Thursday, September 27, 2018

Enjoy Magnificent Unicorns with Candlewick Press.

**This was not a paid post. My honest opinions were used, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by Candlewick Press for the review  free of charge.**





 Magnificent Birds by Narisa Togo - Retail Price $20.00

One of my favorite things is birds so I was quite excited when Candlewick Press sent me a book called Magnificent Birds. Instead of being a story book this is a fun birds facts book which gives you a break from your typical fact books that can be slightly boring for kids. Each bird has a two page spread which features a beautiful sketched image that look like a watercolor painting along with a bit of information about that bird. None of the pages are longer than two paragraphs, keeping everything short and sweet yet to the point. You'll find fourteen different birds featured in this book. The suggested age range for this book is 10-14 but I think it suits any age.





Do You Believe in Unicorns? by Bethanie Deeney Murguia- Retail Price $14.99

When I was younger I preferred dragons and gargoyles over Unicorns but now I love them all the same and have found myself drawn to cute unicorn products lately so this book was a cute surprise.



This fun and whimsical book is about a horse who enjoys wearing a tall red hat and the mystery of if the horse is hiding something under that hat. Could it be a horn? Maybe he was just having a messy hair day and didn't want everyone to see it. The story follows him along on his activities during the day then at the end you get to see what he was hiding under his hat. The pastels used in the illustrations of this book were pleasing to the eye. Do You Believe in Unicorns is short, each page contains one sentence so this book is perfect for younger kids just learning to read, the suggested age range is 3-7.











2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like two great books for kids, my daughters would be most interested in the unicorn book.

Unknown said...

I love seeing these book review posts.