Wednesday, May 17, 2023

My Shelfie newest addition to Lucky Duck Games!


It's been a while since I've shared a board game review, We've had some other activities and video games pulling our time away from sitting down to enjoy a board game. So I was excited to receive one of the newest games in the Lucky Duck Games catalogue to check out with my family, we all sat down over the weekend to learn the game and play a few rounds. The game is called My Shelfie, and the whole point is to earn points by how you organize items onto a shelf. This game is easy to play it is designed for ages 8+, it can be played by 2-4 players and takes around thirty minutes to play a game. You can purchase it for $40 on the Lucky Duck Games website. 

The main game pieces are a plastic shelf that works similar to how connect four boards are set up. There are slots at the top where you will drop the pieces you collect into and then you can get them back out the same way at the end of the game, You'll find four of these shelves in the box. The item pieces are small card board pieces that fit perfectly into the board plus a carrying bag for them. You will also find two sets of cards, a game board and a small card board chair.

My Shelfie is easy to set up & simple to understand, your first game will be under way in no time. You will get a personal goal card plus two common goal cards will be set up next to the board. If you are able to match spaces on your personal goal card with the items you place on your shelf, you'll score points. Everyone will also be trying to complete the common goals as well to beat the others to a higher point score. It can get pretty interesting trying to complete both the common goals along with your personal goals as they might clash a bit so you really need to plan out your moves. 

I enjoyed the game it was fun trying to race to the specific pieces I needed to complete my shelf the way I wanted before someone else grabbed them. You choose to grab up to three pieces each turn, however the rule is they need to be in a straight line and have to have one open side at the start of your turn which can be challenging depending on how tiles have been laid out vs what you need. Some turns you will only be able to grab one tile, and another turn you'll be able to snag three that you need. This also comes into play with how the game ends, the first person to completely fill their shelf ends the game. However, depending on where the person who finishes first sits can have quite the impact on your final score as the game will continue until it reaches the person who sits to the right of the person who started first. This means if the person on the right of the first person is the one who finished first then the game ends right away and no one else has a chance to try to score a few more points. So far I haven't won a game, but it is a lot of fun and I look forward to playing more of it. 

I like how the item pieces look that go onto your shelf, they range from books to cats and plants. It is fun seeing how different everyone's shelves look at the end of the game. It will make a great addition to any board game collection especially for families who are looking for board games that are easy for kids to understand. 

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Lucky Duck Games for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My family enjoys games so was glad to come across this review - I've run out of games to purchase. Lucky Duck Games looks like a must-try. Stephanie

Stephanie said...

We love Lucky Duck games but I haven't heard of this one yet. It looks like something my family would really enjoy, I'll have to add it to our ever-long list of games we want!

Ntensibe Edgar said...

Nnniiiccceeeee...my sisters and I love a boardgame, after such a huge lunch. Thank you for sharing about these. I will tell them, about it all.

alita said...

Ive never been so excited about a game like this. I cannot wait for mine to arrive. This looks so much fun.

Anonymous said...

My kids have been asking for some new board games. This sounds perfect for them!

Maryann D. said...

My Shelfie does look like such a cute, fun and enjoyable game for sure. I love board games.
twinkle at optonline dot net

Mandy Carter said...

THis looks so cute. My kids and I have a game night weekly, so this would be a fun addition.

Fransic Verso said...

This is cool, I think my little cousin would love to get this one. Love doing games like these.

khoingn | The Broad Life said...

I'm sure my kids will find this game excited to play. And I love playing with them too.