Monday, November 26, 2018

Cat Scratching post shopping with Tuft + Paw

**This was not a paid post. My honest opinions were used, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by Tuft + Paw for the review  free of charge.**


When looking for a scratching post for your cat, what should you look for? There are dozens of different brands out there that sell scratching posts so looking for one might seem a little daunting, but if you try to narrow down your cats likes before purchasing a post it can be a big help.

Aleister is a bit of an odd ball cat who acts more like a dog, however he does still like using a scratching pad to help his claws + teeth so I wanted to get him something a little more than just the cardboard scratcher he is currently using. He doesn't usually like laying on furniture in the house, he prefers to be under your feet or laying somewhere on the floor. Aleister use to have a big cat tower, but he literally never used it since he had other spots he preferred to lay so when looking for a post I avoided any that had sleeping ledges and opted for a stand still post with just a scratcher.



Through Tuft + Paw we were sent the Turrim scratching post in Black Bird which retails for $139. It stands at 28" tall which is just the right size for him when he stands up to stretch and scratch on it at the same time. The scratcher came in two pieces, the base and post were wrapped separately in the box along with the hardware to put it together. Putting the base and post together took two minutes, it shows you which side the seam of the post needs to go on, then once it is in place you just need to drill (or screw) in four screws then you are done!

The post is heavy duty and weights about three or four pounds so it is light enough to re-locate to a new spot in the house when ever you'd like to move it but heavy enough that your cat won't be able to knock it over. The post itself is infused with the scent of organic catnip & is wrapped in incredibly durable + natural sisal fibers.It feels kind of like thick carpeting, I was a bit worried his claws might get stuck in the fibers but he hasn't had any issues so far and seems to be enjoying the post. I don't think it is heavily scented with the organic catnip scent as it took him a while to want to use this post but once he did he has used it every day since. The base is made from real wood so it has that nice wood scent to it when you first open it, I also liked that they offered different colors so that you can pick which suits your house better.


If you want something a bit more than just a post Tuft + Paw has several other scratching posts, beds, tress and more all ranging in price and activity level.


24 comments:

Mathew Alexander said...

Hi very interesting post.
I also have a blog you might find something useful

http://therigas.com

Unknown said...

Awe I miss out cat. She passed last summer after 15 years.

Eve Poetry said...

How fun that your cat was the beneficiary of this test! Cute photos! I have 2 kitties of my own, and they make life so sweet!

Neil Alvin Nicerio said...

Interesting. I'm not a cat person but I find this article helpful.

Unknown said...

I know a lot of people who have cats this would be very helpful for them! Thanks for the review!

Monidipa said...

I do not have cat because they dont like me. I am a dog person... However, I must say that you write very well.....

Maria Mendezona said...

ahhh so this is what a life with cats look like. We currently don't have pets at the moment but I'm trying to weigh out cats or dogs when the kids are older

StrongIslandSocial said...

Tuft + Paw Scratch post sounds like a great thing for cats and cat lovers out there. Keshia Richmond

indra k said...

Useful shopping tips for cat lovers. Your review will certainly help them with product options.

One and Half backpacks said...

Useful, my friend has 3 cats I think I will show it to her :D

JustSultanTO said...

Thanks for sharing this informative post.

Sultan

Unknown said...

My parents have a cat.i will share this with them

Ellen said...

Naww your cat is sooo adorable! This will be so helpful when I get a cat in the future.

vaishali said...

I don’t have any pets but I am sure this is great for your cat

aisasami said...

I have to recommend this to my coworker, she loves cats and loves her own.

Binge on Basics said...

I am not a cat person at all but I enjoyed reading this post

The Travel Bunny said...

Wow, I never thought there were this many things to consider when getting a scratching post. Then again, I don't have a cat. But maybe someday.. :D

Blair Villanueva said...

Wow your pet seems so spoiled having its own scratching post :) He looks adorable!

Jessica w said...

I don't have any cats but my mom and dad do and their cats live like royalty They have a scratching post but theirs is smaller.

Marvel Mom! said...

Looks awesome!

Laura said...

Your cat is adorable! Super cute. We have two cats and they love their scratching posts!

Unknown said...

I like the chic look of the scratcher.

Alandre said...

I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

oh, praise the mighty lord mark!! Thank you for telling us your life story as a comment on a cat scratcher. Perhaps Lord Mark can help me become rich so I can buy cat scratchers.