Sunday, November 21, 2021

Puzzlcrate Review!

 


The holidays are coming up which means it is time to start thinking about gifts for the ones you love, a great idea for a gift is a subscription to something that relates to a interest of your loved one. There are so many awesome subscription boxes that cover a number of things, today I am going to be sharing a subscription box with you called PuzzlCrate. Each month you'll receive a box that comes with two different puzzles and a collectable pin, each box is $35 monthly or you can save a few dollars if you subscribe for a longer plan. They offer six and twelve month subscriptions along with one for month to month.

I was gifted a box to check out and share with all of you, as you can imagine my kids were pretty curious what was in this box when it arrived. It drove my husband and kids a little nuts because I waited two days before opening it! 

Inside I found two very unique puzzle cubes, a really cute puzzle pin, a sticker and two papers explaining each cube. The first one I pulled out is called the Mefferts Curvy copter, the design on this is actually quite pretty it reminds me of a four leaf clover. The way this puzzle moves is crazy, there are so many moving pieces that can be moved around at once. Everyone was passing it around playing with it, and between more than one person trying to turn it different ways, it actually ended up with two pieces being completely stuck and jammed, my husband ended up taking it apart and putting it back together to fix it. (which was neat seeing what was inside). 

Once back together you can't even tell it was ever taken apart and we are back to having fun with it trying to figure out how to get all the sides back once we mixed it all up. 

Next in line is a puzzle called the Duomo Pyraminx. I really enjoy trying to figure this one out, its movements are quick and make a nice sound when figuring out the puzzle. Even with as much fun as both of these are they make me realize I really suck at trying to figure these out, hahaha, but that won't stop me from continuing to try and maybe one day I will manage to get it figured out. 

There was also a cute collectable pin that looks like a puzzle cube and a sticker featuring the Puzzlcrate logo. Looking at their website at some of the past crates they send out some pretty crazy looking puzzles, I've never seen a large majority of them before so I think this crate is a great way to discover new puzzle cubes you've never heard of. 

Have you ever figured out how to solve any kind of puzzle cube?

Disclaimer- Puzzlecrate provided me with a one month box for free in exchange for a review , no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase. 

14 comments:

Melissa Greene said...

I think this is a subscription box my son would enjoy, he has been asking for puzzles and games that are more challenging for him.

Forever My Little Moon said...

This would be a fun gift idea for a puzzle lover! I still can't figure out a rubix cube lol

Carleenp said...

Looks like a great gift idea! I have some puzzle lovers in my life who would love this box.

Gervin Khan said...

My daughter love puzzle so much and I am sure she will enjoy this subscription box.

Heather @ US Japan Fam said...

This sounds like the perfect gift for the person who has everything!!! Love puzzles, they're so good for your brain, too!

Katherine said...

These are such a great gift idea for my niece and nephews! I love gifting things that can challenge them and make them think while they're still having fun. So neat.

Clarice said...

Wow! I did not know that we subscription boxes like this and I think it is really a cool idea. I love puzzles and would love to try this. I think the price is reasonable and it's good that they offer both short and longer subscription plans.

Jupiter Hadley said...

I love the idea of these toys! What a great subscription.

Catherine said...

My son loves puzzles like this. This would be a great gift set for him. Looks challenging but so much fun.

Monica said...

This is a great idea for a holiday gift!

danielle_ridgway said...

This would be a perfect gift for my brother.

Marysa said...

What a neat gift idea. That cube is so interesting! It is nice to have some products that get people thinking and off their devices.

Jasmine M said...

I love this! I am a huge fan of puzzles. I may have to try this box out for myself. It'd make a great gift to give someone who likes puzzles like these.

Jessica Radford said...

My boys would love this subscription box.