Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Create cute bead art with the smART Pixelator by Flycatcher Toys.

 


I was recently asked if I'd be interested in reviewing a neat toy with my kids called the smART Pixelator by Flycatcher Toys & I was pretty excited about it as it reminds me of a toy I used to play with when I was younger (just not as cool). The Pixelator is a fun toy that uses small plastic beads to create art pieces like keychains and more. 

After you complete the image, you'd like to create, you need to use a iron to semi melt the beads which will help them fuse together. I did something similar when I was a kid with my grandma, I remember making all kinds of designs and having her help me use the iron to complete them. What sets this pixelator apart is that it has a digital light board highlighting the designs you select or create and guide you on your way step by step. 


The memory card that comes with it comes pre-loaded with several different designs that are ready for you to create, the images include the cute little gameboy looking robot below. If you want more images than just what is on the memory card, you can search through other designs on their app or use the app to create your own pixelated image from a photo you take. You can use the app directly from your phone. If you are working on an intricate design that will take some time to complete, you can come back at a later time and pick up where you left off. 

Each set of beads comes with a bead applicator which can help place the beads onto the peg boards to create your designs, however my kids seem to like just using their hands to complete the images they slected. You'll also be provided with a ironing paper to go between your design and the iron, I do wish it came with a few more though.

We haven't made our own creation using the photo method yet, but my son has had fun coming up with some of his own designs using the beads. It has been wonderful to see both of my kids using this and having fun with the outcome of their work. We have a steam iron, it does an alright job but I feel like a normal iron would work better so maybe keep that in mind when shopping for a iron to use with this kit. The base set comes with a limited number of plastic beads, however they have a great into bundle that comes with a free gift which is two sets of 2000 beads so you are set to create quite a few great designs before needing to purchase more. The set is normally $79.97 however they are having a sale at the moment and you can purchase the bundle for $29.99! 

Disclaimer-  Flycatcher Toys provided the products mentioned above for the review & giveaway free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase. 

31 comments:

Tiny Sprouts said...

Wow, now it's digitized! That certainly makes it a lot easier without having to count each beads.

Live Laugh Love said...

Looks like it's fun to be able to create your own image in your mind. I know I would probably get frustrated or something. I think younger kids would have a good time creating something I know the boys I babysit would love this.

bn100 said...

fun for kids

Anonymous said...

I remember doing things like this as a kid. I always loved it.

monique s said...

this looks cute and fun for the kids

Shirley OFlynn said...

The Pixelator looks really fun for kids.

Huguette said...

Cute for kids and would keep them entertained.

Marysa said...

This sounds like such a neat creative toy. It is nice to see kids getting creative and using their imaginations. I had not heard of this before and I'm sure my kids would enjoy it.

Amy Liu Dong said...

This kind of toy is what should be playing by our kids. This will help them develop their creativity and imagination while having so much fun. I'll definitely get my kids this too.

仙妮 said...

Ohh wowo .. I'm in love with this toy myself too , I can spend whole day just sitting down & creating with my girl, absolutely addictive fun. Cheers Siennylovesdrawing

Erica Webster-Russell said...

Oh my word, you just took me straight back to my childhood too! I totally remember doing this and it was so much fun. It is really neat to see there is a new and improved version out there now.

Polly said...

I want to get the Smart Pixelator for my niece and nephews! It not only develop their creativity but this is a perfect activity to bond with them.

Bay City Amber said...

This is really neat! I think the kids would enjoy this, especially Kyla who is 11.

Steph said...

I remember doing something similar when I was a kid. I am now a parent and I would like to purchase this for my child.

The Super Mom Life said...

What a fun idea. This is something that all three of my kids would love to make!

indra k said...

Wonderful bead art to keep children engaged while enhancing their artistic skills.

Chad said...

I had something similar as a kid, the toy is amazing, super super love it...

Risa Lopez said...

Aww that's so cute! My nieces and nephews will surely love it. It looks fun and enjoying!

justinaworldaway said...

Interesting post. This looks like it would be fun for a kid to do.

Unknown said...

I had never heard of this. Thanks for sharing.
~Paula Richie

lilyk said...

This toy looks very fun. Thanks for sharing!

Sandra D. said...

Looks like an amazing toy.

J Renee W said...

I would love to have this for my daughter.

Maryann D. said...

My daughter loved crafts like this when she was young. I would enjoy trying this with my niece!

Rosanne Robinson said...

Love fun toys like this smART Pixelator, for children's creativity development.

Shirley OFlynn said...

My granddaughter would really enjoy bead art. Looks like a fun craft.

Sandhra John said...

My daughter would really enjoy something like this

Live Laugh Love said...

Tara Enright

Cairine said...

I'd be worried I'd find all those little parts all over the house.

billwinsbig said...

I remember the fun we had with Spirograph and Lite-Brite

Anonymous said...

reminds me of lite-bright purchased for my daughter years ago