Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Get your Bookworm on with Candlewick Press!

**This was not a paid post. My honest opinions were used, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by Candlewick Press for the review  free of charge.**



Being a big bookworm at heart I always enjoy giving books as gifts to family members and friends I know love books as well. This year Candlewick Press sent us some great books that would make wonderful gifts and I wanted to share them with you here!

Retail: $24.99





I have to admit I have never read The Jungle Book but I enjoy the movie so I was pretty excited to see this in the box of books I received. This book contains five different stories; Before mother wolf was a mother, she was a fighter - Bagheera's Cage - Baloo's Courage - Kaa's Dance & Mowglli. Through out the book you'll find dozens of beautifully drawn and color illustrations including small butterflies on the pages and more. Each story ranges in length but none are shorter than 30 pages so you will get quite a bit of reading time out of this book. As a bonus it has a bookmark attached to help you keep your place.


Retail: $19.99





Brain game books are always a lot of fun because they help keep you on your toes and keep your mind active. You can read them on your own or you can have someone sit next to you and see who can find the answers the fastest. This book is filled with find games which are similar to "Where's Waldo?" each page features a different theme such as Bikes, Ships, Light houses etc and it will ask you to locate two things. As an example the bike page I've shown you above asks you "Which bicycle is hanging by only one string?" & "Find a hidden pair of scissors to cut the bicycle free". Some of the pages are a bit harder than the others but it is a lot of fun trying to look for the answers. If you are having a hard time locating the correct spot you can find all the answers in the back of the book.

This is a fun book for all ages and would make a great gift anytime of the year.

Retail: $22.00



This book is HUGE and I don't mean that it is a thick book page wise, I mean the book itself measures 16" x 17 7/8". It is pretty neat seeing and reading a book that is so big but there are also two problems with it being this large, one it is a pain in the butt to store on most normal bookshelves and two the corners have been getting beat up since we don't have anywhere to properly store it.

The back of the book recommends this for ages 3-7 , however I'd say it is better suited for ages 2-5. This is a great picture book but aside from naming all of the different objects and places you'd see in a city there is no story to this book. Each illustration is colorful and fun to look over, I also like the different ways they incorporated the word on each page into the images themselves.



7 comments:

Jessica w said...

My kids are a little to old for these books. My niece would probably like them

Marvel Mom! said...

Into the jungle looks awesome!

Laura said...

Around The World In 80 Puzzles looks awesome! That's very unique!

Stephanie LaPlante said...

All of these books look like wonderful gifts to give to loved ones. The jungle book was one of my favorite stories growing up. I had a book that was very similar to that one.

Rhonda said...

Wonderful for both of my nephews! Love great books for them...

Unknown said...

I want that around the world book.

Alandre said...

I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com