Monday, January 24, 2022

Frasher's Smokehouse Review!

 

We've tried out several different BBQ spots and our favorite by far has been Frasher's Smokehouse in Phoenix, Arizona. The location is easy to find, the staff are always friendly, helpful and have a smile on their face plus the food isn't just delicious it is also affordable. Everything is smoked in house, as soon as you pull up and step out of your car the aromas of the smoked meats wafts through the air, making you even hungrier. They are located at 3222 E. Indian School Road Phoenix, Arizona 85018 and are open seven days a week 11am to 8pm. 

There is a lot to choose from here so you might have a hard time picking out just one thing you want to try! We ordered a few different things so we could all try out a little of each, and it worked out perfectly for the four of us. You may not think of ordering Gumbo or Pizza from a smokehouse, but both are worth the visit on their own & their pizza has been featured on the food network. 

The pizza we tried was the BBQ Burnt End pizza, it isn't something we would normally order from a smokehouse but everyone enjoyed it including the kids! It has BBQ sauce, a cheese mixture, jalapenos and Burnt ends on thin crust that was cooked just right. The cheese they uses melds perfectly with the other flavors. I've never tried gumbo before, but on the recommendation of the owner and staff we tried it out and mmmm mmmm was it tasty! My husband, son and I all loved it. I would 100% go back to the restaurant just to order the gumbo or the pizza alone. If you aren't a fan of Burnt end meat, they also offer pepperoni, cheese and more. 

They aren't the only two items on the menu that are fantastic, all of the meats are so well done. They are seasoned perfectly and the meats are cooked just right, they aren't dry but instead manage to maintain the natural juices while soaking in the smokiness of the smoker and the seasonings added on. My favorites are the chicken & the pulled pork, my husband loves the ribs and pulled pork, my daughter loves the chicken and turkey and my son likes a bit of it all. I always dislike when you go to a BBQ place and spend a decent amount of money on smoked meats to be handed a plate of nothing but mostly fat. We haven't had that issue either of the times we've been here, which is another reason why we look forward to coming back because the food quality is excellent. 



In the mood for some sides? All of us enjoy cornbread so it is a given that we ordered and loved the cornbread, however I also highly recommend the green chili mac-n-cheese it has a nice little kick to it and is quite creamy. The baked beans are great, they have a bit of smoked meats in it and the garlic mashed potatoes are also pretty good along with the smoked corn. What can I say? There isn't really anything we tried there that we didn't like! At the end of our meal we still had a decent amount of food left so we got a to go box and had left overs for dinner the next day along with a small salad. The food was just as good the next day even reheated in the microwave. Don't forget the dessert before you go, if you are stuffed you can take it to go. The Gooey butter cake is not to be missed, you'll wish you ordered an extra to take home.

Through out the week they have daily specials such as Cat fish, Pastrami, and more. Coming soon they are also starting to feature live bands on Saturday's on their newly renovated outdoor patio that has seating, a nice grass area, a spot to play corn hole plus heaters for when it is chilly and pretty lighting. They had a flyer up on the table with the specials for the live events and they are pretty great so I snapped a photo and have it below for anyone interested. If the owner named George happens to be in while you are there, you should say hello, he is very friendly, easy to talk with and you can really tell that he along with his staff appreciate and care for the customers who come into the smokehouse. He also owns & runs Frasher's Tavern & Mrs. Chickens which I will feature here soon as well.

Along with being able to head into eat they also offer takeout which includes meal deals like their "Meal for six" for $95 or the "Meal for twelve", plus they also offer catering (information on this can be found on their website, click Frasher's Smokehouse at the top or bottom of this post to be taken to their website). If you are in Arizona keep an eye out in about a month, I will be hosting a large giveaway which will include a certificate to the smokehouse 😊 plus lots of other goodies. 

Disclaimer- Frasher's Smokehouse provided dinner for us for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

24 comments:

LoriBosworth said...

Everything looks delicious! I loved smoked foods and that pizza looks amazing. I would definitely check it out if I ever visit Phoenix!

Adventure Awaits us at Home said...

We were just in Arizona in December visiting family. When we go back, this sounds like the perfect place to check out while there. Everything sounds delicious. I could go for the pizza and cornbread right now! I will be sharing this with our family that lives there.

Dana Vitolo said...

All the food at Frasher's Smokehouse looks amazing. The pizza looks really good too. I really like that your review is thorough with great pictures. If we're in the area, we'll check it out!

Monica Simpson said...

I'm drooling over all that food! I'll have to check this place out next time in that area visiting my friend!

Forever My Little Moon said...

It looks like a great restaurant! The food looks delicious!

Carmen said...

The BBQ burnt end pizza looks so delicious!

Melissa Greene said...

Wow these photos are making me hungry, everything looks amazing. I need to see about going here on our next night out.

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

the place looks great and the food looks super delicious! I would love to spend some time there as well! I wish I lived near by

Momandtheboys said...

Definitely worth a try when we hit the area. The pizza and bbq look delicious.

Lady In Read said...

while we don't eat meat, the idea of a burnt end pizza does appeal :)

Lisa said...

I'm salivating over this post! Everything looks delicious but I'm keen to try that pizza, it's so unique!

Risa Lopez said...

The smoked meat! I am also a fan of BBQ! The foods looks good.

bye:myself said...

Oh my gosh, this looks so US American - dispite the fact that pizza is Italian, I know ;-) Are the dishes plastic? Because even if I order food to go, I put it on a real plate - I simply cannot eat from plastic or paper. Guess you cannot teach an old dog new tricks?!

aisasami said...

I miss restaurant like these as they have a lot of yummy food. It has everything, I hope they also have BBQ. I miss American BBQ.

Marysa said...

This food looks so interesting and delicious. It is nice to try something different. I haven't been out to eat in ages and it is nice to have a special meal.

Laura said...

Woooah this looks like such amazing food!! Restaurants that serve this kinda of food are my kinda place

Laura Christina Linklater said...

Sounds like a great day out - I LOVE live music. It's one of the things I missed the most during C-19 times!

Polly said...

Goodness! I just had supper, but looking at these delicious food, especially the BBQ Burnt End pizza, is making me hungry.

Erica Webster-Russell said...

I really need to stop reading blogs about food when I'm hungry! The smoke ring on those ribs is just beautiful. When I head to Arizona this spring, I'll be flying into Phoenix, before heading to my destination about two hours away. I'll make sure this is the place we stop for dinner that night, after I go explore the Superstition Mountains. Thank you for helping me with my itinerary! Thanks to you, I have been compiling a list of places I need to go while I'm there, and it just keeps growing.

Riyah Speaks said...

Yummmmy! All of the food looks sooo good.

John Smith said...

All of that food looks incredible! I'd like to visit Phoenix just to try that place!

Shirley OFlynn said...

Everything looks so good! I would love to try the BBQ Burnt End pizza.

Live Laugh Love said...

You sound like me and my family when we try a new place we order a few of everything that way we can all try it and see what we like. That BBQ pizza though looks really good.

Nancy P said...

Looks like some hearty comfort food along with some funk music...how can it go wrong?