Friday, September 2, 2022

Creepy Crate June/July Crate!

 

I always have a spooktastic time when my Creepy Crate arrives. Being someone who has always enjoyed spooky & horror themed books, movies and more these crates are perfect for me. Creepy Crate is a true crime & horror themed bi-monthly subscription box, boxes can include clothing, household goods & more plus they always come with one physical book + one digital book. Each crate typically has five or six physical items alongside one digital gift, you can purchase a single box for $39.99 or subscribe for 3 to 6 boxes at a time to receive a bit of a discount on the boxes. 

I have received several Creepy Crates in the past & I haven't had any major issues with any of my boxes. I only had a small issue with one box where a plastic cup smelled a bit funky. If you'd like to see what they had in previous boxes or read some of my other review, you can type in "Creepy Crate" in the search bar of my blog to see the other posts. Let's dig into what was in the latest crate I received.


The two books included was a physical copy of Helltown by Casey Sherman. It is a true crime novel based off of the Cape Cod serial killer in the 1960's. Also included was a digital copy of The Spirit Wood, which is a horror fantasy about a women in the woods. 

Another true crime item included in this box is the shirt featuring the Hex Hallow house, a real house in Stewartstown, Pennsylvania that was the center of a true crime in the 1920's. Prior to seeing this box I did not know what the Hex Hallow house was. This is part of the reason I enjoy these boxes is because I often find new stories or movies I didn't know about & are crazy to learn about. In this particular case a townsfolk was convinced their new neighbor had put a curse on them and it all went to hell from there. 

Also included was a cute small green yarn voodoo doll keychain which reminds me of the game Unravel 2 which features small yarn creatures as the playable characters. Growing up I always enjoyed watching the Final Destination movies, although like many I still refuse to drive behind or too close to trucks carrying lumber, metal poles, etc because of this movie! So it was nice to see a luggage tag included based off a plane crash in the movies breifly shown at the end of the first movie & shown in Final Destination 5. 

This box came with a Ghost hunt weekend voucher which sounds like it would be an interesting experience to take place in, but sadly all of the opportunities & tours they offer are all based on the East coast so I don't think I will get any use out of this. Sometimes the items in the box can be a hit or miss as it is with any subscription box and that is okay with me because I always know someone else who would be more than happy to receive what ever it is that I don't like. Last but not least was a curse of king tut hand fan, this is a nice sturdy hand fan that looks nice, my daughter enjoys how it looks so it is now her fan. 

What is your favorite item included in this box? For all of these who love Halloween & Spooky things, have you bought anything fun at the store lately?

Disclaimer- Creepy Crate provided a box for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

34 comments:

Stephanie LaPlante said...

As a person who loves all things creepy, I think that this crate looks awesome. Definitely something I'd be interested in if they had a local version.

monique s said...

such great goodies in the crate and love the crate's theme

Maryann D. said...

This Creepy Crate would be so much fun for my daughter. She enjoys books like this and all the fun items.

Anonymous said...

This is perfect for those who love all things supernatural! And, it's perfect for Halloween!

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

such a cute idea for Halloween junkies like me. jejeje! I think I know how I just might surprise my Halloween loving gurls

Live Laugh Love said...

These look fun to get each month. You really love your goodies and such with the games and engagement with your family. (:

Travelwisesr said...

Wow what a creepy idea. In a life which tends to get monotonous, this is such a welcome change. The box looks real cute as well apart from the contents.

Erica (The Prepping Wife) said...

I'm super tempted to subscribe to the Creepy Crate box service just for the books! I think this would also make for a really fun gift idea for any horror fan in my life. You've certainly sparked my interest, as I've read some of your other posts about this subscription service.

Shirley O said...

It looks like a nice selection of creepy products. This would be fun to receive every month.

Chad said...

I love love love Halloween, it is my favorite holiday and it falls in my favorite season...I will check the book for sure, thank you so much...

Beth said...

This is so perfect for anyone who loves horror. Talk about a great Halloween gift.

Yona Williams said...

I think the plot of "Helltown" by Casey Sherman sounds interesting...

Forever My Little Moon said...

I'm not really into creepy or scary things so this box is probably not for me! Bummer that the events aren't near you!

Annabel Beales said...

What a great idea!! I need to tell my friend about this as Halloween is her absolute favourite time of the year!!

Shelly Laitnovich said...

I have never hear of the Creepy Crate but I know I would love it! I am going to suggest Helltown to my book club...it sounds like a good read! Thanks so much for the recommendation!~

Shelly said...

I have never heard of the Creepy Crate...but I know I would love it. I am going to suggest Helltown to my bookclub for our next read! Thanks so much for the recommendation!

Samantha said...

I love reading true crime books. I can't wait to check out the ones you suggested.

Christine H said...

This sounds really cool! I have two family members that would really love this. Both are really into true crime and spooky.

Laura said...

I am not a huge fan of the supernatural but this is great for halloween and those who do enjoy it.

Mich Ni said...

I love the contents of the box. This is a great idea as gifts as well to those who like creepy stuff

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

I have never heard of this box before, But I LOVE the keyring and the book

Melanie w said...

What a shame that you can't take advantage of the ghost voucher, as that sounds fun. that said the contents of the creepy crate look fab xx

Melanie Edjourian said...

I've never had any of these before but love creepy things. The ghost hunt weekend sounds like it would be great fun although scary too! Shame it's a bit gar for you.

Sandra D. said...

I love horror movies these creepy crates look amazing.

Rhian Westbury said...

This is such a cool sounding box, I love the idea of getting mystery books that I wouldn't have picked myself. And other bits to explore x

Tammy said...

What a fun crate of goodies to check out for the Halloween season. I love horror movies and books would love to check this out!

Lisa said...

The ghost hunt weekend would be so much fun to me! I also like the look of the book in the crate. There are some great things inside!

TRIPPER2365 said...

I love Creepy Crate .

Lady In Read said...

while I am not a big fan of horror, i do occasionally watch or read the genre..
love the theme of the crate and those goodies look cool!!

Monica said...

There are so many cool subscription boxes. It's neat they had a coupon for a ghost event!

Yeah Lifestyle said...

My daughter would love something like this. I think these boxes are great, especially ones that have a certain theme to them.

Khushboo said...

My husband will love this. The ghost hunt weekend looks like it would be so much fun

Rachel said...

Your voodoo doll reminded me of this. My roommate in law school bought me a love voodoo doll from New Orleans during Mardi Gras. Tw months later I started dating my husband. It totally worked haha.

Anonymous said...

Amazing giveaway