Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Farmer Jones Farm at the Chef's Garden Review!

 

Have you ever wanted to get fresh produce directly from a local farm, but you don't live close enough to a farm to do so? Farmer Jones Farm at the Chef's Garden allows you a chance to order fresh produce and seasonal products directly from their family owned farm to your home. They are based out of Ohio but shipping was quick & everything was well packaged, you can tell everything was packed up fresh at the farm and placed directly into the boxes that ship out each week. Being as how everything is fresh, yes there will be dirt on your produce and items such as spinach aren't pre-cut in a bag so you'll need to wash everything & do some prep before being able to eat it. Some of the products also have some absorbent towels inside of the bags to help with some of the moisture in the bags which also helped to keep everything fresher while it sat in our fridge waiting to be used. 

I was lucky enough to be sent one of their best of the season vegetable boxes, a tomato marmalade, and a flowerhouse Rooibos tea. Seasonal boxes will change through out the year, at the moment the boxes contain: Potatoes (we received sweet potatoes), mixed beets, lettuce, spinach, turnips, lacinato kale, kohlrabi, edible flowers, and more. We also received some carrots in our box which were not on the official list, however they do note that depending on availability from the local farms in the area that the variety of produce may vary since they work along side other family owned farms to help bring you delicious home grown foods. As I was taking everything out of the box I immediately started making a mental note of what I wanted to make with all of the goodies.

We are a family of four & there was plenty in this box for all of us to eat. I made several side dishes with these vegetables to go along with our main dish during the week. Some of the dishes I made from these vegetables included sweet potato fries, sweet potato casserole, a delicious mixed salad with micro greens, baked carrots, candies carrots and more! Plus we still have some more carrots and other items we haven't used yet which goes to show just how much was packed into this box. 

The tomato marmalade is interesting & different, I hadn't heard of it until receiving this box so I had to look up what it is typically used on or in. It is typically used on toast, crackers, on burgers in place of ketchup, along with many other uses and some even like eating it right out of the jar. It tastes similar to ketchup with a slightly different texture and slightly sweeter, I think this would taste good on toast with a little bit of cream cheese to balance out the flavors. We haven't tried the tea yet, I am looking forward to brewing it though as the information on the box says it will be blue in color.

We were very pleased with the box we received & the assortment of produce included, we were able to make a lot of our favorite sides. The quality of the product was excellent, their boxes range in price depending on how large of a box you'd like to receive, they come in the serving sizes 1-2 people, 2-4 people & 4-6 people ranging from $69-$125. Along with fresh produce they also sell an assortment of honey, bar soap & much more which can be purchased through their website along side their fresh produce.

Disclaimer- Farmer Jones Farm provided the product above for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

19 comments:

Melissa Greene said...

This sounds like a box my family would love too, I will go check out their website some more.

Shirley OFlynn said...

It sounds like a great service with a wonderful selection of produce. I would like to try the tomato marmalade.

bn100 said...

tasty produce

Samantha Laycock said...

This box looks incredible. I have never heard of tomato marmalade either but it sounds like it would be great on a burger.

Katie C said...

Thanks for sharing not only what you got, but how you used them too! I will be curious your thoughts on the tea once you try it!

Stephanie said...

I love getting fresh produce. We used to do a box similar to this. The only thing I wouldn't like about this one is all the plastic. That was one of the appeals of the one we did was no plastic waste on the food.

Cristina Petrini said...


Here are the services and ideas that I also like to learn how to eat better!

Motherhood: The Real Deal said...

Oh wow this is my dream! Fresh amazing product direct from the farm has to be a win win for all, and is a great way of supporting farmers direct without the supermarkets squeezing them. What a lovely selection there.

Chad said...

Everything looks sooooo good! I wonder if they delivery nationwide, that would be amazing...

Melissa said...

This looks like an awesome service. I would love to have some fresh items sent right to me.

Melanie Edjourian said...

The box does seem to be packed with a good range of produce. I love that there are premade items as well as seasonal produce.

Risa Lopez said...

This is so convenient. Great service, I can say. I will be needing this. I am checking out their website.

Tammy said...

Such a fantastic spot for shopping and the produce looks amazing and top grade. I will definitely need to look into this...a lot of things I just can't find locally anymore either.

Yeah Lifestyle said...

Farmer Jones Farm at the Chef's Garden sounds like a fabulous place, love that you can choose the size of the boxes and they deliver more than just fresh veg to the house

Marysa said...

What a neat concept for getting fresh veggies and goodies. I haven't heard of this until now, and would love to try it out. Sounds like a great way to eat more veggies.

Lily said...

I would love this box! Thanks for sharing I am interested

Anonymous said...

Oh I would love to get such fresh veggies! I am going to check out their vegetable boxes right away 😍 Thanks for sharing about this site 🙂

Everything Enchanting :)

Jupiter Hadley said...

This does look like a really good mix of products! Especially with the quality of them - I have had veggies from Hello Fresh that have been not so great or ready to eat.

Side Street Style said...

Ooh all these fresh produce looks juts delicious!! Love fresh fruit and veg, perfect base for any meal. Laura Side Street x