Thursday, February 25, 2021

In The Book; Personlized books for children & adults. My Reivew!

Personalized books
Growing up with a unique name made finding personalized products difficult to find, now with the various personalization sites available you can add your name to almost anything you want. Today I wanted to share a company called In The Book. If you've ever wanted your name in a book, then this is the company you want to visit. They sell a wide range of books (including coloring books) that you can have your name and a dedication added to. The books make fantastic gifts and they arrive in a giftable box. All of their books start at $24.99 and go up from there.




You might think that this website would be just for giving kids a unique gift, but that is far from the case. They have dozens of books that teens and adults would love as well such as football newspaper books, puzzle books, journals and more. 

In The Book recently reached out to me about doing a review, and after seeing the selection they offer I knew my kids would love one of their books so I agreed. I personally don't like posting my children's names on social media, instead I use their nicknames so some of the images below will have a little editing to remove their full name from the shot or have something over it blocking the name. 




For my daughter I selected a personalized coloring book, She loves to color, draw and create so I thought this would be perfect for her. The cover of the book is personalized to say "Creative Coloring for (custom name goes here)" and the inside of the book will also have the same along with a dedication spot. The dedication section has to be kept short and sweet due to character restrictions but you can still put a lovely dedication on it. 


There was a little excess glue on the inside cover of the coloring book, otherwise everything is very well made and put together. The coloring book is thicker and has more pages than I thought there would be, I received the soft cover copy, but it is also available in hard cover. 

Every other page will have the customized name you selected interwoven with the images itself, it is pretty neat seeing my daughters name on a hot air balloon or the back of an animal. She was excited to receive this book, and started coloring in it right away. The front cover says it is art therapy for grown-ups, however a child and teen can use it as well. There are a lot of intricate designs that will be fun to color, I am looking forward to seeing what she does with the pages. A soft cover copy will cost $34.99, or if you'd prefer a hard cover it would be $50.99. This is the type of coloring book that will take quite a bit of time to finish, which gets you the most out of it! There are a lot of small details to fill in, this reminds me of a coloring book that I like to color in, it helps calm you to fill in all the little lines and just take your mind off of everything else.


For my son I selected the Marvels Avengers storybook collection. This book is huge! It measures just under fourteen inches high and ten inches wide, the book is pure black with red and gold writing which really makes it pop and feel like a Marvel book. As you can see Groot and Spiderman wanted to be part of the photography process, and who can say no to them?


This book has all of their stories in the chronological order that the movies go in and it has a few dozen illustrations showing your favorite super heros. On the front cover and at the top of every page you'll see the "Especially for (name goes here)" which is marvelous for any Marvel fan! There are two different price options for this Marvel story book, if you select the standard cover it will run you $59.99 and a deluxe cover will be $79.99. I love how this book turned out and that they are able to personalize the cover and the pages, I would have been over the moon to receive books like these when I was younger. 

What kind of book would you love to have your name on?

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by In The Book  for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

16 comments:

Patsy said...

These would make super gifts.Great review!

Maryann D. said...

I love personalized gifts to receive and give. This books are wonderful and definitely unique.
twinkle at optonline dot net

Wanda B said...

The Creative Colouring Book looks wonderful. I have a friend that I know would love this so much.

Kelly said...

These personalised books look great. I especially like the personalised colouring book.

Sandy Cain said...

AWESOME idea! I love this!

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

I love such gifts! you really did great. I love getting books for holidays and these books would be very much welcomed if given to me

Terri Steffes said...

Such great ideas for gifts. Some if my nieces have unique names and they have a hard time finding those personalized gifts.

Erica Webster-Russell said...

This is awesome! Even I struggled with finding personalized stuff when I was younger. My name isn't that unique either, but it always seemed impossible to find Erica spelled with a C, but there were tons of stuff spelled with a K. I'll have to look into this site for Christmas gifts. I'm loving how easy it has become to order personalized gifts like this. I was gifted a beautiful cutting board with my last name and year I got married recently, and it is perfect. This sounds perfect as well.

amyd16323 said...

such wonderful ideas. I really would love to check out the creative coloring

Travelwisesr said...

Some great gifting ideas here. A great range to choose from. Marvels Avengers storybook collection for me too would be a great pick for my nephew.

Britt K said...

This is great! My nieces have some pretty unique names and it definitely makes it challenging to find personalized gifts for them. That being said, I am definitely going to check out the range of options that you shared here. I especially love the colouring book - it looks adorable!

A Chat With Kat said...

Like your daughter, I love to colour, so that book would be right up my alley. I also have quite a unique spelling (Kathrin), so it's rare to find personalized gifts.

Melanie said...

What a great idea. These books would make lovely gifts for family and friends. Also, the colouring book is fab x

Sandra D. said...

Great gift ideas they look amazing.

Shirley OFlynn said...

Beautiful gift ideas! I really like the personalized coloring book.

Melissa Greene said...

I know a few families members who would love books like this for a birthday gift, I have book marked this page for future shopping.