Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Adventures with a bear & a Dinosaur!





Ready to learn about two new fantastic children's books? I am back with two more wonderful titles from Candlewick Press and I think they would make a great addition to the summer reading list for beginning to moderate readers.



Written by Claire Freedman
Retail Value $16.99

This book is about a bear and his favorite story book, sadly his favorite book started falling apart after he read it so many times. So what is a bear to do after his favorite book falls apart? Write one of his own of course, while going on an adventure with his friends. This is a cute book, we had a lot of fun following the adventures shown in this book, the illustrations were colorful and helped make you feel as if you were with bear as well. It makes for a great short story before bedtime or just a quick book to read together during the day.



Written by Jason Cockcroft
Retail Value $15.99

Almost every child I've known has loved Dinosaurs, there is so much to learn about them and the thought of seeing one is exciting. If you did happen to find a way to hatch a Dinosaur egg, how would you take care of it? There isn't a lot of information out there on how to take care of a dinosaur, but you don't need to worry because this book will help teach you everything there is about taking care of a dinosaur. My kids thought this was a fun book, they had a few laughs along the way and can't wait to read this book again.

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by CandleWick Press for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the artwork in Children's books. As fun as it must be wo write on I think being an illustrator would be great. I still remember images from some of my favorite children's books. Bears Book and How To Take Care of Your Favorite Dinosaur look to be instant classics!

Lindsay Rae Brown said...

These do look like fun books! My kids are a little old for this level now and it makes me miss reading these kinds of cute stories to them! Reading to children is such a joy especially when you have awesome looking books like these! Thanks for sharing your finds!

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

I am crazy about the bear illustrations here! so very cute and so pretty. That is definitely something to give to child easily and happily.

Snehal said...

My aunt is looking for some summer books for her lil one. Sharing this blog post with her to checkout these fun books. :)

Sharon Wu of Style Lullaby said...

love the illustrations of this book! need to check it out and see if any of my nieces and nephews would fancy this read :)

Trish said...

What beautiful books, and gorgeous illustrations too. Dinosaur books are always a hit and I love the idea of a story about how to look after them!

Az_Kisses said...

Children's books are fun to read, I love reading with my children. They both look like great book options.

Live Learn Better said...

These are very interesting and will be a good summer read to the kids. I'll definitely check it out.

honeybunnytwee said...

I would definitely get both of these for my friend’s kid when he gets older for story-time. I loved dinosaurs as a kid and was a little upset I never found one in my backyard;)

Sandra D. said...

I would love these for my grandchildren.

Ana Gonzalez said...

The pictures in this book look so cute. This would be a good book to have in my collection

Nancy P said...

These are darling books.

Anonymous said...

Children would love these stories and pictures!

Gala said...

wonderful books, cute artwork and nice story

jjmon2012 said...

my great niece is a little young not reading but she loves books. Nothing better then having somebody ready to her, and she loves to look at the pictuers

bonnie said...

What cute books!

Edye Nicole said...

such cute books!!!

mia2009(at)comcast(dot)net