Sunday, February 14, 2016

January '16 LootCrate Review!

****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by LootCrate for the review free of charge.****


I only liked half  of the January LootCrate box but my mother absolutely loved the half I didn't like, the theme for the month was "Invasion" and it featured a number of alien related products including a few X-files themed items. My mother was a big fan of The X-files when I was younger, but if I am being completely honest I didn't like one of the episodes scared me when I was little and after that I wanted nothing to do with that show.





The January box featured a X-files themed T-shirt, a Face hugger plush, a Space Invaders mini alien vinyl figure, a X-files flash light, a Multipass from the Fifth Element, a large rubber band, a set of batteries (for the flashlight), two mini posters and the monthly collectable pin.





My kids grabbed the face hugger right away because they thought he was cute and cuddly, if only they knew what face huggers were really like I don't think they would have been so fast to grab him and squish their face onto him. My favorite item was the Multipass, The Fifth Element was one of my favorite movies growing up and this brought back all the laughs and excitement I remember from watching the movie and it also made me want to watch it again since it's been a few years since I've played it.





I also love the mini posters, the images are crisp and clear and the colors are bright and vibrant, I can't wait to get frames for these and hang them up in my hallway. The flashlight I received in my box was broken and does not work, on the inside of the flashlight it is missing one of the metal springs that helps hold the batteries in and finishes the connection from one end to the other so that was slightly disappointing because I can use a flash light for my car. LootCrate is also stepping up their monthly collectible pin game, this month instead of having the small round metal pin which can easily break they had a sturdy metal pin which has more texture and shape to it then how they previously were, along with that each months pin unlocks something digital online. I am not completely sure what the rubber band is for, I think it was added to my box on accident since it doesn't go with any of the other goodies in the box and the monthly magazine didn't say anything about it.

LootCrate ships to the US,Canada,The United Kingdom and Australia. Loot Crate is $13.95 a month [plus $6 S/H] the site guarantees $30+ worth of goodies in your box You can sign up for just a one time box or you can sign up for 6 months to a years worth of boxes & you can use the code “LunaMoon10” you will receive 10% off of your purchase price. What do you think might be in Next months box?

21 comments:

Unknown said...

X-Files themed things, that's fun. Interesting items.

Mami2jcn said...

The price is pretty reasonable.

Marta Fernandes said...

I like

Helena Oops said...

Great review!
the price is nice!
http://helenamybeauty.over-blog.com/

Sarah Hayes said...

I like the price for this box. very cool!

Unknown said...

What a cool box..it looks very interesting. I love Lootcrate.

Cheryl said...

I like the yellow stuffed toy.

Maryann D. said...

My nephew would love LootCrate. He is so into all these things and would enjoy it.
twinkle at optonline dot net

Unknown said...

Superhero theme probably since this years are full with Superhero! =D

Meegan said...

I know a few little boys who would love LootCrate! These boxes are getting more and more creative!

Judy Thomas said...

I love that face hugger plush! lol

Unknown said...

Those posters are pretty nice! Great for any movie buff.

Shannon O. said...

This looks fun.

LauraJJ said...

Oh that looks like such a fun subscription!

Unknown said...

OMG, that face hugger is too adorable!

Jessica C said...

That looks awesome ! , i love the hugger face , so cute !

Unknown said...

I wasn't a big fan of X-files either but this looks like a fun box.

debbie said...

I love the x files. The loot crate looks fantastic and not too expensive which is good interesting review :)

Unknown said...

I had heard people talking about Lootcrate before but never knew what it was. There are certainly alot of goodies in the box.

Unknown said...

I loved the X-Files, and all this paraphrenalia and am glad they are bringing back the series

Betsy Barnes said...

Betsy Rubendall Barnes
bbpinktaz60 (at) gmail (dot) com

I love this, huge X-Files fans in my house!