Thursday, August 17, 2023

Museum of Illusions a silly & fun time!

 


If you are looking for a fun & quirky way to spend an hour or two with loved ones, or a fun place to go on a date you should look to see if you have a Museum of Illusions near you. We recently went to check out the Museum of Illusions in Scottsdale & it was such a unique experience. First  before I get into telling you more about the illusions, I wanted to note that if you are worried about how many people will be there when you visit, there is good news, they sell the tickets with time slots. There is a certain amount of tickets sold for each time slot to help prevent the museum from becoming too full at any point in time during the day. There is no rule to how long you can stay, you just need to check in at your designated time. You can look at all of the illusions & take photos in order of how everything is set up, or if a spot is busy and you don't want to wait you can move on then back track to anything you missed. Tickets are $24.95 per adult & $18.95 per child, it is located at the Arizona Boardwalk. 

We went early in the morning; it was slightly busy when we arrived however it didn't seem like it as we were walking through, we arrived just as a group were about to finish up and they had left by the time we wander over to the last section of the museum. There wasn't really a long wait for any of the illusions, so it was nice being able to take our time and go at our own pace. If you were to stay & sit at each puzzle until they were completed you'd significantly increase your time spent here furthering the value of what you spent on admission. We tried out a few of the wooden puzzles but didn't stay to complete them. I'd say in total we were there for around an hour looking at everything they had to offer. They also have a small gift shop where they sell an assortment of puzzles similar to what they have for you to do in the museum. They do not however have a bathroom, there is one located a short walk from the building which you are allowed to visit & return back to the museum without any issues - just let a staff member know you will be back. 

I like that they offered a variety of interactive puzzles, illusions to look at and photo opportunities. They had a small plaque with instructions next to each spot, and if you were to have any issues with seeing an illusion or trying to capture one in a photo a staff member was there to help you. As for the puzzles you will try to complete, there is a QR code you can scan that will take you to a Youtube video showing you how to complete the puzzle. The QR codes are helpful if you get stuck & want to complete the puzzle before moving on. The only thing I would change about the section is having the addition of a small photo next to the puzzle to show what it should look like completed so you at least have a starting point. We had a few employees ask if we were having a good time while we were walking around, otherwise the staff will leave you be to explore everything. 

They had a wide variety of illusions to try out, but out of all of them I would hands down say my favorite was the infinity room. Not only was it fun to do silly dances and see all the mirror reflections of yourself doing the same thing, but the celling was decorated with flowers, so it felt like you were in an endless garden. My least favorite was the vortex tunnel they had; it is similar to the spinning tunnels they have at carnivals sometime but as I've gotten older my brain just doesn't like the spinning rooms. My husband and kids had a fantastic time going through it a few times. With the tunnel spinning around you it makes you almost feel as if you were on a boat out at sea. I did however like the color and how the tunnel was lit. The spot they had set up to look like you were dangling off of a balcony with someone above trying to help you or acting like they are scared created a lot of laughs as well. It took a minute to photograph it properly, but we had a lot of laughs while doing it. Even though I do not believe the illusions ever change, I would visit again.

If you were to visit alone, some of the spots would be a little challenging to capture yourself so the staff members & more than happy to help you take a few photos. So even if you are a solo adventurer don't be afraid of paying the museum a visit. 

There were guests of all ages having fun, there is no age limit to being able to enjoy this museum. I also like that it is in a convenient area where there are several other family friendly attractions so you can make a whole day out of it. I have a lot of photos of the museum along with the illusions, I have too many to post them all here so I will be sharing more photos from our visit on my Instagram account if you want to check them out. 

🌵 If you live in Arizona check out the "Things to do in Arizona" section of my blog to find entertainment, restaurants, vacation spots & more. 

Disclaimer- Tickets to the center + exhibit mentioned above were provided by The Arizona Boardwalk + Museum of Illusions for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

24 comments:

Antoinette M said...

Wow...what a fun place to visit!

alita said...

I love that they offer interactive exhibits that will show both kids and adults, museums can be fun, as well as educational.

Marie Cris Angeles said...

Wow! Just wow! I'm always amazed at this kind of museum. Looks so real. Love all your photos.

Chad said...

oh wow! The museum seems super interesting! I would love to go there with my son, I know he'd love it...Thank you so much for sharing.

Tammy said...

That actually looks quite cool and fun especially for the younger ones. Museums are just a lot of fun to explore...I used to love days we'd spend out there going to local ones.

Sue-Tanya said...

Unveiling the world of optical wonders! Looking for a unique and offbeat way to bond with your loved ones or spark up a fun date? Look no further than the Museum of Illusions – it's a treasure trove of amusement waiting to be explored.

Kimberley A said...

I absolutely love musea like these, but unfortunately we don’t have this one near us. We do visit the Glazer Museum every month. My kids love it too.

Debbie said...

What a cool place! Your pictures really showcase the fun and uniqueness of the Museum of Illusions in Scottsdale. I would really enjoy visiting and taking some fun pictures, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh my this looks like a lot of fun. This would be a great place to visit on our next family vacay.

Lasonia G

Monidipa said...

Your Museum of Illusions experience sounds amazing! Your detailed account of the visit, from the time slots to interactive puzzles, provides such helpful insights. I'm eager to explore the illusions, especially the infinity room you loved. Your review makes me want to visit and have a fun day out!

Bright loveland snow said...

What a wonderful museum. It's going be a fun visit for my son. My next plan. Thanks for sharing

richard Lowe said...

These kinds of museums are amazing. There's are several illusions like this in Calico Ghost town that fascinated me as a kid.

Rachel said...

Ah, a museum where reality gets as twisted as a pretzel at a carnival! Sounds like a must visit

Yeah Lifestyle said...

This looks like so much fun. We have a similar museum in London called the Twist Museum that is also full of optical illusions.

Ntensibe Edgar said...

Nnniiccceeee...I would love to visit a museum soon. I guess this will be a good one to start with!

Jupiter Hadley said...

I love the photos you got at the museum! It seems not so crowded and very fun for all ages - thank you for sharing.

Monidipa said...

What a fantastic and detailed account of your visit to the Museum of Illusions! Your descriptions of the illusions and your experience really bring the place to life. It's clear you had a blast exploring and taking photos. Your insights and tips make me want to visit too!

alita said...

This is indeed a fun & quirky way to spend time with the kids. Theyve never been to a tricky museum like this!

Beth said...

They have so many tricky and fun stuff in the museum. its surely fun for the kids!

Barbie Ritzman said...

It looks like a lot of fun for families and kids. You captured some great photos, and the head on the plate is priceless.

Ebony said...

They just opened one of these in Charlotte and it was sooo much fun! Our family had a blast! Good to know there's one in Arizona too. I'll have to visit theirs next time we're in town!

Marysa said...

Such a unique place to visit. Sounds very interesting, and fun for adults too. I'd love to go as a family.

khoingn | The Broad Life said...

This looks so fun. I'm sure my kids will love this place if they visit it.

Catnerine Shane Rojo said...

This museum seems nice to visit. I would love to go there sometime, it's a perfect place to spend time with kids!