Thursday, September 22, 2022

Make a giftable handprint stone with Horizon Group USA!

My kids have always loved working on craft projects & doing hands on learning which is why we love being part of the review team for Horizon Group USA! Once every few months they send us a box with a few goodies in it to try out and share with our readers. Today I want to share the sand dough mold your own handprint stone from their Made By Me! Line. It can be bought on amazon for $7.99, or you can find some of their products in stores like Target, Walmart, Michaels & More. 

This kit has everything included that you need to create one handprint stone. It is recommended for ages six to nine, however with help smaller children would be able to use this as well and it is big enough for an adult to make a handprint as well. The dough comes in a pre-made block so there is no need to mix anything, your child will simply need to open the package & smooth the dough mixture out into the round mold. After smoothing it out into the mold they can make their hand imprint then leave it to dry for 12 hours. Once the 12 hours pass you will need to flip it over & remove the mold letting it dry for another 12 hours before it is ready to be painted.

I did notice that the dough was still slightly flimsy after two days of it air drying, but I am hoping that over time it will continue to harden a bit. The paint included in the kit looks great, some paints are thin and will soak into a project leaving you having to add multiple layers, this wasn't like that and only needed a coat. There will be extra paint left over so you can always save it for another project, we also liked that the mold doubled as a rinse cup for the paint brush. Once it dries completely you can add a hanger onto the back so you can display it on the wall, or prior to painting this before the drying stage you can use a straw to make a small punch out a ribbon can fit into for hanging purposes. 

You can check out their website or their amazon store to see all of the awesome products they sell.

Disclaimer- Horizon Group USA provided the product above for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

17 comments:

Heather Swanson said...

you could do a pet's pawprint

Rose Ann Sales said...

That is so cute! My kids would love this for sure!

Beth said...

That is such a cut craft for the kids. It's a shame that it isn't quite as durable as hoped, but it still looks pretty great.

Bryan Carey said...

My kids always loved doing crafts. And things that included a handprint were always fun, since it added a degree of individualism to the craft,

Gervin Khan said...

Wow! This great handcraft which we can give as a gift to our loved ones! Perfect display, kids will definitely love to customize it with their own creativity! Loved it!

Sonia Seivwright said...

My daughter would love this. How fun.

alita said...

Hands-on learning is one of the best ways for kids to learn something. I would love my kids to try this!

Brianne said...

One of the best things about buying kits is that they have everything you need for art projects. I would buy this too for my kids.

Melanie w said...

How cool is this activity! I like that is looks fun and you have a keepsake too. also, this would make a great gift x

Melanie Edjourian said...

This sounds like a great hands on product for kids. Mine like arts and crafts and getting messy and it can be a great learning experience and fun too. This would make a lovely gift for a little one.

Fransic Verso said...

This seem fun for kidss. My little brother also love crafting and we did something similar to this one.

mail4rosey said...

This turned out cute. I do like that the mold doubled as a rinse cup too.

Ntensibe Edgar said...

Nnniiiiccceeeee...this is a very cute craft! I love it. I'll definitely be checking out the rest of their products on the website.

Christian Foremost said...

This is just so much fun. I would have love doing something like this when I was a kid.

Beth L said...

I love doing crafts with my kids! This is a two for one. Quality time with kids and a great momento to boot!

khoingn | The Broad Life said...

Surely my child will love this thing. It will improve the kid's creation.

Melissa Greene said...

Great gift to give the grandparents once it is done. I like how your son painted this.