Thursday, February 4, 2021

Horizon Group USA Review.


We recently received a surprise in the mail and it ended up giving us a good laugh because my daughter had been asking for one the week before it arrived. I received a package from Horizon Group USA that contained two products, one of them was a plasma globe. A few days before this had arrived I was actually looking one at a store I stopped at, but didn't end up buying it because the box felt way too light to have a full plasma ball in it, and then this showed up on my porch.


The size of this is perfect for a bed side table or a computer desk, there is nothing to put together because it comes in one piece and it has bonus glow in the dark stickers to decorate the base of the globes. This is so neat to watch turn on, it usually takes it a second or two but then it is bursting with light. 


This plasma globe looks neat in the light but it is even better turning off the lights! You can use just one finger to trace the globe and watch the light chase your finger, or you can use all of your fingers and pretend like you are Thor himself.


This is plugged into the wall so you don't need to worry about batteries which is always nice. Both of of my children have a lot of fun watching this and playing with it. A plasma globe would make a fun gift for any boy or girl in your life! 

The second item included in the package was a Mixy Squish lap desk. This kit comes with ten different colors of air dry clay, fourteen sculpting tools and a lap desk that has various molds for you to use.


This was a blast for my kids to use as well, however I did notice that if you didn't use all of one color that it dried up faster than expected even being inside of a sealed baggie. My kids made a lot of cute things with this set though included a purple set of dice that they made by hand.


The clay is easy to use, you can use it with the molds or you can free hand a creation of your choosing. Once your master piece dries it is fairly sturdy, I think it would be really cute to use this clay to create an assortment of fridge magnets. Each of the clays have speckles of glitter sprinkled within the clay to add a little extra flare to your artwork. 


The lap desk doubles as a storage container for the clay and all of your sculpting tools, plus the lid also has several different textured areas to give your clay the same look. While both products are entertaining, I think in the long run we will get the most use out of the plasma globe.

Which of the two products is most interesting to you? What would you want to create with your air dry clay?


Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Horizon Group USA for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.


17 comments:

Kelly said...

Plasma globes are so cool! I love the clay set too. There’s so many great things you could make with it. I bet your kids loved them.

A Chat With Kat said...

Both things look like great gifts! The plasma globe is very cool, I've only ever seen them in museums, but not as an object you can buy. Playing with clay sets like this one was one of my favourite activities as a child.

Stevenmoores said...

My kids are glued to theirs since they got one at christmas. It so mesmerising to watch. Also they would probably like the clay set as well.

Travelwisesr said...

Wow these would be great gifts to give to my grandchildren. They would surely love to play with them. Thanks for your honest review which opens my mind out to new ideas.

Erica Webster-Russell said...

You've done some of my Christmas shopping for me! Yes, I buy things super early in the year and save them for Christmas. These will be fantastic gifts for my nephew.

Debra Roberts said...

I have two granddaughters and love this review! These would be awesome for their Easter baskets! (the clay set) I just got them both kinetic sand...check that out for your next review...they're obsessed with it!

Doris Jean said...

This is so cool. Im always looking for new toys for my 3 year old!

Britt K said...

I am absolutely in love with the look of a plasma globe. I have been looking for a good one as of late for my nieces and nephews - something that I figure they would all love to play around with and learn from. I'll have to check out this one - it looks like the perfect option!

Sarah said...

I want to buy this for my son

Bri said...

This is cool! I have a feeling my daughter (now 2) will love this here in a couple years!

Len Swegart said...

These used to blow my mind when I was little. I thought they were the coolest thing ever. And the mix squishy package is great for tactile learning. Love them both!

Unknown said...

These gifts look fun to me!

Lady In Read said...

so cool.. i need to see where we can enjoy it first but is definitely fun

Terra Heck said...

I gave my kids a Plasma Globe a couple years ago. We've all been entertained by it.

Terry Poage said...

I love plasma gloves. They are so cool and teaches kids about electricity. The second item looks fun to play with to. It seems to come with everything you need to play and not make a mess.

Melissa Greene said...

I love plasma globes and so do my kids! I like how bright this one looks.

Shirley OFlynn said...

The Plasma globes are so cute. The molding kit would be ideal for hours and hours of playtime fun.