Thursday, June 11, 2020

February/March Creepy Crate Review!





I've been MIA for a little while and if you are wondering why, you can find out by checking out my facebook post. With the summer heat in full effect I am dreaming of Fall! It is one of my favorite times of the year because the weather is cooling down and all the stores start putting out all of their Halloween decorations. My home has a bit of a nerdy Addams family feel to it, there are lots of comic book, video game and Spooky themed decor up on our walls, and I've always been a fan of horror/thriller movies. So when I found a subscription crate called Creepy Crate I knew it was going to be a box worth looking into.



Creepy Crate is a True Crime/Horror subscription box that ships out on a bi-monthly basis. Each box could contain clothing, pins, accessories, house goods, books and more that is based on either a true crime such as the zodiac killer or on a horror movie such as Friday the 13th. You can purchase a three box subscription for $120 or a six box subscription for $240. 



Today I am going to be sharing the February/March 2020 box with you! You can spot the box as soon as it arrives on your porch because the box is adorned with spooky symbols like black cats, kitchen knives, etc. My box came packed with seven different products, I like that no two products were from the same horror theme. What was in the box? 




I received a book called Voices in the snow by Darcy Coates, A I <3 Derry T-shirt, A Zodiac Memo Book, A digital Ebook copy of "Sleep,My Child,Forever" by John Coston, A winged demon pin, A Undead horde keychain and a set of death dice. Sorry the cat isn't included in the box! My three favorite items from the box have to be the pin, dice and the memo book. As much as I love the pin though I have to figure out where I'd like to put it, I had it on my purse for a while but the back won't stay on securely and it slips right off (thankfully I didn't lose it when it fell off of my purse).

How cool are those death dice? Each side of the dice has little skulls carved into it that match the number correlated for that side. Some of the skulls are slightly different than the others but they are pretty uniform and I enjoy that they gave them a vintage/worn stain to make them look like actual bone. They are light weight, work well and would make a great addition to any D&D dice sets. The memo book seems to be well made and I think they did an excellent job on it, I was able to guess who it was in relation to as soon as I spotted it. I always like carrying a small notebook or notepad in my purse and this is the perfect size for carrying around with me. If you love Zombies, you'll love the zombie horde keychain which features a number of ghastly zombies to help brighten your rotten day. 







I enjoyed the fact that their T-shirt size chart is true to size, back quite some time ago when I was getting the Lootcrates the T-shirts were always significantly smaller than what the size chart was. So when picking out a shirt size I'd go with your normal size! I do however wish that the shirt included in this was black instead of white, as I typically don't wear anything that isn't black so I passed this shirt onto a friend of mine who will wear it. I haven't had a chance to read the book yet but it seems like it will be a fantastic read that I can't wait to dive into. 

Over all I really enjoyed this box, it had several fun products that are all useful and neat to have. Price wise each box comes out to about $40, for me that is a bit higher than what I'd typically pay for a subscription box but this was packed full of unique products I loved and don't think I would have found otherwise. 

Disclaimer- Creepy Crate provided a box for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

27 comments:

Neil Alvin Nicerio said...

Those look like an awesome thing to add to my Gothic collection. I have several crystal skulls already. I love the dice! :) Would love to have those.

Mary said...

Great review, they definitely look cool enough to add to one's collections.

indra k said...

Whole collection is amazing. I am eager to try out after reading your review.

Cassie said...

My daughters would love this crate, they like anything creepy

Marta said...

That is an super cool box. Love anything creepy.

Sumit walia said...

hi
never knew that something like this also is available. Thanks for getting this to us readers so that we too can explore

Anonymous said...

This is so cool love the creep element!

Kristyn said...

This is so cool! I love all the different subscriptions for people out there!

Marjie Mare said...

I am sharing this post with my daughter. She would love this.

aisasami said...

Wow, this looks like an amazing crate for those who love horror and/or mystery! Nice to know such an awesome crate!

Alyssa said...

OMG this subscription box is a perfect gift for my mom because she's so into thriller/horror genre. What a great idea!

Blair Villanueva said...

These are really cute items. I have a niece who would love to receive this box.

Agnes Dela Cruz said...

Looks like an awesome crate. I love that coffee pin. :)

Sara said...

What an interesting crate

J Renee W said...

I'm a true crime follower and this box looks awesome!

Maryann D. said...

My daughter is a big Halloween fan. She would get such a kick out of having this Creepy Crate.
twinkle at optonline dot net

tat2gurlzrock said...

I really love this! You have no idea how much!

Bay City Amber said...

Everything looks so awesome! This is a neat box!

L.C. said...

I like the last picture. Is that the Zodiac Memo Book?

Anonymous said...

That's cool

Live Laugh Love said...

The dices are really cool. Especially to play a game with.

Judy said...

I know someone in California who is all about Halloween and would love this!

Darla Kidder said...

I collect Star Wars , Angels baseball,and 9/11 stuff

Shellyj said...

Very interesting! I love the skull dice!

Buddy Garrett said...

This would be great for Halloween.

Antoinette M said...

Interesting subscription box!

AEKZ2 said...

I would love this subscription box!