.

Kelly said...

I love these types of games and this one looks so cute! Great for all the family to play.

Mikhail Rapoport said...

If you could vacation anywhere, where would you want to go?

I would go to Toronto, Canada this winter to ski and ride snowmobile.

Neely said...

Our family loves games like this! My son would love it!

Erica Webster-Russell said...

I am always looking for new board games to play as a family, and when we entertain. I think they make excellent gifts as well, that everyone can enjoy. I'll definitely have to pick this one up and add it to the collection!

仙妮 said...

This is absolutely a good game for the young ones, of course for family members to play with them & guide them . Cheers Siennylovesdrawing

Sasha Hirte said...

I agree those dragons are cute, my daughters would go crazy over this.