Saturday, January 21, 2017

Glossique Nail Wraps Review!

****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others. The products mentioned below have been provided by the Glossique for the review free of charge.****



 I enjoy having my nails look nice but I have to admit aside from painting a base and adding maybe a top layer and a few nail decals I am not good at nail art so when I want something extra cute or fancy I turn to nail wraps to rescue me. Some nail wraps are a huge pain in the butt because you have to heat them up, but that isn't the case with these nail wraps by Glossique. These nail wraps do not require heat in order to apply and there is an easy process to apply them. Each sheet comes with nineteen wraps, which is enough for applying two sets to your nails because when you cut them in half each side of the sheet is enough for one set. To apply themyou'll need to first push your cuticles back, I generally like to trim mine but you don't have to do that. Next you'll need to wipe them with acetone (nail polish remover pads will do) because less oil will help the wrap stick better, however if you are like me and don't like the smell of nail polish remover this step isn't 100% necessary, I skipped this step and mine stuck quite nicely.





After pushing your cuticle back and wiping your nails off you will need to select the size wrap you need for each finger, You may trim the sides to make it more narrow if needed (I found I didn't need to cut anything off aside from the tip due to the wrap being longer than my finger nails). It is better to have the nail deco narrow on your nail vs. being too wide. It is ok for your natural nail to slightly show on the sides. It says you shouldn't touch the underside of the wrap too much because you don't want the oils from your skin to get onto the wrap so gently removing the wrap and placing it onto your nail is the best, then simply smooth it out over your nail and cut off any extra sticking off your nail. I found these wraps easy to apply, and if you run into any issue with smoothly them out it is easy to do you will need to gently lift the wrap back up and re-smooth it back down to help smooth any ridges out. I received a set of candy cane wraps and a snowflake/snowstorm set and I love them both! The Candy cane set I used as an accent nail set during the holidays and I am currently using the snowstorm set, I think it looks like blue flames because of how bright and pretty the wraps are.  The sticky side looks like snake scales and is pretty sticky to help keep it on your nails and the wraps are pretty durable and water proof. To remove simply grab the wrap by the corner and peel it off then wipe your nails off with a nail polish remover pad to remove any extra stickiness left behind. Each set cost $14.95 and they sell a large assortment of designs, if you are looking for something specific they separate everything into different categories on their website to make it easier for you to find what you're looking for.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

My wife would love these I will have to purchase a set or two for her for Valentines day.

Unknown said...

Oooo that blue wrap looks very pretty now I want a set!

Edye Nicole said...

These look awesome! :)

Dana said...

How neat! Your nails look amazing!

Maryann D. said...

Glossique Nail Wraps are wonderful! I love the colors and styles.
twinkle at optonline dot net

laurie nykaza said...

I love the nail wraps they are so pretty my daughter has used some and just loves them I will have to give them a try too.

Ireon Williams said...

That blue looks so cute!

cwrliars said...

Went to glossique.com to place an order and I got an error message. Hope the company didn't close down. Their wraps were fantastic!