Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Earthen Skincare Review!

 

Summer is here which means hotter weather & if you are a pool bug it means more time being out in the sun, which can lead to dry spots on your skin. Keeping hydrated & using the right sunscreen + skincare products can be a huge help with helping your skin look its best. I recently received two products from a skincare brand called Earthen Skincare & have a short review of those products to share with you. 

The first is their repair & lift which is their anti-wrinkle moisturizing serum. Right off the bat the first thing I liked about this product is there is no scent to it, sometimes it bugs me when a skincare product has too many perfumy additives, so no scent is preferable. It also absorbs into the skin right away without leaving your skin feeling greasy, slimy or oily which is also a big plus for multiple skin types. A little goes a long way, one pump of this is enough for half of my face so this bottle should last me quite a while. The little cap/plug it comes with for the pump is also nice, I decided to keep it and put it back in after using it to help prevent any hard build up like lotions get. My skin feels soft and moisturized after using this and I look forward to seeing more results from this after using it for a longer period of time. 


The second product I received was the Instantpeel Exfoliant. You'll use the instant peel in the shower so that the steam will help in the process of removing dead skin cells. The instant peel I originally thought was going to be a gel but it is more of a liquidy lotion consistency. The real question is, does it work? Okay so this is a tough one for me, it is always a bummer when I don't like a product then have to write about it. But, it is always good to know pros and cons though so here we go. The formula itself is a little too much of a water consistency, I checked out some reviews on amazon (it has great reviews on there) and noticed someone mention that the product quality has changed, and it wasn't always this consistency. Following the directions this is meant to be used in the shower so that your skin has a little time to loosen all the dead skin & dirt, but the product is hard to handle in the shower, so some gets wasted. 

I tried this out in the shower following the directions and then again when I wasn't in the shower instead I just got my arm damp before trying this out a second time. The way it works is similar to a exfoliating scrubber to where the friction & product rub off the dead skin. Watching as I was using it on my arm, I almost feel like it is just the product drying and then rubbing off that creates the effect especially as it stayed just white whereas with a exfoliating glove it usually has a greyish hue due to the combination of dead skin and dirt coming off. I personally didn't notice any difference in the spots I tested the product on. Everyone has different skin, so it could just be that it doesn't work for me, because the reviews on amazon others had awesome results. 

They have a number of other products as well to check out if you are looking for some help with your skin this summer. 

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Earthen Skincare for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I need a skincare routine. Feel like I'm too old to start now

kywave said...

just ordered thanks for the review

kasra.abey@gmail.com said...

such a good rec!