Thursday, June 18, 2020

Popsonic faves and flops!


Popsonic sells a variety of self care products such as toothbrushes, skin exfoliators and more for both men and women. Looking around online you'll find mixed reviews on their products ranging from one star reviews to five star reviews, I recently tried out nine of their products and wanted to share my experience with you! So today I'll go over which products worked and which were simply flops. 


My favorite product from them that I tested out is the "Smoothie" which is a small round hair removal deceive that can be used to help remove peach fuzz and hair on the face. It runs off of one AAA battery which is included with the product, and it has a cap for when it is being stored. The device is light weight and essentially works like a nose hair trimmer, you click the button on and the round trimmer on the top will begin to move. I find it is best to use this device in a circular motion to get the closest and most even hair removal, I haven't experienced any hair pulling while using this product. The smoothie retails for $24.99

The "Spade" is also a great product, which is used to help cleanse your skin, massage and infuse your favorite skincare products. It has a duel use, one side has small silicone bristles which are used during cleansing while the vibrations help remove dead skin, dirt and oil. On the back side are a few wave shaped ridges that are intended to help massage and infuse your favorite lotions, serums and skincare products into your skin to help you achieve a healthy glow. The spade retails for $99.99

I'd have to say the Typhoon water flosser is a close tie to being my favorite alongside the Smoothie, and it is the product out of the eight that I use the most. I like that after the water flosser is charged I can use it as a cordless water flosser so I can use it at the bathroom sink or in the shower. It's charge holds for quite sometime, in fact after I charged it the first time I haven't had to recharge it yet and I use it quite frequently. I do wish it held a bit more water because it seems to empty out quickly, however refilling it is simple and doesn't take long. If you haven't used a water flosser it may take a use or two for your teeth to get used to it, you may experience slight bleeding in your gums (happens with regular flossing too) that will stop the more you use it. It comes with four different tips, so you can save the extras to replace old tips with or four different people can use this since each tip has a different colored band. The typhoon water flosser retails for $49.99



Up next is the Go Sonic Toothbrush which is a travel sized electric toothbrush. This one went to my husband to test out, he didn't like how small the toothbrush head was. Otherwise the electric toothbrush part of it works perfectly fine, and it has a nice cap to keep your toothbrush cleaner and make it easier to take it on trips. It is battery operated and the battery seems to last for a good amount of time.  This toothbrush comes in nineteen different colors, comes with one replacement brush head and retails for $19.99. 

Two of the products came as a duo, which are the lip exfoliator and the sugar lip scrub. I enjoyed the sugar lip scrub which helped leave my lips feeling soft and looking smooth, however I didn't like the lip exfoliator as would consider it a flop. It didn't really feel like it was doing anything aside from moving the sugar scrub back and forth, I had better results using the sugar scrub and just my finger.  Prior to trying out the sugar scrub on the exfoliator I had tried it by itself and still didn't notice any difference. The biggest issue I had with this was that the lip exfoliator was a pain in the butt to clean, the sugar scrub just wanted to stay stuck in-between the small silicone bristles and even using my fingers to scrub it made it take a bit to clean. The duo retails for $29.99 or you can buy the scrub by itself for $12.99

Second to last we have the Strawberry 3 in 1 Exfoliator, it has a section of silicone bristles to help cleanse and massage your face and a thin steel edge along the side to help exfoliate and remove dead skin. After washing you can turn use the steel edge at a 45 degree angle to help open pores and lift dead skin for removal of dirt and oils. I suggest using this while you are in the shower, the combination of the steam and the vibration from this product will give you the best results for removing dead skin, plus it makes it easier and more convenient to rinse it off. The steel edge comes with a protective cover and it also comes with a charging cord, the charging port can be a little difficult to find (it is located on the back side towards the middle of the product). This product retails for $79.99


The final two products I reviewed were the Zip compact razor for men (retails for $49.99) and the LED gooseneck mirror (retails for $39.99). I wasn't happy with either of these products because they simply didn't seem to work as advertised. The compact razor is a wet/dry razor that didn't seem to cut hair at all, whether it was dry hair or wet hair. My husband tested it out on his face and I tested it out on my arm, neither of us saw any difference in the area we used it on and we tried using it at different angles/using different amounts of pressure. If it would have worked properly it would have been nice to use during travel, however since it didn't work I tossed it out. The mirror had LED lights on it which are nice and help you properly see what you are doing, however I couldn't get the suction cup base to stick to anything in my bathroom no matter how many times I tried. I even tried getting the bottom of it slightly wet like you would when sticking a suction cup to the inside of the shower, however it still wouldn't hold and kept falling down/over. 

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Popsonic for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

11 comments:

Cyndi Buchanan said...

The smoothie sounds fantastic. I'll have to check this out.

Agnes Dela Cruz said...

That Go Sonic toothbrush looks interesting. I would love to try these and see how they work.

Tracy @ Cleland Clan said...

I love your honesty and thoroughness in this review. I'd like to try some of the products--especially the water flosser.

Ivana Mearns said...

What a great product, it looks very gentle. I would love to try this sometime soon.

Monidipa said...

The smoothie one looks gentle for gums. I will check it out.

John Todorovic said...

Typhoon water flosser sound great! No strings attached (pun intended) :)

Lorita said...

I love using water flosser! I might have to look into the smoothie now!

moonlightmel said...

I have never heard of this brand before but these look like wonderful products! I need to try them

Buyingstylewithmeg said...

My daughter just got interested in using a water flosser, and the cute design adds a little fun! Maybe I will grab that for her. Great price too!

Marta said...

That toothbrush looks intresting and cute.

Sbn said...

Never even considered a water flosser until after reading this post. I will definitely give it a try!