Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Celebrate with Medieval Times in Scottsdale,AZ!


My daughters birthday falls just six days after Christmas and my son's birthday is in January, which means they get a few days spread out over a month period where they get to open a few presents! This year we wanted to do something a little extra so we decided to head out and check out the new Medieval Times in Scottsdale to celebrate the kids birthdays a little early. We've been to the one in Anaheim so when we told the kids we were going to the one that just opened here they were beyond excited and couldn't wait to go.



Pulling up we thought the new castle looked wonderful, they had bridges to cross over into the castle and an outside stable. The castle in Anaheim has an outdoor area where you stand in line to get tickets, get your tickets scanned, etc before entering into a welcoming building where you get your seating assigned and get to take photos. The Scottsdale castle has an indoor reception area that reminded us a bit of a hotel entrance, the lines are nice and organized and the staff at the desk give you where you'll be sitting right at check in. You receive your areas colored crown and are then able to take a group photo in front of a green screen if you choose to do so.


How is the inside of the Castle grounds and how does it compare to the castle in Anaheim? If you've been to the castle in Anaheim you'll notice quite a few differences, the first being that there is no court yard to stroll/sit in and the inside seating and shopping is much more limited, I was also sad to see there was no in door viewing area to see the horses. However I do really like that they updated the area where the Queen comes out to sit and interact with guests, and that the announcer has his own balcony which makes him easier to spot and hear when he is directing guests into the main tournament hall. Everything ran smoothly getting into the hall and getting seated at our tables. We got lucky and I think our row was missing a seat so we were able to scoot down a little so we weren't elbow to elbow with the people next to us.


Before we entered into the show I had my husband take the kids to look at the gift shop while I went over to the announcement table to purchase an announcement which the Queen reads during the show as a surprise for the kids! For $10 you can get a short personal announcement and a scroll with the occasion/name to take home, they also have other package options available that come with a gift, etc. (the scroll is delivered at the end of the tournament). The kids were so excited when the queen wished them a Happy Birthday!


How does dinner work? As you can imagine they didn't have the wide assortment of eating utensils we do now during the Medieval times so you eat with your hands! All foods are finger food friendly, and you are provided with a napkin and a wet wipe (they bring out another towards the end of dinner). Each row in the different sections has it's own server to help make everything run smoothly, drinks are served first followed by soup and garlic bread. After the servers are part of the show for a moment then they come back and start serving roasted chicken, corn on the cob, and roasted potatoes. All of the food is pretty delicious and they serve you quite a bit so you are sure to be full by the end of your meal. Afterwards you'll be served which ever dessert they have for the night, we had ice cream. Your server will come by again during dinner to see if you need a drink re-fill and they will come by during dessert to see if any of the adults want coffee.



Did our Knight win? Sadly not this time, perhaps next time! But the show was a lot of fun to watch and it is always fun to participate in cheering for your Knight and booing your opponents. After the show is over the Knights come out to take photos with the crowd. I also loved that before the show started the falconer and his Falcon were out in the hall taking photos with people. The show last for two hours, which is a steal seeing as the price of $45.95 per Adult & $35.95 per child is for the price of a four course meal and a two hour show. For a limited time you can save 40% on Adult tickets and 20% on kids tickets by using code USF4020 at checkout. You can also register to WIN 4 free tickets to a show of your choice (at any of their castles) by clicking HERE.

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Medieval Times for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

35 comments:

Chris Jordan said...

I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing .

Buyingstylewithmeg said...

I have never been here although there is one by me...might be time to make the trip! Thanks for the info

Ashli Ferguson said...

I LOVE Medieval Times!! it's so freaking cool and fun LOL

Joanna said...

That is a pretty cool experience! I have been to Medieval restaurants before where they put on a show, but never to such a big event, where you get to see horses and the Queen comes by too.

Dominique B. said...

I have read about this place a few times. It seems like a good time! Perhaps my husband and I will visit the next time we are near one!

Samsplami said...

I’ve been here once, but it was a school trip years ago. I’m glad to see the thoroughness of your experience written here :)

Samsplami said...

I’ve been here once, but it was a school trip years ago. I’m glad to see the thoroughness of your experience written here :)

Nancy P said...

I've never been. Perhaps some day.

What Ayesha Reads said...

This place is so much fun.. I think the one I went to is in Maryland

aisasami said...

My sister and brother went to Medieval Times in MD, but I never have been there. Someday, I will go and experience it.

Our Redonkulous Life said...

I have never been to Medieval Times, but I want to so bad. It looks like so much fun! Thank you for sharing!

Mike said...

Love Medieval Times! Always a good time especially for the kids.

Sarah M said...

I have never been to medieval times and it seems that you had a great experience. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Deepali said...

Never been there. But it is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing this super amazing post.

Christopher Mitchell said...

There's actually one in Toronto, my hometown, and it's just super fun! Didn't know they had other locations!

Marissa Buffett said...

I've always wanted to go to this! Will have to try next time im in Toronto!

Edye Nicole said...

Looks like so much fun!

mia2009(at)comcast(dot)net

Gina Ferrell said...

I went to Medieval Times and it was such a great experience.

Leanne said...

I’ve always wanted to go to medieval times . It’s still on my bucket list . I’m probably going to go next summer , looks like a blast .

aprilbluetx said...

I've always wanted to go to a Medieval Times show and dinner. I think my nieces would love eating with their hands. I am a big fan of queens and kings - especially Katherine of Aragon, so this would be fun for me.

Melanie Borhi said...

I was here years ago and it was alot of fun

Lori Padgett said...

There's a Medieval Times in Toronto as well. I've never been but know people who have and they've said it was a great time.

mousecat said...

Looks fun! I've always thought I might want to go to something like this.

John Smith said...

I've never been to a Medieval Times! I'd have to check out the gift shop when I'm there!

TRIPPER2365 said...

Would like to go there it looks fabukous

tat2gurlzrock said...

I have never been to one of these. Looks like fun!

AEKZ2 said...

Looks like fun for the whole family. I'll have to check it out.

Nikki Far said...

I wish medieval times would come to florida

Hannah Schaffer said...

I love this so much! I’ll definitely have to check it out!!!

LILLIAN BROWN said...

How neat that you can purchase an announcement that the Queen reads

elizabeth miller said...

We have friends that go to this every year in New Jersey and they love it. Hopefully we will get a chance to go soon.

J Renee W said...

Every year we go to the Renaissance Festival which is kind of similar, we love it.

ArtemisG said...

What a great experience!!!! It's pretty cool.

sarah letendre said...

I have always wanted to go to medieval times , looks like a fun family night out

Alandre said...

I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com