Wednesday, November 13, 2019

CandleWick Press trio of book reviews!



When I was younger I enjoyed getting my hands on a new book and reading when ever I could, which is why I've always encouraged my kids to read as much as possible as well. I always love seeing their faces light up when we get new books, especially when we get a new box from CandleWick Press! Books that not only my kids are interested in but books I want to read as well are a big bonus and I wanted to share a few of those with you here today.




Paper World: Planet Earth by Bomboland (Retail $24.99)

This book goes over a ton of details about the earth, from volcanos to storms and Tectonic plates which is perfect as my children are at the stages in school where they are either starting to learn about the earth or are continuing to learn more about it. Each page is rather unique in its design, the creators used paper layers to show the layers of the earth and show case different aspects of nature.

Each page is jam packed with information about the subject it is discussing, including several fun flaps with more information stored underneath. My children were pretty excited about this book, and looking through the pages made me want to read it as well just to absorb all of the information it has to offer. I think this book is a very educational book for a home collection or it would fit right into a classroom setting as a way to offer a fun way to learn about the Earth.



Life: The First Four Billion Years by Martin Jenkins (Retail $24.99)

Here is another fantastic book absolutely jam packed with educational information! This book covers various stages of life before there were humans, it goes over many of the different periods such as Jurassic, Cretaceous period and more. Not only does this book contain eighty pages of information there is more information on each page than in a regular book because of the books size, it measures a whooping 11" x 14" and features a fold out page in the start of the book.

We've only looked through this book so far but this is another that is a great addition to any home or school library for school ages children or anyone interested in knowing more about this subject. It includes a number of illustrations some in color and others in black and white.


Where's Waldo? Double Trouble by Martin Handford (Retail $18.99)

Growing up I was always a big fan of Where's Waldo books, my great grandmother kept several in her house and I remember looking through them over and over just to look at all the fun little scenes hidden in the book. This is a great take on the classic while also throwing in a "spot the difference" book.

You'll find two of the same photo each time you flip the page, not only will you need to find Waldo and his friends but you'll also have to spot all the differences between the two photos. My kids have had a blast with this book and we are quite happy to add it to our Where's Waldo collection! This book is great as a birthday or holiday gift for children who enjoy interactive books.

CandleWick Press offers these three amazing books along with dozens of others suited for all ages! You can buy them directly through their website, on Amazon or Barnes & Nobles.

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Candlewick Press for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.