Monday, November 22, 2021

Help your aches and pains with a Thermal-Aid pack!

 

Earlier this week I shared a post with you about a pain relief cream and mentioned a few other ways to help with muscle, joint and body pains. One of those helpful tools for pain management are hot/cold packs which can be used for a large number of discomforts. I was recently gifted a Medium sectional hot/cold pack from Thermal-Aid, I've used packs like this before so my brain had a image in my mind of what the size was. I should have read the dimensions better! This is a lot larger than I had expected it to be, however it will be great for when my back hurts or when my daughters back is having a bad day (she has scoliosis). The medium sectional can be purchased for $30.95 on their website, along with other sizes, shapes and even packs for children that are shaped like animals.

The packs are made from 100% cotton and the inside is made using a specially engineered corn that helps hold the heat and cold. The packs are washable and can be wiped off if needed, I have been thinking about sewing a cover for this though so the cotton material stays how it looks. 

My medium sectional has a little bit of weight to it which is nice as it adds a little bit of pressure to your sore muscles along with the heat or cold. Packs like this can be used to help a number of issues from sore muscles to head aches, I've used them for a number of issues. I always find that if my head hurts, resting for a little while with a cold pack on my forehead is a huge help. 

Sometime packs like this can easily tear at the seams which makes the beads/corn fall out, I do not see myself having that issue with this particular pack, it seems well made and long lasting. 

What kind of pains would you use a pack like this for?

Disclaimer-  Thermal-Aid provided me with the product mentioned above for free in exchange for a review , no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase. 

1 comment:

Melissa Greene said...

This sounds like something I can use for my ankle that hurts when it gets cold out.