Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Candlewick Press Review!

**This was not a paid post. My honest opinions were used, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by Candlewick Press for the review free of charge.**


Candlewick Press offers dozens of great family and kid friendly books for all occasions. I was recently asked if I wanted to review a selection of Christmas related books and of course I said yes, my kids and I love getting new books. I recently received five great books from them, I will tell you about three of them below and the other two will be on a separate post to help keep the review for getting too long. All of these books can be found on Amazon and at Barnes & Nobles for purchasing.



Red & Lulu - I was immediately drawn to this book because of the Cardinals on the front, Cardinals were one of my great grandmothers favorite birds because she loved the color red so this book reminded me of her and our holiday memories. This book is written by Matt Tavares and retails for $17.99. Red & Lulu is forty pages long and features a number of beautiful illustrations that were done in watercolor and gouache. The story is about a pair of birds that live in a giant evergreen tree and is the story about what happens to them once their beloved tree is taken away. I admit I was a little saddened by the start of the book but it had a happy ending and everything worked out alright. The last page also provided some educational information on the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.



Elf In The House - This book is thirty-two pages long and retails for $15.99. The book follows the adventures of a magical night when a little girl is waken by the sound of jingling bells downstairs. The book will take you on a trip through the house to see what visitors have stopped by for Christmas. This is a great book for small children and would make a great book for new readers to read by themselves. It is written by Ammi-Joan Paquette and illustrated by Adam Record. The way the character illustrations stand out remind me of some of the new childrens TV shows with how it is colored and outlined. I was going to save this one for our Elf on the shelf to bring with her during the start of December but I wasn't sneaky enough hiding it and the kids saw it but they absolutely loved it and thought it was great.



           

The Christmas Fairy - This book is so darn cute! It is written by Anne Booth and illustrated by Rosalind Beardshaw. This cute book is about a group of school ages faeries who are practicing standing still, and being quite so they can stand on a tree being a Christmas Fairy. One of the little faeries isn't like the others, she likes to wiggle and sing and this story is about her and her journey to becoming a Christmas Fairy. We really like the illustrations and we look forward to reading this during the holidays.I highly suggest this book as a Christmas gift for any little girl in your life. This book sells for $15.99 and is thirty-two pages long.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

The Christmas Fairy looks like such a cute book =)

Unknown said...

Those are really adorable

amanda whitley said...

i love their books, really good quality and great illustrations