Tuesday, April 20, 2021

SucculentBox.com Review!

While I can't say that I have a green thumb like some people, I love plants and would like to learn how to properly care for and start growing my own mini garden both inside and outside of my house. One of the types of plants I really like seeing are the different varieties of succulents out there, they are come so many fun shapes and colors I wanted a few for my house. I received a few as a Christmas present and so far they are doing well, one of them even grew quite a bit. I recently stumbled on a subscription box that mails out a monthly box containing several different succulents! That brand is called Succulents Box and I was so excited to get the chance to work with them on a review. You can purchase a one month subscription with four succulents + four clay pots for $40 or you can subscribe for a longer amount to lower the monthly box cost, if you would like a smaller subscription they have different amounts of plants/pots available including an air plant option . Along with subscription boxes they also offer pre-selected packs, gift sets and more starting at just $5. All of their plants are organically grown in Southern California and you can tell a lot of love goes into growing everything because the plants look fantastic. 


For a review I was sent a four pack of succulents that came in mini clay pots. When my package arrived I couldn't wait to get it open and see which succulents were waiting for me, as soon as I saw the package on my doorstep I knew where it was from due to the adorably cute cactus tape they use to seal their package. Inside of the box I found four neatly and well packaged clay pots that had been taped up inside of bubble wrap to prevent the pot and plants from being damaged during shipping. 

During the holidays my husband had ordered me a small set of succulents online and they arrived damaged, two of them weren't even in their pots and dirt was everywhere so I didn't know if I was going to experience the same thing with this. Aside from a little dirt coming out of the pots both the plants and pots were completely in tact, I was quite happy about that. As you can see from the photos above all four of the plants are firmly in their pots, with very little dirt missing. How can you tell what succulents were included in the box if you aren't familiar with the different types? They provided a small business sized card that had a photo of each plant on it, the name of the plant and care instructions on the back. Here is what I received inside of my succulent four pack:


Cooperi - This succulent has cute "chubby" leaves and it looks squishy to the touch, when they get a little larger I think they look pretty neat stacked up like shown on the card. 


Zebra - This is one of my two favorites out of the four, I love the stripes that run down the leaves and that they almost look fuzzy where the white strips are. (spoiler, it isn't fuzzy but those sections are slightly raised up from the rest of the plant). I was excited to find this in my box, as this was one of the succulents that was in the package I mentioned earlier in this post that my husband ordered that sadly died while being shipped. 


Aeonium Green Platters - This succulent grows in a beautiful almost rose/flower like pattern as it gets bigger. From photos I've seen if you care for this properly it will continue to grow eventually turning into a rather large plant, I honestly would love to see how long I can keep this growing for to see if I can get it large enough to plant into bigger and bigger pots. 


String of Bananas - Aside from a fun name, this succulent reminds me of something I'd picture in a jungle due to the way it drapes over the side of the pot as it gets larger. My best friend actually has a string of bananas that is quite large compared to this little guy, so I look forward to caring for this plant in hopes of it growing to the size she has. I love draping plants that flow over the side and reach towards the ground, something about looking at them is calming. 


I do love the cute little clay pots these arrived in, however I am not sure how long I will keep them inside of the smaller pots. I purchased some succulent soil and I am looking into some cute succulent friendly pots to move these into so I can find them a nice home in my house. I have a spot in front of my kitchen window where I have a plant stand, however for some of these plants such as the Zebra succulent they need more light so he will be relocated to a location with more sunshine. My biggest issue with plants is that I either forget to water them or I think they need water when they don't and they end up drowning because I over water them, so that is something I am working on. Thankfully with these they only need to be watered once the soil is dry to the touch, the instruction cards let you know that you need to water thoroughly and then let it drain to help prevent root rot, fungus or bugs (yuck, who wants those nasty little gnats?). 

Overall I am pleased with the plant selection I received and I have my eye on several other sets and plants sold on their website (and guess who has a birthday coming up soon?). Compared to other plant sellers I've seen online Succulentbox.com has fair pricing, wonderful products and great customer service so when I go to purchase more succulents they will be my first stop to look through their selection. As an added bonus on top of receiving beautifully grown plants from them, they donate a portion of their sales to a charity of their choice, at the moment they are making donations towards a covid related charity.

What type of plants do you enjoy?

Disclaimer- The product mentioned above was provided by Succulentsbox.com for a review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

36 comments:

Melissa Greene said...

I looked through their website and I love the selection that they offer, some of the sets that come with extra stuff like a cup are great gifts.

Shirley OFlynn said...

They offer a nice selection of plants. I really like the Zebra plant.

Bri said...

This is a box I could get behind! I have been on a plant loving kick and succulents are next to be added to my repertoire!

elseykfenn said...

So adorable! Love this idea!

Jazmin said...

My husband is obsessed with succulents lately and not so great at keeping them alive lol! I'm sure he would love this service!

Gervin Khan said...

These succulents are so cute. I would love to buy some for my sister. Thank you for sharing your honest review.

Sonia Seivwright said...

These are so cute. I'll get one for my house.

Unknown said...

I love succulents, mostly because they are the one thing I grow really well. Wow, now I need more.

Terry Poage said...

They look really healthy. Would love to get some.

monique s said...

I love succulents. So easy to care for and so perfect for my kitchen window sill

Samantha said...

I totally am checking this out. This is such an awesome idea.

Forever My Little Moon said...

I love succulents! You got some pretty ones. I'll have to give this box a try!

Jessica Radford said...

It looks like they provided a good selection, the zebra is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

What a fun subscription box and I love succulents.

Monica Simpson said...

I love this! Succulents are my favorite!

Britt K said...

I love this! I recently got a couple of succulents from a fundraiser that my mother-in-law was helping out with. I love the fact that they add a hint of nature and the outdoors in my home office, and now I feel like I need to get my hands on more. That being said, I know SO little about the different variations available. I wonder if there is something like this available in Canada? I'm going to have to look into it!

Unknown said...

This looks like such a fun box. Love plants and subscription boxes!

Erica Webster-Russell said...

I have never seen the zebra one before, and now I want one! You are correct about the Aeonium Green Platters. They will grow to become quite large, and multiply as well. If you want a really fun addition to a garden, plant them in a unique planter and watch them go! A friend of mine planted some in an old pair of her husband's work boots and they were so cute.

Ivan Jose said...

Currently, collecting plants is a big hit here in the Philippines. Many collectors here will surely love those succulents.

Lady In Read said...

these are so very pretty; and i now my dd will love something like this for her room

Judy said...

I do NOT have a green thumb...I mean I can kill a cactus lol. Everytime I see these succulents they look so adorable and the maintenance seems pretty easy

Jessica w said...

My daughter would love this

Edye Nicole said...

such a cute box!

mia2009(at)comcast(dot)net

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

how cute! such a lovely idea and super cute plants! love it!

Unknown said...

I love succulents, they are beautiful and easy to care for.

Terry Poage said...

I really like these. The Zebra is especially pretty.

J Renee W said...

I didn't know about this one. Those are so pretty.

Live Laugh Love said...

My mom just started collecting succulents because she can't keep up with all the plants and watering and such. I think they are cute and honestly better than real plants.

Terry Poage said...

I love these little plants. Would like some around my house.

Theta said...

My favorite are the Aeonium Green Platters!! So adorable

Paul Chesauan said...

Nice

sunshinehdfan said...

I love these but can't grow anything.

Shirley OFlynn said...

I love succulents, they are so easy to take care of. The zebra is my favorite.

susan1215 said...

These are cute and I love the size. My favorite plan is the Zebra.

Live Laugh Love said...

Succulents are my moms favorite go to plant now for around the house for decoration. You don't have to water them which makes it less stressful haha

Patsy said...

This is a unique idea!Thanks:)