Monday, September 19, 2022

Did you know the Elegear Arc-Chill blanket can help cool you down while you sleep?

 

I am the type of person that no matter what the temperature outside is, I like sleeping with my blanket. Even in the summer when it is warmer out, I might not have it completely over me, but it will be by my side usually over at least part of my body (it's a security thing). So, when I was asked to review the Elegear Cooling blanket that is supposed to help cool you down, I was intrigued & wanted to see if it actually works. Blankets are supposed to keep you warm, not cool you down so I was skeptical it would work as was my husband.

I was very surprised when I tried this out because you can instantly feel that it helps cool your body down. Shortly after I received this for a review, I put it over my husband when he was sitting in his chair & he was surprised by it too. We both mentioned that you could instantly feel the change, it isn't something that happens gradually. Later that night he had gone to bed before I did & when I went into the room, he had stolen the blanket and was wrapped up in it! Later that night he became a little too chilly between the blanket and the fans being on and gave me the blanket back. 

This Japanese Arc-chill cooling blanket comes in an assortment of sizes, they have two blankets that have a ocean theme which can be purchased in either Grey or Blue. We received the grey blanket in King size which retails for $54 on amazon. However, you can get 10% off by using code UOKQ9UL8   expire date: 2027-12-31. I do want to note ours smelled a little odd when we first opened it, so I washed it before we used it. It should be noted you are supposed to hang/air dry this blanket, I was impatient & decided to put it on a light cycle in the dryer and I can see why you would want to air dry this because it got super tangled up, I was able to untangle it though and the blanket is alright. Since this was delivered either myself or my husband have used this every night & I've even used it on the sofa once or twice. If you are a warm sleeper or live somewhere it stays warm at night, then you should check out this blanket. Elegear sells an assortment of other blanket & blanket styles as well so check out their shop page on amazon.

Disclaimer- Elegear provided the product mentioned above for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

16 comments:

Stephanie LaPlante said...

That would be the perfect blanket to have in the summertime. My room got so hot, but I can't sleep without a blanket.

Erica (The Prepping Wife) said...

Funny story, my husband and I were actually talking about this over the summer. Our bedroom gets super hot in the summer. We had talked about the fact that heated blankets are a thing, so why aren't cooling blankets a thing? I guess they are, now that I've read this post! This is definitely something that I would use, and it would make the perfect Christmas gift, as I know people that are always too warm and need something like this. I am so glad you reviewed this product, as I'll be buying one myself.

Riyah Speaks said...

I will definitely look into this product because I struggle with sleeping. Great review!

Christine Weis said...

A cooling blanket sounds awesome. I bet this would be perfect for summer or for people who are generally hot and uncomfortable when they sleep. This would make a great gift.

Nyxie said...

Can't say I need something like this right now, but could really have used it during the summer! It was much too warm here at a stage, so warm in fact we had to sleep in the living room!

Melanie said...

Ooo how clever is this that the blanket actually helps regulate your temperature. This would also make such a lovely gift too! Melanie xx

Jennifer Prince said...

Wait, what? I had idea there were blanket to keep you cool. I need to get my husband one!

Fransic Verso said...

This is interesting, I have seen a bed change temperature but not a blanket.

Patricia Chamberlain said...

This blanket sounds amazing. I am a bit of a blanket addict, but I do not have a cooling blanket. I'll have to see about adding this to my collection!

Beth L said...

My hubby and daughter have terrible night sweats. Definitely going to check into this! Thanks for sharing.

Mila R said...

Thank You for mentioning that you washed it before you used it and also about the drying. So helpful!

Melanie Edjourian said...

Oh wow, what a clever product. I've not come across these before. I think it would come in handy as my bedroom is tiny and gets really warm very fast.

Lesa said...

I am getting one of these blankets now!!!!!!!! That's all I have to say, because this post was written for me, for me i tell ya!

Caroline said...

This is the perfect blanket for a calm night sleep!

Abida said...

Never thought that such a perfect blanket could ever exist. Thanks for the info.

Melissa Greene said...

I didn't know this was a thing, I could use this in the summer.