Thursday, May 12, 2022

Driftaway Coffee Subscription box review!

 

Where are all the coffee lovers at? If you enjoy finding new coffees to try out, you need to check out Driftaway coffee. They offer a subscription service that lets you try out new coffees each month from different countries around the world, each box will have five different coffee samples in it. I was recently invited to try out one of their boxes, both my husband & myself have really been enjoying the experience along with the variety of coffee included. 

All of the coffee included in the box are mysteries, they will be packaged with a color instead of the name and flavor notes on them. This allows you to test out the coffee, see if you can guess the flavor notes then you can check out the envelope included that tells you what each coffee is. You can try each one of the coffees on your own or they offer weekly taste tastings alongside a world brewers champion. We went with the tasting them on our own time. 

You are able to fill out a subscription profile that allows you to set preferences to flavor notes you already enjoy & they will try to provide you with similar coffee tastes for you to enjoy.  As soon as you open the package you are meet by a strong & delicious coffee aroma. Two things I noticed when looking at all of the coffee samples is that they have your name at the bottom of the label & all of the sample packages are able to be tossed into your compost if you have one. I don't personally have one, however my step-father does so I have been saving the packages to take over and add to his compost bin. 

Here are the flavors I received in my Driftaway Coffee subscription box:

Red; Light - Medium Roast from the Colombia, Narino region. It has flavor notes of honey, lemon & golden raisin. You can slightly smell the lemon in the coffee grounds even before you brew it, I enjoyed the fresh scent it added to the aroma notes. 

Yellow; Light roast from Ecuador, Pichincha region. It has flavor notes of Raspberry, Cherry & Milk Chocolate. This one has a bit of a fruity fresh taste that is light, airy and quite lovely. This was one of my favorites in the box as I prefer my coffee much lighter than my husband enjoys his.

Blue; Medium roast from Peru, Cusco region. It has flavor notes of brown sugar, vanilla & Molasses. This was a nice coffee that is in the middle of how my husband prefers his coffee & how I prefer mine. The mixture of brown sugar and vanilla is nice. 

Green; Medium - Dark roast from Brazil, Minas Gerais region. It has flavor notes of Milk chocolate, malt & roasted almond. This one and the purple were two coffees my husband preferred as they were are a stronger coffee, I generally lean more toward coffee flavors that are sweet & light so these were both right up his alley being more of a bold coffee flavor. 

Purple; Dark roast from Kayanza, Burundi Apaneca-llamatepec, El Salvador Huehuetenango, Guatemala. It has flavor notes of smoke spices, molasses & nutty.

Along with the information above you will find a ton of information on each post card that goes with the coffee it matches including who the producers are, what the processing type is, what altitude it is grown at and more. I loved being able to read each card and learning about where the coffee was from. The postcards also include a QR code which will lead you to a video discussing stories behind the coffee, it also allows you to order more of that specific coffee or request more of it in your next box.

I prefer ground coffee which is what I received in my sample packets, each one is able to make one to two pots of coffee depending on how much coffee grounds you prefer to put into the pot. If you want more coffee instead of just a sampler, they have four different size options for your subscription box that range in price from $14.40 for a shipment of 8oz coffee to $34.20 for 2lbs of coffee. 

Disclaimer- Driftaway Coffee provided the product above for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love subscription boxes! Always helpful to see what people think of the product before buying.

bn100 said...

sounds tasty

Riyah Speaks said...

I’m not a coffee drinker, but I know someone who is and I’m sure they would love this. Thanks for sharing!

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

coffee subscription box? sounds ideal to me and my family! I need to check out if we have options like that here

Erica Webster-Russell said...

This would make the perfect gift for any coffee lover in our lives! I hadn't heard of this company before, as I am a die-hard Black Rifle Coffee fan. But it looks interesting, and definitely worth a try.

Shirley OFlynn said...

I like to try different coffee. This would be a fun subscription box and would make a great gift idea as well.

Opergamer said...

I've never done a subscription box before. Fear of commitment. But I drink so much coffee that this might be worth it

Melissa Greene said...

All of these sound delicious I would want to try the red first.

Dana Matthews said...

I love subscription boxes and I love surprises! Oh, forgot to mention, I love coffee!