Sunday, September 6, 2015

BetterBox Review!

****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others. The products mentioned below have been provided by
BetterBox for the review free of charge.****



Everyone could use a little extra treat in their life from time to time and a company called BetterBox is here to help you reach that goal. BetterBox is built on the principle that we can all build better lives—and a better world—through simple positive deeds, performed regularly.




The box I received contained a smiley face sugar cookie, a small box of tea, a heart shaped note pad, a few greeting cards, a small glass tube of bath salts and a small clay stone that says Gratitude. Once you receive your box it has several small notes included the first is your welcome letter which tells you how to unlock your seven-day quest which is where they will email you a task to do once a day that has something to do with one of the items in your box. Everything was packaged well and gives you a warm feeling right off the bath because they are all lovely items and can all be used as a way to relax.















Day number one included a mind map which included the following exercises to fill out "I am Grateful for." "Because they have these qualities" "Which reminds me to be grateful for these". Day two wanted us to send a note of appreciation to a friend or loved one, which I love because I enjoy sending cards. Day three you are instructed to relax and enjoy a cup of tea, I am not a huge fan of tea so I let someone I know who likes tea drink this while I enjoyed an iced coffee and we relaxed together. Day four we were told to go to our happy place, a place for which we are extremely grateful. We were to spend 30 minutes there in quiet appreciation and leave our gratitude stone behind for someone to find.

Day four reminds me of a stone my fiance and I used to have that said "love" and was used as a game of hide and seek, sadly one of us hid it so well we never found it again even after we moved. Day five asked you to perform an act of kindness, I had no problem fulfilling this because I am always trying to do random acts of kindness when ever I can. Day six we were to use 5 of our sticky notes, write all the things we are grateful for on them and post them somewhere we would see them on a regular basis, I placed them where my fiance could see them as well because I am grateful for him and our children. Day seven was the last day and you were instructed to relax in the bath with your bath salts! Over all I think this is a well thought out box and think that these will do extremely well because not only do they hold wonderful items but it gives you something fun to do and look forward to during the entire time you have this box. I received the seven day sample box the normal boxes last for twenty one days, and they have different themed boxes which each have their own set of activities and products. Boxes are $34 each but you can save 30% by signing up for a subscription instead of a single box.

17 comments:

Misty Woods said...

This sounds like a great idea, I think my mother would enjoy this.

Jenna H said...

I really like the concept of these boxes. They have a pay it forward box too! I love spreading kindness.

Kim Newcomb said...

I really like this idea!

Cheryl said...

This subscription box looks like fun, especially the smiley face cookies.

ouzel said...

Oooh you could eat the cookie and drink the tea while taking a relaxing bath with the salts!
Awesome!

salexis said...

What a perfect gift Idea!

Amy Heffernan said...

How cute. Really neat idea for yourself or for a gift!

Marnie G (Derrick Todd) said...

What a great idea for a box! I like the principle of the box and think its great that it came with a smiley face cookie.

Natalie B. said...

I truly love this subscription box! Such a cool idea to have daily good for the soul tasks. LOVE! Thank-you for sharing this. :)

Unknown said...

This is a really awesome idea.

Christy DuBois said...

I have not heard of these until this post and they sound so neat. I enjoy sending and receiving snail mail and it's sad that sometimes I need something such as this to prompt me to stop and take the time to do so. I think this is a great box.

Unknown said...

I like the thought behind this.

Sara said...

This looks like a great box, thanks.

Unknown said...

This seems like a fabulous box to get.

Colleen Boudreau said...

What a cool idea!

Lisa Walker said...

I LOVE this idea! I think it would be a great gift for my daughters.

tat2gurlzrock said...

This is such an awesome and unique idea!