Monday, January 30, 2017

Mantry Review!

****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by Mantry for the review  free of charge.****


Some guys can be a real pain in the butt to shop for especially if you don't know them well, but one thing almost everyone can agree on that they like is food. So why not purchase them a box from Mantry which is a men's inspired food subscription box. What I like about this box that sets it apart from other "snack" type subscription's is that this isn't a snack box, yes from time to time it does come with what would be considered a snack item but it also comes with products that you can use while cooking.



Each box comes inside a small wooden crate with packing filler to keep everything in place and prevent any glass products from breaking. I like that the package is nice to either reuse for another purpose or you can easily take it apart to dispose of it. I haven't quite figured out what I would like to use it for yet, but I will think of something. So let's get down to the meat of the review shall we? The box we received for my fiance to review came with the following products: Pink House Alchemy Sarsparilla syrup, Granola Jones spice-a-delic granola, Fox point farm goat milk caramels, a Raaka chocolate bourbon cask aged chocolate bar,Red Clay hot sauce bourbon barrel aged verde hot sauce, and Parma sausage dry cured pepperoni. The theme for this box was "South in your mouth" and it sure did deliver! Every item included was packed full of flavor, and there was nothing in this box that we've tried before so it was nice to get a box that was completely new to us.



I do have to admit though that I myself didn't really enjoy the goat milk caramels or the bourbon chocolate mainly just because I don't like any hint of alcohol in my foods because I've never really been a drink it makes me sick to my stomach and when they say it is bourbon chocolate you really can taste the bourbon. However on the same note the verde hot sauce I couldn't really taste the bourbon flavor in so it was pretty good, the dry cured pepperoni was also quite delicious. I feel like they did a good job at selecting the products that went into this crate and I love that they provide you with an information sheet that shows you where the products comes from along with information on it. If you would like to subscribe to Mantry they deliver one box that contains six full size products bi-monthly and subscriptions start at $59 for a single box so you are looking at an average value of $10 per item included in the box. Mantry donates 1% of sales to City Harvest, helping rescue over 20 tons of food and redistributing it to families in need of good, fresh food.



19 comments:

Juli said...

Never knew something like this existed. Thanks for the info!

Unknown said...

My husband would love this.

Unknown said...

I like the mixture of food they put into the box.

Unknown said...

I would love this

pcaradonna said...

Very interesting items that my husband would enjoy. Probably too spicy and hot for me.

Unknown said...

I like the variety!

Stephanie LaPlante said...

Thanks for the awesome idea. I'd love this myself!

Susan Biddle said...

Looks like a great box for a guy, and yes they ARE difficult to shop for if you don't know them well.

Unknown said...

I like a Raaka chocolate bourbon cask aged chocolate bar.

Ashley Bree said...

Thank you for the review!

louisamay29 said...

intersting - thanks for the review

Susan P. said...

I'm not sure about the products in this specific box, but the concept is a good one for hard-to-shop-for guys.

Unknown said...

I know my sons would love these.

Unknown said...

this sounds like a great product, would love to try it

Jennifer H. said...

These look fun!

John H. said...

This would be great to get or give as a gift.

Dana said...

This sounds like something my dad would enjoy! Love all these boxes on the market...seems I discover a new one each day!

Unknown said...

This is super cool. Love all these subscription boxes. Thanks for sharing this.

Ireon Williams said...

Thanks for sharing