Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Silver Dolphin Book Review!

**This was not a paid post. My honest opinions were used, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by Silver Dolphin for the review free of charge.**

Reading has always been a big passion of mine, I remember being curled up on the sofa or in my bed reading a book for hours when I was younger. Now that I am older and I work full time I don't have as much time to read as I use to but I always try to put time aside to read with my kids who are eight and four. I was recently sent a few books for review from the publisher Silver Dolphin which can be viewed below.



Woodworks Nursery Rhymes: Wheels on the Bus & Woodworks Nursery Rhymes: Old MacDonald Had a Farm; These fun sets not only come with a chunky board book, but they come with either a wooden rolling school bus or a wooden tractor depending on which nursery rhyme they are for and a play mat to go along with the book all packaged inside of a carrying case. The book has eight pages which are printed front and back and each page has a different verse of the song along with a matching illustration. The book measures 4"x3" which is perfect for small hands, because it is easy to hold and the pages won't tear easily because they aren't made from paper. The mat is made from a thin plastic and it looks similar to one of those town rugs you can get for playrooms and measures about 22"x17". Each set retails for $13.99 and can be bought through Amazon or Barnes & Nobles.

My son has been having fun playing with the Wheels on the bus set and thinks the play mat is a great addition. The Old MacDonald set I sent to my godson who lives in another state and he has been having a ton of fun with the little wooden bus that comes with the set. Both sets make great birthday or holiday gift for the toddler in your life.


           

Dig,Dig,Digger! This is such a fun book, it combines cute illustrations with six different sounds sure to entertain your kiddo. Each page has one sound on it that goes with the illustration for that page and each page has 1-2 sentences on it that are easy for toddlers to read along with. I love the bright colors and all the different animals each page has in store, I can see this being a book that will quickly become a favorite of the child who owns it. This book retails for $14.99 and can be bought through Amazon or Barnes & Nobles.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

My grandson would love these!

Unknown said...

So cute

Bonita62 said...

Great gift ideas!

TC said...

These look great!! my son would love this.

Stephanie LaPlante said...

These books look super adorable!

Unknown said...

Aww what cute books!

finditforu said...

These are the cutest books...and so nice and durable for a little kid....and reading is so important and starting early is key

desitheblonde said...

i like those kind of book for kid they are easy to read

Dustykatt said...

These are great. I love books and always give them to the grandkids. Even the babies. They get teething books.

Unknown said...

Great gifts for kids, my son would love the construction book

Unknown said...

I looked at their site and these look like books my kids would love.

Stephanie Grant said...

My little nephew would get a kick out of these books!