Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Fruit For Thought, A Review of a fruit themed subscription box!

 


I always enjoy subscription boxes that have a little mixture of items to where you aren't sure what you might end up with, maybe makeup, or a new hand towel? I recently came upon a unique subscription box called Fruit For Thought that is a monthly artisan gift box that is a fruit (or sometimes vegetables) scented, flavored & colored theme. Each month has a set theme that is centered around one specific fruit and all of the products included in the box look, smell or taste like that fruit. I was lucky enough to receive one for review and I was very excited to find out what the theme was and what was in the box. Each box is $39.99, and there are extra options such as deluxe boxes and mystery boxes that are for sale on her site.

Each box comes with five to seven items that fit that months theme, when I opened the box I found that even the tissue paper included had a fruit theme to it. I love the colors on the tissue paper and think the box was well packaged keeping everything secure during shipping. 

Here is what was included in this months Caramel Pear themed box:

A pear shaped & scented candle by Fire Lake Soapery. The candle comes in a cute little paint can container that has a small round metal washer attached to it so that you can pry the metal lid up to access your candle. The lid is easy to pry open, but getting the candle out will take a little work! You'll need to remove all of the inside filler before being able to get the candle out. It smells A-mazing, it really does smell like a freshly cut sweet pear that is ready to be devoured. It smells so good you'll debate whether you want to actually light it or not. 


Spiced apple pie caramels by Little Apple Treats. When you open the package you can immediately smell the spice scent, it is lovely however it reminds me of a pumpkin pie more than an apple pie. These candies are made with freshly pressed apple cider and other natural ingredients. I really wanted to like these, but I personally found them a little tart vs the creamy caramel I was expecting so I will be passing these onto my co-workers to try out. 

Peaceful Pear Edible tea by Capuli Club. This is such a fun and fancy tea mix, it has pear, banana, pineapple, cinnamon and sweet ansie in it. Instead of getting a bunch of tea leaves inside of a tea bag there are full slices of pear, and more. Once your tea is brewed you are able to eat the fruits if you choose to do so. The tea is caffeine free and no sugar is added. 

Caramel Pear room spray by Forever Shine Collections. This is another item in this crate that smells down right edible, it has such a sweet smell to it. Instead of having that odd fake fruit chemical smell some sprays can have this smells like someone boiled down some sweet pears and put it into a jar to use as a refreshing room spray. 

A cute pear pen by Fun Write. I like the feel of this pen and I enjoy how it writes, it is smooth and writes tiny just how I enjoy writing. 


Spiced Caramel pear jam by Eat This. I know it is pear jam but with the spice all my brain can picture is pumpkin pie when smelling this, that isn't a bad thing though it smells delicious. (pretty much everything in this box smells delicious). I had this on some toast and it was pretty good, but it was even better with a little bit of cream cheese as well. It spreads smoothly and I didn't have to use that much to spread it over the whole piece of toast. 

I am very pleased and impressed with this box, instead of feeling like the owner Pam went to a big box store to find items for the box it feels as if you went to a farmers market with her and shopped small self owned business. I wouldn't say that a pear is normally on my top list of fruits I want to eat as there are other fruits I prefer, but this box makes me want to go to the store and pick up a pear or two. I feel like she puts a lot of thought into each box and I can tell a lot of research goes into finding each item that goes into the box. 

I wish I had known about this before because the October box looked amazing as well! If you would like to check this subscription box out for yourself you can use the code MOON10 to receive 10% off of your subscription. 

Disclaimer- Fruit for Thought provided me with a one month subscription in exchange for a review, no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase. 

18 comments:

Sandy Cain said...

What an interesting idea! I've never had any subscription boxes yet. (Don't wear make-up, no small children at home, etc) - but I may start with this one. I'm impressed that you felt the owner put careful thought into the items, personally. That can make such a difference. I'm going to check them out!

Colleen Debs said...

Nice variety

Karen said...

Those treats look yummy!

Hang Around The World said...

Oh this is such a nice box, the treats look so delish. What's your favorite piece of it? - Amalia

Melanie Edjourian said...

This sounds like a really lovely subscription box. It seems to have a good range of items. Love the caramel pear room spray!!!

Jasmine M said...

This looks like such a great box. I have never even heard of this box before, but I definitely want to check it out. The Peaceful Pear Edible tea sounds amazing.

Knycx Journeying said...

So many items in the box and it looks exciting! The treats are wonderful and they are great to share with family, or send them out as a gift. - Knycx Journeying

Risa Lopez said...

I would love to try this subscription boxes. They look interesting. The foods inside looks yummy too!

Lisa said...

Spiced pear jam sounds really delicious. I'd like this box!

Cristina Petrini said...


Of all the boxes I could subscribe to, I always find the food boxes the most useful and beautiful

alfonzowrods said...

Se manifique treats captured. Great views and vibes.
aaaaaahhhhh omg this looks so dastardly delectable yum.

Melissa Greene said...

The candle and jam do sound amazing, I want to try them too.

Blair Villanueva said...

Such a lovely subscription box. I love the idea of receiving a mail even just monthly, with surprises in it. This is a great way to try these products, and buy more on something that you enjoy.

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

the box looks so cute and healthy! I absolutely love the idea behind it

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

I like subscription boxes and the idea behind it sounds lovely. the products you got here are useful and cute. I love the addition of the pen, it's a cute add to smile for a long time

aisasami said...

This subscription box sounds like the real deal and really perfect. I really like there is different items you can use as soap or scents.

Marjie Mare said...

I feel like we can get so much with a subscription box. Thanks for sharing this amazing post.

Polly said...

This is something I'd want to get my hands on! I enjoy trying new things, and the products in the Fruit For Thought box appear to be both pretty and yummy! I'm also a smell junkie, which is a bonus!