Monday, March 7, 2022

Feb Creepy Crate Review!

 

It is no secret that I like things that are creepy or related to horror movies so I am always excited when I receive a new Creepy Crate in the mail, you never know what might pop up in each new box. Creepy Crate is a Horror & True Crime based subscription box that ships out bi-monthly. The boxes have been known to have a wide range of products included from clothing to household goodies, but one thing that is certain in each box is that you'll receive one paperback book and a digital book as well. The crates are $39.99 per crate, you can choose to get billed bi-monthly or pre-pay for your crates selecting the three or six crate option, shipping is included in the price.

Some of the movies and true crime cases they include I am familiar with, while others I am not so it is a great way to find new content to look into. One of my favorite items to receive in these crates are the cute collectable pins that are included from time to time, sadly there hasn't been on in a while. I am also a goober and think puns & "dad" jokes are funny so this month's box had a item in it that really made me laugh. Let's jump into what was in the newest crate I received:

This month's physical book is a copy of "The Girl In the Corn" by Jason Offutt and is actually an advanced reader copy, which is always neat because there is a chance it is slightly different from the prints that come out for mass production. This is a fantasy type book centered around Fairies, I love books like this so I can't wait to read it. The ebook for this month is a copy of "House of Bones" by Dale Bailey and it is about a housing project haunted by dark and evil forces. Also included was a Dead Headspace book mark which is a podcast that talks about horror, true crime and more.

The punny product I mentioned? It is this wine carrying bag, it is so silly but I love the "Wine-digo strikes again", it is a fun way to introduce people to the Wendigo if people aren't familiar with this North American creature legend. Plus I know a few wine-os who look like the picture on the bag!

Loup-Garou Hurricane Cup - Prior to receiving this crate I hadn't heard of the New Orleans version of a werewolf creature called the Loup-Garou so I was able to find something new and interesting in this crate. Werewolves and vampires have always been two of my favorite creatures so this fun hurricane cup is great. 

Yosemite's Map of Terrors - What do you do if you have an area of land that has multiple tales about creatures and mysteries that go bump in the night? Create a map of course so thrill seekers can check out the areas if they dare visit the spots on the map. 

Check the backseat air freshener - This is a classic move in horror and thriller movies to have the serial killer waiting in the backseat, which is why you should always look before getting into the car. Also included is a Take a pope lick lollipop inspired by the pop lick monster that is part-sheep, part-goat and part-man and is said to live below a bridge in Louisville, Kentucky. 

I thought this was a fun crate this time around, though I can't quite put my finger on what it is - it might be the hurricane cup but the box has a funky smell to it, an almost nail polish remover type scent so I am letting all the items air out to help get rid of the scents. 

What is your favorite horror movie or creature?

Disclaimer- Creepy Crate provided a box for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

22 comments:

brianmayroam said...

The reusable grocery bag looks really cool. As a travel writer, I have quite the collection of destination bags.

The Super Mom Life said...

OMG my oldest would love this creepy crate. What a fun idea! I'll have to check it out.

Lavanda Michelle said...

This is an awesome creepy box. Me and my girls would love it! Especially the Loup-Garou Hurricane Cup.

Melanie said...

Ooo what a fab fun and creepy crate for sure. It looks packed out with cool stuff and makes for a nice treat to be delivered to your home. Lucky you x

Chad said...

This is so so cool, I love the box!!! The creepy box! I will get the box for my son, i know he will love it.

Live Laugh Love said...

I really like this box a lot "Creepy Crate" it seems really interesting. I like that book who is the author of the book that you posted?

Risa Lopez said...

I love the box, it looks so cute. The book was also interesting. Where can I get copy of those?

Yeah Lifestyle said...

A very unique subscription box with a creepy theme to it! I would love to receive this myself as it sounds thrilling

Elisa said...

I love the idea of a creepy crate! Perfect for horror book lovers too! And to be honest, anything arriving in my mail that's not a bill is a huge plus in my books!

Renee said...

I am really into scary shows now. I'd love this!

Oscar said...

I will never check the backseat, especially when driving at night alone. haha!

Laura Christina Linklater said...

Oh my goodness... I've never seen anything like this! Just brilliant!

Sumit walia said...

The Yosemite region of horrors seems interesting to travel and experience considering if one loves horrors and their legends

Anonymous said...

Haha, I am loving that wine carrying bag �� You got some amazing creepy stuff in the box!

Everything Enchanting :)

Knycx Journeying said...

So many goodies and thanks a lot for sharing your review with us! Glad that you enjoyed this. - Knycx Journeying

Jupiter Hadley said...

I saw Candy Man recently and it's been my favorite. The Scream was not as good as I thought it would be. Too cheesy for me! This crate looks really, really fun.

Dipika Singh said...

This is a great subscription box for horror lovers. I am into horror and thriller classics these are great recommendations.

aisasami said...

Wow, this is an amazing subscription box. Really scary. Loved learning about the Loup-Garou.

Riyah Speaks said...

I love horror so much and so this is the perfect subscription box for me. Great review!

Erica Webster-Russell said...

The Girl in the Corn was a really weird novel that I had trouble getting into. It improved, but it's one that requires patience for it all to make sense. The end is actually worthwhile. I would love to hear what you think of it once you've read it!

starzine said...

I would say the 1800's.

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

the box looks fun!I like the font! it seems like a lovely gift for anyone