Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Check out the Spaltter room at Pinspiration!

 

The best kind of mess, is the mess that you don't have to personally clean up! If you are looking for a way to unwind a bit, make a mess and then leave with a souvenir of your time then you should check out the splatter rooms at Pinspiration in Mesa,AZ. Pinspiration is a craft store that has a wide range of crafting supplies & craft kits set up to where you can pick out a project, & then complete it in store. You can craft without having to worry about running out of supplies or not having something on hand that you need. One of the biggest draws for me is their Splatter room, where you can hang up a canvas or even a shirt on the wall then use paint & paint brushes to splatter, flick and splash paint onto your project. The store was packed full of fun projects to work on & they even had a small food area where you can order items such as DIY cupcakes, smores, and drinks to upgrade your experience. 


The cost of your experience will depend on the size or type of canvas you would like along with the type of paint used. Regular experiences with a 12x12 canvas + protective gear & one hour in the splatter room start at $35 per person. Regular paints are cheaper than if you were to do a glow paint or fabric paint. While we were leaving, I saw a girl prepping a canvas bag to use in the splatter room which sounds like a fantastic idea as well. How are you & your clothing protected? You will be provided with a poncho, a pair of gloves, shoe booties to cover your feet and are provided with protective eyewear if you choose to wear them. I opted not to wear the googles, they started fogging up a little & I knew I wasn't going to go overly crazy to where I would be splashing paint back into my own face. For our experience we each received a 12x9 canvas along with some glow paint to use with the black lights on. For my canvas I requested one that had already been painted black, they also have white which you can use as is or use a solid color to paint the base then splatter over that. 

It takes only a few minutes to store your personal belongings then get into your protective gear, everything else will already be set up in the room for you. You & your group will be in the splatter room by yourselves so you can shut the door & turn the black light on and off as you please. Inside of the room you'll also find a wash station for when you need it, tape so you can tape off areas of your canvas you wish to leave unpainted, extra brushes along with a fan to help keep you cool plus an Alexa you can request to play music for you. We did the splatter room as part of our staycation girls weekend my mom, my daughter & I did together. We found the experience to be a lot of fun, we enjoyed the paint colors they had to choose from and each one of us left with a unique piece that fit our personal colors and preferences. I also really enjoyed having the Alexa in the room, it was a blast playing some of our favorite songs while we splattered away. 

Depending on the weather & how much paint you add to the canvas your drying time will vary. I didn't put nearly as much paint on mine as my daughter did so mine only took a few hours to dry, but her painting took a bit longer. So keep this in mind & be prepared to carry the wet canvases home in your vehicle, they will provide you with a sheet of brown paper to place under your canvas to help protect yourself & your car a little more. When we got home my son enjoyed using his black light spy pen on the paintings to see the black light paints shine. I need to get a small black light to hang above these in the hallway so we can light them up at night when it is dark out. 

Does this sound like an experience you would enjoy? Would you prefer to do a canvas, or something else?

🌵 If you live in Arizona check out the "Things to do in Arizona" section of my blog to find entertainment, restaurants, vacation spots & more. 

Disclaimer- The experience mentioned above was provided by Pinspiration for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

21 comments:

Kimberley Asante said...

That looks so cool. I love painting and would love to have a room available to just splatter my paint around. Looks like a fun experience. I would definitely prefer this over a canvas.

bright loveland snow said...

wow, what a lovely brush of colours. so beautiful how i wish to have those painting displayed in room.

richard Lowe said...

interesting way to help with anxiety. I paint fantasy miniatures myself.

Cinny said...

That looks pretty fun to do. I'd probably go with my kiddos so they can make all the mess they want but not at home...LOL!

mail4rosey said...

This is something my daughter would love oh so much. I think it would be fun to do a canvas.

Nyxie said...

This is so cool! I love the look of this place and would love to get involved it were closer to home.

alita said...

This is such a great way to unwind for a bit. Im down to visit this place!

beth said...

Oh wow, Ive never been to any splatter rooms like this. I would love to experience it though.

Anonymous said...

This is so fun! I would really enjoy being in the room with my group and turn on the black light for a fun experience!

Debbie

Monidipa said...

What a fantastic and lively account of your experience at Pinspiration's splatter rooms! Your detailed description and excitement about crafting without the worry of supplies is infectious. The inclusion of protective gear, music, and black lights made the whole adventure even more enjoyable. Thanks for sharing this joyful and creative outing!

Kat said...

Your description made it sound like such a fun and creative experience. Thanks for sharing the details, and keep those cool recommendations coming

Ntensibe Edgar said...

Ah yes, for sure! I would love my turn on the canvas for this outcome. I am not a great artist but painting gives me so much peace.

Zab Zaria said...

Having the opportunity to do something like that sounds like so much fun and creativity.

Jupiter Hadley said...

Oh wow this is such a fun idea! I love the splatter painted walls too - great for photos.

Yeah Lifestyle said...

Oh my goodness, I would love to do this. What a great idea. This really looks like a lot of fun!

Sue-Tanya said...

Wow, Pinspiration in Mesa, AZ sounds like an absolute blast! 🎨💥 The idea of making a creative mess without the worry of cleaning up is a dream come true. The splatter rooms sound like an exhilarating experience where you can let your inner artist run wild and leave with a personalized masterpiece.

Melanie said...

LOVE THIS!!! What a cool way to paint and let your hair down so to speak. Creativeness and coffee shop cafes just go together perfectly xx

Tammy said...

Looks like a really cool place to check out. I think art rooms are a lot of fun and would love to do something like this!

Monidipa said...

Your experience at Pinspiration in Mesa, AZ, sounds incredibly fun! I appreciate your detailed account, from the splatter room setup to the protective gear. It's a unique and creative outing idea. Thanks for sharing your adventure!

Celebrate Woman said...

This is a great and very unique experience. I see it for the first time. And doing it with your family is one of the best memory-making things!

Khushboo said...

It looks like a good experience. This is so new for me. You must have an amazing experience there.