Sunday, September 25, 2022

Creepy Crate August/September!

 

Guess who recently received their August/September Creepy Crate? Me! That's who. If you've been a reader of mine for a while you are very familiar with Creepy Crate by now & if you are new to my blog let me tell you what Creepy Crate is. Creepy Crate is a true crime & horror themed bi-monthly subscription box, boxes can include clothing, household goods & more plus they always come with one physical book + one digital book. Each crate typically has five or six physical items alongside one digital gift, you can purchase a single box for $39.99 or subscribe for 3 to 6 boxes at a time to receive a bit of a discount on the boxes. 

I've seen a lot of horror movies & I've read through quite a few cold cases in the past, but there is so much out there that there is still plenty to discover. That is one of my favorite things about this crate is that you will often find a mixture of themes you are familiar with and new thing to discover. 


This months
physical book is "Number One Fan" by Meg Elison, some crates could have also received "They Drown Our Daughter" by Katrina Monroe instead. The copy of number one fan is actually a copy that is a uncorrected proof & is not available for sale, which means it could be slightly different from the final print and that there won't be a huge number of people who own this version. The digital book included in this months crate is a book called "Knife Fight" by David Nickle. 


The first item to pop out of the box as it is the largest & was right on top is a
Frisbee that reads "Bates High School Class of '76" which is a souvenir inspired item from the movie Carrie. Carrie 1 & 2 were some of the first horror movies I watched & I have always enjoyed them so this was a neat item to receive in the crate. We will keep it with our park/camping stuff to use when we go out. The second largest item in this box is a 'Salem's Lot' water bottle. 


Also included in this crate is a car shaped
eraser in the form of a 1958 Plymouth Fury which is the eveil car itself in the movie 'Christine'. A sew on patch shaped like a gravestone that reads "George Stark 1985-1991 Not a very nice guy", this was one I wasn't familiar with as I haven't read a large majority of Stephen King's work, but when I looked it up, I was surprised by the crazy tale I found. You can also read it here if you'd like. Last but not least is a fun Castle Rock keychain! I loved the first season, but I have been slacking and need to watch the second season to see what happens. 

Is there a product in this month's crate that stands out as your favorite? What is a horror movie or a true crime you'd want a keep sake of? 

Disclaimer- Creepy Crate provided a box for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase

20 comments:

Yona Williams said...

A horror movie I'd like a keepsake of is It...so many possibilities!

Maryann D. said...

This looks like a lot of fun! I know my daughter would enjoy having this.
twinkle at optonline dot net

Clarice said...

Wow! This is cool. This is actually my first to hear about Creepy Crate and would love to subscribe too. I think the price is just reasonable. Will check them out.

Erica Webster-Russell said...

I just went to look up the book that came in your creepy crate, and seriously, I would totally subscribe to this box just for the books. I'm constantly watching your blog for these updates and seeing what books you get. I would love to hear your thoughts on it once you've read Number One Fan!

Lyosha said...

Awesome options for a lover of all things spooky like myself 😍 I am curious about the book most in the kit!

Marysa said...

What an interesting idea for a subscription box. Definitely very unique! Love seeing the items you got.

Beth said...

This is really cool subscription box! I have a family member who is HUGE into stuff like this, and I think this is going to be a great holiday gift.

Brianne said...

I have never seen a subscription box like this before. I think it's a really cool idea!

Colleen said...

This is so perfect for anyone who loves spooky stuff. I'm a big fan of horror and suspense novels, so I'd get this crate just for the books.

Maureen said...

What a fun box! I personally am not fan of creepy or crazy spooky stuff but I love all the other knick knacks you get in this box.

Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

linda said...

I love any spooky things.So much fan of it. thanks for sharing with us

Cinny said...

This is probably super perfect for the Halloween fanatic. I could probably think of a few people.

Oli said...

This is so awesome and spooky! This will make a great family bonding experience. Thanks for sharing!

Ntensibe Edgar said...

I like this! For a crime thriller, I will go with The Blacklist! That show is just out of this world.

Sonia Seivwright said...

This is something my friends and I could get into as a business partnership. I like the thriller theme.

Melanie Edjourian said...

This sounds like the ideal subscription for horror fans. I love anything creepy. It definitely is something different from the norm which makes it such a great gift.

Chloe Arnold said...

What a fun idea! For people who enjoy halloween and all things creepy- this is great. This is so creative!

. Heather Swanson said...

such fun ideas !

Faith Stephenson said...

It looks like a great kit for those who like all things spooky, like myself! I'm most intrigued by the book included in the kit, though!

Melissa Greene said...

Love the spooky goods especially that keychain. This looks like a great box for horror fans.